UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Fairtex Thai Suitcase Pad Review

5/29/11 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dim Sum Punch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought I would throw up a review of this popular but not very reviewed pad. I have had this particular pad for over 4 years now and it gets used quite regularly.

DESIGN, APPEARANCE, AND PRICING: A fairly simple design basically a rectangle with a handle on the top and the bottom. It is 18" tall 14" wide and 4" thick with a slight taper from top to bottom. Mine is red/black but this also comes in blue/black and most recently white/black. I have seen it sold for $120-$140 depending on where you get it from.

CONSTRUCTION: This pad is made from all synthetic materials and is like a giant Thai pad. One striking surface is well stitched to the sides with no loose strings. The other is tied with the shoe lace type material to enclose the foam inside. A Thai pad style handle is attached via rivets to the top and bottom of the pad. The quality fo the construction is top notch and should be considering it has the Fairtex name backing it.

USAGE: Probably most commonly used for leg kicks while held like a suitcase (hence the name) this pad is much more versitile than that. This thing has been blasted with front kicks, round kicks, back kicks, and knees from all angles possible. The dense multi layered foam does well to absorb the force blow after blow. That is not to say you still don't feel it but it does it's job and well. Alot of times with fake leather it can sting the top of the foot much more but not the case with this pad. It is just the right amout of cushion/density to kick and knee round after round.Even with it being Synthetic it is no less durable maybe even more durable than if it was leather. The handles have held up great and show only superficial dammage. This thing gets treated like an unwanted stepchild. It gets thrown around and gets as much use as most heavy bags do. It is still holding up great too other than minor abrasions from being tossed on the floor or at each other.

CRITISISMS: One thing about this design is it's lack of holding options and possibly it's shape. I think a lot of people may prefer a kick/body shield but that comes down to preference.

5/29/11 10:48 PM
Dim Sum Punch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Other than some scuffing from being tossed around this thing is bulletproof. I would absolutely buy another one if I needed but this thing just wont die! 9 out of 10
6/4/11 2:23 PM
soreshins
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just bought one of these and it really is bulletproof as you said. So well made and a great pad for really working leg kicks. Excellent work by Fairtex

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.