UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Bible study podcasts?

5/31/11 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone here know of a good bible/bible study podcast? Your help is appreciated. Thanks
6/4/11 1:02 PM
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nobody?
6/4/11 8:42 PM
mmanthebay
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not bible studies but I know a few good teaching podcast Phone Post
6/4/11 9:04 PM
Eggmachine

That works, what are your favorites?
6/4/11 9:30 PM
mmanthebay
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On iTunes do a search: Craig groeschel lifechurch.tv podcast, John Bevere podcast, John pipers askjohn podcast, jubilee Christian center podcast, gracetoyou podcast, best of Kris Vallotton podcast, bill Johnson podcast, mike Hayes podcast Phone Post
6/4/11 9:32 PM
mmanthebay

you may like Wayne grudems systematic theology podcast, and John Ethredge podcast Phone Post
6/5/11 12:01 AM
Ridgeback
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/05/11 12:09 AM
 If you are interested in an Orthodox perspective, this college professor created a "Bible study for busy people" that is going systematically through the whole Bible starting in Genesis.  

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/searchthescriptures

A big issue to work out before deciding on a particular Bible study is to figure out what tradition you want to study from.  You will get widely variable interpretations if you listen to a Bible study created by Mormons vs. Catholics for instance.  

I would highly recommend a little book called  Whose Bible Is It?  by Jarislov Pelikan before really digging in to any study.  It is a great overview of how the Bible came together and the general anatomy of this collection of books that have been so important to so many people.  

6/5/11 1:43 AM
mmanthebay

I'll be checking out that site Phone Post
6/5/11 1:02 PM
Eggmachine

Same here. Thanks for the help guys. I'm downloading "Who's Bible is it?" and will be checking out all the recommendations.
6/6/11 2:11 AM
MisQ x
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a study podcast but if you want a good podcast radio show, try Wretched Radio with Todd Friel. It's $5 a month, but you get a wide variety of Christian topics. Phone Post
6/11/11 7:03 PM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts lately, some about religion. While not Bible studies, here are some interesting ones, available on iTunes as well as their own websites you can google:

Apologia - interesting format, a few Atheists and a few Theists (Christian and other), all intelligent and articulate, debate a topic in a friendly roundtable atmosphere, without trying to score points on each other and trying to find common grounds for agreement. Some interesting topics that aren't normally raised, like political issues and the problems you find in your own belief system.

The Skeptical Christian - No new episodes in a while, but the podcaster does a good job of reviewing the Christian arguments in specific areas of apologetics.

6/11/11 10:18 PM
Ridgeback
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found a bunch of excellent general Christian podcasts at this link:

http://www.publicchristianity.com/podcasts.html

It has interviews with a variety of Christians from a variety of traditions ranging from Stanley Hauerwas (a pacifist) to Alvin Plantinga (Reformed) to David Bentley Hart (Orthodox).  

6/11/11 11:38 PM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that the Australian series you posted about earlier, Ridge? I downloaded those on iTunes and thought they were really interesting.
6/12/11 6:52 PM
Ridgeback

TheStewedOwl - Is that the Australian series you posted about earlier, Ridge? I downloaded those on iTunes and thought they were really interesting.

Yep.  I stumbled on them because of the David Bentley Hart interview, but I liked the Richard Swinburne, Stanley Hauerwas and Alvin Plantinga interviews as well.  The other ones are pretty good too, but I forgot their names.  

I always check the sonitus sanctus site for new talks and videos along with Peter Kreeft's site, just to name a couple of good Catholic sites.
6/14/11 9:33 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mars Hill Church has a great one.

Ravi Zacharias used to have one and I think you can still get his stuff.

RC Sproul has one that is sound, but I hate listening to him talk.

Key Life Ministries with Steve Brown has a good one.
6/14/11 10:40 AM
gord96
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like R.C. Sproul, but he is a bit too 'in depth' for my tastes. Sometimes reading his books is like reading an English text book.
6/14/11 1:50 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather read him than listen to him.
8/2/11 10:50 AM
Pokanghoya

ustream.tv/user/thebiblegeek
8/2/11 5:01 PM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
8/3/11 1:04 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/20/11 12:35 AM
Benedictus

gord96 - I like R.C. Sproul, but he is a bit too 'in depth' for my tastes. Sometimes reading his books is like reading an English text book.

I would recommend Spoul. I also think if you are serious, look at John Piper's ministry too.
9/20/11 4:46 PM
Lahi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Campolo has a good podcast, not always strictly what I'd call Bible study but good stuff.
9/20/11 4:48 PM
Lahi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/11 4:49 PM
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TonyCampoloPodcast
9/20/11 4:52 PM
Lahi

Thanks for the links Ridge, look foreward to checking out the second one.
9/20/11 4:54 PM
Lahi

Also you can find a lot of good talks by NT Wright here:

http://ntwrightpage.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.