UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jake Rosholt appealing Titan Fighting 18 DQ

6/1/11 2:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After his controversial disqualification loss to John Ott at Titan Fighting Championship 18 on Friday, Jake Rosholt is appealing the decision to the Kansas Athletic Commission.

The controversy arose when Rosholt hit Ott with a knee to the head of a downed opponent late in the third round, a foul under the Unified Rules. The referee ruled it an intentional foul and disqualified Rosholt when it was deemed Ott could no longer continue. Rosholt maintains his stance that the knee was an accidental foul.

With 40 seconds left in the fight, Rosholt landed the illegal knee. Rosholt said he thought Ott's knee was up and that's why he threw it, noting, at the time, he didn't know why the referee stopped the fight.

"We're talking with the commission from Kansas," Rosholt said. "We talked to them Friday night after the fight. I felt like there's been other fights where the exact same situation arose and those fights were allowed to go to the scorecards when the fighter couldn't continue and I don't understand why my fight wasn't allowed to go in that same direction."

"I don't really know what's going to come of it," Rosholt said. "I guess if nothing else it's going to make me feel a little bit better just because I didn't standby and let something I didn't feel was right happen."

"You know, do I think he (milked it)? Yeah, I think he did," Rosholt said. "Can I judge him or is it my place to judge him about what he did? No. It was his own decision. If he was hurt that bad, he was hurt that bad, but I sure think that he played it up a little bit. I don't understand how you can watch the video and not think that he did. The guy popped right back up, walked to the center, threw his thumbs up, the ref comes back over to him and says it was an illegal knee and he starts getting wobbly. So yeah, I think for sure he played it up a little bit."

Read entire article...
Listen to entire radio show...

(Knee is at the 5:20 mark)

6/1/11 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ott sold the shit out of that. Notice how as soon as it happens he STANDS UP, gives a thumbs up(shown in the replay), puts his hand on his hips, seems fine, then when he realizes whats going on he starts dramatically staggering around and then falls. Guy was gassed, just wanted out. Im no Rosholt fan by any means but I dont like seeing a DQ because of a good acting job.
6/1/11 3:29 PM
brune90
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he appeals and gets a no contest....going to the cards to win a fight you committed a big foul in (regardless of whether or not he was playing it up) shouldn't ever justify getting a win....just my .02
6/1/11 3:40 PM
Sofa King Cool
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight should have been stopped sooner cause of cuts. When I was watching live I knew he was acting. Phone Post
6/1/11 3:40 PM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brune90 - I hope he appeals and gets a no contest....going to the cards to win a fight you committed a big foul in (regardless of whether or not he was playing it up) shouldn't ever justify getting a win....just my .02

I agree with ya, definitely was an illegal knee, I dont think Jake deserves to win a decesion with the appeal either. I just have serious doubt that knee caused that much damage to ott. I think he was tired and hurt from before and saw an opportunity to get out of the fight without the L on his record.
6/1/11 3:45 PM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

must have taken acting classes from soccer players.
6/1/11 4:05 PM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ott was fucked up, but not from the knee IMO - he really sold that too, I was pissed that they handed the victory to the clearly beaten and battered fighter.
6/1/11 4:30 PM
The Samurai

That's an illegal knee! Rosholt did a mistake.He paid for that.Btw we should allow stomps and knees to the head on the ground.Rosholt was the best but lost because the rules.
SUX
6/1/11 4:42 PM
Liquid8

I'm not a fan of Rosholt in the slightest, but he got caught up in the fight and threw an illegal knee, it happens.

He was absolutley smashing him and getting a loss on the record is bullshit, especially how Ott sold that. I respected Ott from the Lashley fight, but lost it all from the lame soccer dive performance.
6/1/11 5:06 PM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how the knee KOd him like 2 minutes after it happened.
6/1/11 5:19 PM
TagaCameron

The strike looks pretty intentional. I mean when a guy's head is right at your waistline why
would you think that he's on two feet?
6/1/11 5:23 PM
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! ott got hit so hard he got knocked out 2 minutes later...
6/1/11 5:46 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unified Rules are fucking retarded.
6/1/11 5:46 PM
blueheron20816

Edited: 06/01/11 5:49 PM
Rosholt was careless, it was illegal, and the fight should have been stopped momentarily. Like I said before, Im definitely not a Rosholt fan, kinda the opposite actually, I just really dont like seeing shit like this. Jake is an idiot for the knee, yeah, but is rolling around on the ground so the other guy gets DQed any better? nope. Ott wanted the fight to end, that was clear, when someones rocked and trying to continue theyre usually flying all over the place trying to get their barings, not flopping over to their back, rolling around and trying to sell how hurt they are...he got back up and was fine for a few seconds...just not buyin it....
6/1/11 5:58 PM
Kingmma

Rosholt was dominating the entire fight. It should have been stopped because of the cuts. I think they should change the outcome to a no contest, same thing that should have happend with matt hamils win over jon jones. And you all should ease up on ott the man will fight anyone put in front of him and win or lose he always displays an iron will. Phone Post
6/1/11 6:06 PM
Humphrey

Edited: 06/01/11 6:07 PM
these appeals are pointless. The commission is not going to start changing decisions of the refs because if they did every fighter that loses would appeal the loss.

I understand the point, but it's never going to happen. and frankly it shouldn't. The commission should train their refs, and take action there. if the problem is blatant that might be another story, but this is nowhere near cement, and ott was acting anyway, so maybe rosholt would appeal the overturn if it happened. See the point?

6/1/11 6:15 PM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was Robbie Lawler levels of bad acting. In fact it was like Lawler was his acting coach, he did the same head circles Lawler did against Manhoef when he tried to pretend he was hurt and draw Manhoef in - Robbie's acting so was bad I thought he was trying to taunt Melvin.

Very transparent acting job by Ott. Not even sure if it's worth it for him, because yeah he gets the win. But Ott was respected for his toughness and people are going to mock him for this pretty bad. That was pretty brutal, looks fine with the thumbs up and suddenly becomes a bobblehead.

As for the appeal, nothing will come of it. Rosholt is just wasting his energy. I suppose I can understand the desire to do everything you can when you feel like you got screwed, but the commissions almost never overturn referee judgement calls.
6/1/11 6:21 PM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/01/11 6:22 PM
Kingmma - It should have been stopped because of the cuts.

Maybe, although I think the Voice is going totally overboard at the end there. It was a cut on the nose, it's not affecting his vision. And that level of blood loss is nowhere near enough to affect you - the blood in your mouth might affect your breathing, and it can affect you mentally, but the blood loss itself is too minor as Trigg correctly points out. You can make a good case for stopping the fight, but Schiavello shouldn't be criticizing the doctor.
6/1/11 6:34 PM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...so why have rules about knees to a grounded opponent or kicking the nuts if they are just going to brush it off?
unless you can do = damage to the fighter that did the illegal move.  Give the guy a free knee to Jake's face.  or automatic 2 point deduction.
6/1/11 6:45 PM
ALL DAY JAY

blueheron20816 - Ott sold the shit out of that. Notice how as soon as it happens he STANDS UP, gives a thumbs up(shown in the replay), puts his hand on his hips, seems fine, then when he realizes whats going on he starts dramatically staggering around and then falls. Guy was gassed, just wanted out. Im no Rosholt fan by any means but I dont like seeing a DQ because of a good acting job.

Agree 100%.
6/1/11 7:52 PM
DaemonDragon

People Like Snatch Get Slapped - Truly awful post. Fucking retarded.

Was this really called for now. What specifically about that post was so bad? His head worbling doesn't in any way resemble Lawler against Melvin to you...?

Do you disagree that Ott hurt his tough guy reputation with this, and that people will use this to criticize him?

Do you disagree that Rosholt will just have ended up wasting energy on an appeal that goes nowhere?

Very odd to criticize my post with such venom, when I didn't say anything that even seems particularly controversial.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.