UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Didn't Jesus commit suicide?

5/24/11 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuse my ignorance ahead of time, but I have always wondered about this. If Jesus is the son of god and he has otherworldly powers then doesn't he have to "allow" himself to die? Wouldn't that constitute suicide?
5/24/11 9:27 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Suicide is a depressed person seeking an escape, trying to end the pain of life, the confusion of life, the problems of life.

Jesus' life was a sacrifice.

Let's say that someone broke into your home to kill your loved one. They said that you were free to go but they were going to take the life of your loved one. When they pulled the trigger, you willing jumped in front of your loved one and saved their life.

You died.

You didn't commit suicide, you willingly laid down your life.
5/24/11 9:43 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suppose I can see that. Thanks for the answer.
5/24/11 9:50 PM
the rooster

You are welcome.
5/25/11 3:22 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool way of separating the two rooster. concise as well
5/27/11 1:39 AM
the rooster

thanks!
5/27/11 1:46 AM
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the rooster - No. Suicide is a depressed person seeking an escape, trying to end the pain of life, the confusion of life, the problems of life.

Jesus' life was a sacrifice.

Let's say that someone broke into your home to kill your loved one. They said that you were free to go but they were going to take the life of your loved one. When they pulled the trigger, you willing jumped in front of your loved one and saved their life.

You died.

You didn't commit suicide, you willingly laid down your life.

Well put, Rooster.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.