UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> A humbling night...

5/24/11 8:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was driving into OK City and got caught in the storm. It was black and then light and the rain was pouring so hard it was difficult to see. the rain the streets made it hard to drive and my GPS was knocked out. I called my Pastor and an elder and asked for prayer and then I kept repeating Proverbs 3:5-6.

At one point it looked like wisps of clouds all around me, like when you are in an airplane going though clouds. I found my hotel and I could barely open the door and it was difficult to get to the doors.

The Lord in His Mercy gave me favor. Thank you Jesus for the precious breath of life. I can't wait to see my family tomorrow!
5/24/11 10:20 PM
Grakman

Glad you made it to the hotel safe and sound rooster. Good luck tomorrow.
5/24/11 10:40 PM
the rooster

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it!
5/24/11 10:43 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God bless old bean. Phone Post
5/24/11 11:04 PM
yusul
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've been in situations similar and i am glad you are safe.
5/24/11 11:06 PM
the rooster

thanks guys!
5/25/11 3:20 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God is so good. more and more, every day, im realizing this.
5/26/11 4:48 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were almost free of you............:)
5/26/11 7:52 PM
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear you are safe

Rev
5/26/11 10:39 PM
Workman

rooster, I certainly have experienced this type of situation, though, it doesn't seem as though it was as severe, or as long.

What a truly frightening experience this would have been for you.

I must say that, I am encouraged by how you dealt with the situation. Mainly, you turned to the Lord for deliverance, through prayer.

Whether for good, or bad situations in our lives, we should all esteem to keep our eyes squarely pointed at the Lord.

Secondly, you couldn't wait to see your family. It would appear that you are truly a man with his priorities in order:)

I'm grateful to the Lord for seeing you through the darkness and storm; all to His glory.
5/27/11 1:27 AM
the rooster

Thanks guys. Despite all my bravado, the thought of being vaporized in a death tornado seemed somehow like a non attractive way to be called up to heaven :-)

I was pretty freaked but I prayed and thought, "whatever happens, I will trust Him".

(ouch Zealot! :-)
5/27/11 2:03 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/11 11:06 AM

5/27/11 3:42 AM
Slysir09
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/27/11 6:49 PM
Unbelievable just how many people have lost there lives to tornadoes lately....very glad your ok rooster.

I wouldnt last to long in tornadoe land, I dont know how you guys do it there.
5/27/11 4:34 PM
the rooster

Sly how ya been man?!?
5/27/11 5:36 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jesse, you know Im joking......
5/27/11 6:11 PM
prof
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/27/11 8:26 PM
I'm happy you are ok Rooster.

But your post begs the question: What is it about you that made you more deserving in God's eyes of protection, vs those so often killed by storms?

ETA: Just want to reiterate I'm very glad you are ok Rooster!

Prof.
5/27/11 7:01 PM
Slysir09
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doing good bro...hope you and your family are well...stay safe
5/28/11 9:49 AM
the rooster

prof - I'm happy you are ok Rooster.

But your post begs the question: What is it about you that made you more deserving in God's eyes of protection, vs those so often killed by storms?

ETA: Just want to reiterate I'm very glad you are ok Rooster!

Prof.

Prof, thank you!

I don't know what made me more deserving. What made Paul more worthy of Stephen to survive his stonings when Stephen did not? What made John more worthy to die in old age rather then be martyred like Peter?

And am I more worthy or less worthy? Maybe the good Lord knew I was not ready to die. Not just for things to be accomplished for me (my family etc.) but maybe my spiritual condition or things he still had for me to do.

Maybe some folks were complete in done in what he had set out for them.

I don't know. I see in a temporal manner...like a person in a parade. He views from the top of a building, see the whole parade, the before and after.

I only praise him in that I did not really want to die by being torn apart in a tornado and for whatever reason, I found favor with Him.

I am ok with knowing I do not have the mind of the Almighty to know each and everything He does, but I do know that His word teaches that His thoughts towards me are good thoughts.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.