UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Skip Hall exposed as fake combat veteran and fraud

5/30/11 5:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God look at that Cro-Magnon looking ass face....Skip is ugly too.
5/30/11 5:36 PM
jkennedy
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - John Williams embellishes his stories like any old man does, he is very proud of his aboriginal ancestry and he dedicated his entire life to traditional martial arts. But unlike Skip Hall, John never claimed to be anything that he isn't.

You're right. Outside of his claim that he was an MMA fighter I have nothing against him. Oh wait...
5/30/11 5:36 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW: Skip...SPF 30 or higher you douche.
5/30/11 5:37 PM
nostripewhite
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. Again with this John Williams shit. Anyone who watches that fight will agree it was bullshit.

His younger, larger, stronger opponent tapped out to him HOLDING his leg.
5/30/11 5:38 PM
MOWA Outlaw

LOL. He wished I'd die in a tragic accident. Something like that. Speaks volumes about his character right there. And for what? For calling Sally on her dumb shit.

streetcop, big worm (& his umpteen accounts), blazer, strangle, williepep...we all knew. LOL @ all of you. ESPECIALLY KIRIK.
5/30/11 5:40 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, it's time for me to chime in...

I started promoting mma fights in Tuscaloosa in Dec. '06. I used Skip as my ref for 7 shows BECAUSE I BELIEVED HIS MILITARY STORIES!!!

Fuck me.

I helped with ALL FIVE of his "DIXIE THROWDOWN" shows... I rented him my ring and cage. I brought fighters. I recommended him to fighters. I went to his seminar with Dan Severn... I told everybody that Skip was a great guy; that he was cranky because of "his PTSD"...

Fuck me.

I stuck up for Skip when a ton of people in Alabama were bad-mouthing him... BECAUSE I BELIEVED HIS MILITARY STORIES!!!

Fuuuuuuuuck me.

I recommended him (and Sally!) to other promoters, because I thought I was "helping a fellow veteran." Fuck me...

I announced Skip as "a decorated military veteran; a winner of the Silver Star in Vietnam; a member of the Green Berets"... because that's what he told me. He never once stopped me, or corrected me. He would tell me vague combat stories about 'Nam, and I never once called "bullshit" on him.

To everyone who attended my shows (and that's thousands!), please accept my sincere apologies for using this lying scumbag...

And to Skip Hall:
FUCK YOU!

I'm Tom Stedham.
"Real name; real easy to find!"
5/30/11 5:40 PM
Stranglehold26

that's right...I think it went something like "MOWA, the next time I see you, you better walk the other way. I hope you die in a fiery car accident"

hahaha
5/30/11 5:43 PM
Stranglehold26

TomStedham - Well, it's time for me to chime in...

I started promoting mma fights in Tuscaloosa in Dec. '06. I used Skip as my ref for 7 shows BECAUSE I BELIEVED HIS MILITARY STORIES!!!

Fuck me.

I helped with ALL FIVE of his "DIXIE THROWDOWN" shows... I rented him my ring and cage. I brought fighters. I recommended him to fighters. I went to his seminar with Dan Severn... I told everybody that Skip was a great guy; that he was cranky because of "his PTSD"...

Fuck me.

I stuck up for Skip when a ton of people in Alabama were bad-mouthing him... BECAUSE I BELIEVED HIS MILITARY STORIES!!!

Fuuuuuuuuck me.

I recommended him (and Sally!) to other promoters, because I thought I was "helping a fellow veteran." Fuck me...

I announced Skip as "a decorated military veteran; a winner of the Silver Star in Vietnam; a member of the Green Berets"... because that's what he told me. He never once stopped me, or corrected me. He would tell me vague combat stories about 'Nam, and I never once called "bullshit" on him.

To everyone who attended my shows (and that's thousands!), please accept my sincere apologies for using this lying scumbag...

And to Skip Hall:
FUCK YOU!

I'm Tom Stedham.
"Real name; real easy to find!"

Tom may have been one of the few people in Alabama who would defend Skip when we all talked shit...but he gets points in my book for this post.

Thanks for coming on here and offering your perspective Real Name.
5/30/11 5:44 PM
RavenFighter

Haole - optimistic respect to the admins who posted this news on the homepage
Very true, but even the U.S. military veterans are outraged by Skip's conduct.
5/30/11 5:44 PM
Stranglehold26

Haole - optimistic respect to the admins who posted this news on the homepage

only way I will even spit in the general direction of that article is if there is an apology to all of us from the AL-UG for all the banning, freezing and deleted posts about Skip.
5/30/11 5:46 PM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oops
5/30/11 5:50 PM
krundle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skip and Sally were always straightup cool to me. He wanted to fight Me for his retirement fight. I tried not to hurt him because of respect. Sally said he had had several surgeries since being shot up in Nam'. For weeks before that fight I worried about him pulling some special forces technique out on me. I am confuse.
It was an awkward fight for me and not the best example of my efforts. I thanked God when the ref stopped that fight. Skip is beloved in Birmingham,Al.
I have already been Flamed for not punishing him,taking him down,head kicking him etc.. Skip had a bunch of injuries so I agreed to whatever he wanted wich was a standup fight. I can still sleep at nightas I may not be a shit hot fighter, but I am a good sport.
5/30/11 5:51 PM
Musashi
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who fucking cares.

If it's so honorable to be in the military, it should be a selfless service.. so ANYONE bragging about it or glorifying it (whether they are legit or not) should be ignored.

There is a difference between honoring those who serve in a general sense.. and inflating individuals into some kind of superhero. The fact that we do that to those who serve discredits the true spirit of Budo and makes it more likely that assholes like Hall will lie about shit.
5/30/11 5:57 PM
MOWA Outlaw

That was hilarious. Like he was some sort of a legitimate threat.

I'll give Sally credit for that thread (which I'm sure is deleted). She was civil. As civil as white trash can be that is. Then Skip came on & roided out. It was probably her using his account.

Real name, real easy to find - props for speaking up. When I first helped you I wondered why you worked with him & would defend him. I guess you took the old guy at face value & dismissed the foolishness as senility kicking in.
5/30/11 5:58 PM
RavenFighter

krundle - Skip and Sally were always straightup cool to me. He wanted to fight Me for his retirement fight. I tried not to hurt him because of respect. Sally said he had had several surgeries since being shot up in Nam'. For weeks before that fight I worried about him pulling some special forces technique out on me. I am confuse.
It was an awkward fight for me and not the best example of my efforts. I thanked God when the ref stopped that fight. Skip is beloved in Birmingham,Al.
I have already been Flamed for not punishing him,taking him down,head kicking him etc.. Skip had a bunch of injuries so I agreed to whatever he wanted wich was a standup fight. I can still sleep at nightas I may not be a shit hot fighter, but I am a good sport.
How do you feel about him getting your win changed to a no contest long after you had left town? 

5/30/11 6:11 PM
Haywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik himself needs to address this debacle.  Someone needs to forward that racist anti-African American post to the Secret Service.  They will pay him a visit.

It's bullshit that a bunch of honest UG'er's were banned, frozed, etc b/c of this asshole's whack claims.

What say you Kirik?
5/30/11 6:16 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a former Navy Seal who subsequently did three tours as a Green Beret before becoming a Delta Force Commander, I am outraged.
5/30/11 6:19 PM
krundle

Uh.......wasn,t aware of that one but hey, really??? See I asked him wtf after the fight cause I thought it was supposed to be a battle til some one couldn't continue etc.....BUT IT WAS NOT TO BE. Skip said he was having bad back problems and had onset of "parkinsons" disease .
If I remember he had been shot up in the knees or back and now he had Parkinsons???? I left town thinkingthe dude was a warrior wanting a swan song no matter what. I will say this. I hit Skip hard three times two in eye,one in stomach. It is hard to see on thhat shitty camera but his eye was fucked up. Thanks doc. I got so many questions now. I like Stedham too.
5/30/11 6:23 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haywood Jablowme -  Kirik himself needs to address this debacle.  Someone needs to forward that racist anti-African American post to the Secret Service.  They will pay him a visit.

It's bullshit that a bunch of honest UG'er's were banned, frozed, etc b/c of this asshole's whack claims.

What say you Kirik?<br type="_moz" />
Famous!
5/30/11 6:25 PM
RavenFighter

krundle - Uh.......wasn,t aware of that one but hey, really??? See I asked him wtf after the fight cause I thought it was supposed to be a battle til some one couldn't continue etc.....BUT IT WAS NOT TO BE. Skip said he was having bad back problems and had onset of "parkinsons" disease .
If I remember he had been shot up in the knees or back and now he had Parkinsons???? I left town thinkingthe dude was a warrior wanting a swan song no matter what. I will say this. I hit Skip hard three times two in eye,one in stomach. It is hard to see on thhat shitty camera but his eye was fucked up. Thanks doc. I got so many questions now. I like Stedham too.
Yes.  He got it changed to a NO CONTEST, claiming that you had poked him in the eye.

His wife altered wikipedia to reflect the no contest and it has gotten picked up on other sites either by reference to wikipedia or more of her interference.  Got to be careful when you are fighting in one of those places that don't have a commission.  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Hall_(MMA)

http://www.enotes.com/topic/Skip_Hall_(MMA)

http://mixedmartialarts.wikia.com/wiki/Skip_Hall_(MMA)
5/30/11 6:34 PM
Stranglehold26

"...Skip is beloved in Birmingham,Al."

no he is not. he is mocked constantly. the only place he was "beloved" was on a UG thread where the mods made sure to delete any post that did not show their love for him.
5/30/11 6:44 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a shameful old man.
5/30/11 6:56 PM
Mike F
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is awesome (and sad) that this dude didn't even know his fight had been changed to a no contest. That is some underhanded shit to pull on someone. You'd think an eye gouge reference or the reversing of a clean victory would've somehow crossed through e-mail at least.

If you read her posts or his blogs this shouldn't be too surprising. She was fucking nuts, they both were blatantly racist, and anyone squawking like he did about his war stories and military accomplishments is generally bound to be full of shit.

Whatta dick.
5/30/11 7:01 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krundle - Uh.......
I got so many questions now. I like Stedham too.

Well... Thanks, Kel!

I was Rundle's cornerman for this fight. He hit Skip one time in the face and Skip almost died on the spot. Rundle looked over at me with an expression like "WTF do I do now??? If I hit him again, he's gonna stroke out!"

That was NOT a "fixed fight" by any means. There was no agreement made beforehand. Rundle could have dropped Skip literally at any moment in the fight. But, like he said, he gave Skip, "the war hero" a chance to go out swinging. I remember putting a pic on my page saying something along the lines of "Skip Hall goes out fighting, like the true warrior he is"...

When I look back... damn, I feel bad.

After I had a "falling out" with Skip and Sally, she went online here and changed ALL THE RESULTS OF MY 5 SFA SHOWS TO "PRO FIGHTS"...

It took me forever to get that shit straightened out...

5/30/11 7:30 PM
Blizass
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would slap this man with my earned Green Beret.

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.