UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Thoughts on Sony Vegas?

5/30/11 1:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KirikMyName!
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just purchased Sony Vegas Movie Maker for my home PC. I plan to use it for some fairly basic movie editing. I've primarily used imovie in the past, just wondering if any of you use this program.

FYI, I have the simplest version of Sony Vegas, I may upgrade if I find it necessary depending on if I'm content with the version I purchased.
5/30/11 3:19 PM
ReneH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never played with movie maker but I have been a user of Vegas since version 3. Version 10d gave me some issues and I had to rollback to 10c. Ever since Sony bought Vegas the code has suffered to say the least, it has become somewhat buggy.

I'd say upgrade to 10c and consider buying the White Balance plugin from Frederic, it is a choice piece of work.
5/30/11 4:49 PM
KirikMyName!
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good deal, thanks. I've never used Vegas until now, so I purchased the most basic program (Vegas 9 HD). If I like it, I plan on upgrading.
6/13/11 3:53 PM
BarkLikeADog
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer FinalCut & Avid as does most of the industry but there's nothing significantly wrong with Vegas.
6/27/11 3:33 PM
ReneH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BarkLikeaDog,

Apple recently "upgraded" FCP to Vegas Pro!

Sorry, I am just having a little devilish fun at your expense. Over at the Vegas forum the members are discussing why the new FCP seems to look a lot like Vegas. By that I mean that many of the features that FCP just came out with were already a staple on Vegas, some for years.

Haven't used FCp because I don't own a Mac, have tried Avid, but Vegas was the NLE that I literally started using right off the bat. No training, it was just that intuitive for me.

In the end people will prefer an NLE that suits them overall.
7/4/11 6:42 PM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm gonna learn final cut this week. i've sat in a lot of editing but now i'm gonna take the wheel

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.