UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Elbow tendonitis injury will just not go away.

8/15/12 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You misunderstand...yes you will need rest...but if the tendonitus becomes chronic...you will have to rehab it...and if it's that bad you're talking SLOW negatives w/ like 5lbs or a light rubber exercise band...I hope it heals by it's own, but if not you will have to rehab it.

Also, it's not a question os strength...the idea here is not to make your arm stronger...but to rehab the inflamed tendon and begin the remodeling process...you will have to do this w/ a similar motion to the one that got you injured...only w/ REEEALLY light weight/resistance and very slow negatives.

Do your research homie
8/15/12 6:30 PM
mr biggelsworth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pain = inflammation. If you are in pain you cannot heal. Its basic physiology. So if I could do those exercises I would, but if it hurts like a bitch do you suggest continuing?

Maybe they could help it heal, in some cases it could make it worse IMO. I had a personal trainer have me do a bunch of shoulder exercises a long time ago for my shoulder tendonitis, the shoulder hurt so bad for like a week after and I am 100% sure it either did damage or at least delayed healing.

At any rate, I just got back from Dr and having an MRI on my arm Monday because it looks like I don't have tendonitis but it is a torn bicep. No wonder I haven't been able to get rid of this.

8/15/12 7:10 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol-Shoulder exercises from a trainer and proper rehab are not the same thing...Again, just research it. I've had horrible tendonituus...but the slow negatives really helped...especially after 2-4 times. I do them once a week.How can you knock slow negative eccentric loading w/ light weight for rehab if you haven't tried it ? That's not what you did w/ your trainer I'm sure.
8/15/12 10:31 PM
mr biggelsworth

it actually was a physical therapist and I did front arm raises with resistance from a rubber band, it made my shit worse. if it works for you and others then thats cool
8/16/12 10:29 AM
raoulDuke

thanks skarhead. appreciate it bro
8/16/12 7:04 PM
SKARHEAD

mr biggelsworth - it actually was a physical therapist and I did front arm raises with resistance from a rubber band, it made my shit worse. if it works for you and others then thats cool

rAm raises w/ a band isn't what I was talking about. It's how you do it...Doing it wrong would make it worse...Did he have you do eccentric loading ? Just do your own research man...google isn't a hard place to start. At the very least educate yourself.
8/17/12 5:14 PM
turducken

if its an acute/one time problem, then rest and ice will fix it. if its a chronic issue, rest will do jack shit to fix it. you need a skilled therapist to massage the fuck out of it and use ultrasound, laser, and/or electrostim. basically your body doesnt recognize the problem area as a fresh injury so it never really heals properly...by brutally massaging you, the therapist sort of creates a fresh injury and along with the other tools i mentioned, increases blood flow and healing factors to the area. then you work in rehab exercises and stretching. eccentric exercise is extremely important. this is the only way to fix chronic tendinitis/tendinosis.
9/12/12 1:19 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Popolop - To get rid of tendinitis you need to do 2 things: get rid of the inflammation by icing for 15 minutes on the elbow at a time and do it frequently, and begin exercises to restore normal range of motion of pronation, supination, wrist flexion, and wrist extension. To see effective results, you should be icing several times a day and ideally find a way to do range of motion exercises as much as possible. Most importantly, stick with it. When you do stretching, make sure you are warmed up. For tape jobs, you could try using power flex about the width of 2 fingers below the elbow, when you put it on, make sure your elbow is flexed to 90 degrees. Go around a couple times and just make sure it is not too tight. Hope some of this helped

This. Spot on.

Coupled with massage and as crazy as some feel it sounds, acupuncture. Our pro fighters that deal with tendon issues see great results from seeing a knowledgeable acupuncturist.

Good luck, bicep tendon issues are common problems in BJJ/Grappling arts and MMA.

JP
9/14/12 10:00 AM
SKARHEAD

I have tried accupuncture....but nothing.

How would I go about finding a GOOD accupuncture sports therapist ?
9/14/12 12:52 PM
turducken

dude, you need to find a DPT who has experience dealing with this issue(like someone who works with professional golfers, tennis and baseball players). the key is a well qualified DPT, not just some idiot with a therapy certificate from night school.
9/16/12 9:44 AM
SKARHEAD

Yeah, I saw a guy who had been doing it for decades....Claimed to work w/ all kinds of athletes and whanot...Wasted my time....Got MUCH further years later w/ eccentric exercises
4/1/13 11:05 PM
AFTC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please look up prolotherapy. They inject the tendon with a dextrose solution and it signals the body that the tendon is injured and increases the blood flow to bring healing nutrients. The newest version is PRP.

They take your blood and spin it in a centrifuge to get the platlets. They then inject it back in and it heals.

I have used this or my rotator cuff with great success. I have some bad elbow tenonitis going on and will be getting PRP in a couple of months.

Once again please search it. It can make a huge difference in your healing.
4/2/13 1:11 PM
raoulDuke

active release therapy has really helped my bicep tendonitis. felt AMAZING afterwards

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.