UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Shaq retires

6/3/11 12:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRBMoney14 - Because Shaq was only in his 3rd year, going up against a prime Olajuwon.

Prime Shaq against a 3rd year Hakeem would have been a massacre

Shaq improved his game after his 3rd year but he didn't add enough moves and footwork to be able to compete with Olajuwon.
6/3/11 6:19 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - While my answer might blow this thread into a five pager, I would have to pick the Admiral. I have written and erased why that is about eight times now lol. Suffice to say there are a lot of reasons, but ultimately I can forgive the Admiral's shortcomings easier than I can Shaqs. And I know that might not sound like much of an answer, but if I get some time later I will try and elaborate.

:/
6/3/11 12:05 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A larger-then-life personality, O'Neal retires with career averages of 23.7 points, 10.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.3 blocks per game on 58.2 percent shooting, but his numbers jumped to 27 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.5 blocks in 514 regular season games played in LA.

One of the game's greatest centers considers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to be the best to play the position. And, excluding himself from the conversation, he considers Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson to be the top five centers of all time.

"Just to have my name mentioned next to those guys is a blessing," O'Neal said.
6/3/11 12:24 PM
HeatleMania12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moses was better than Robinson, and Shaq is being humble
6/3/11 1:00 PM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moses getting no respect
6/3/11 6:02 PM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was that a slight to Kareem by Shaq?
6/3/11 7:47 PM
MadDog243
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/03/11 7:47 PM
He is probably gonna buy those seats so he can scream at Dwight every home game for steaing his superman shtick :)

Seriously though, Im gonna miss having Shaq in the league. While the trade that brought him to Phoenix was the beginning of the end of the Fun and Gun Suns, He was always entertaining, whether he was wearing the purple and orange or not.

I would LOVE if Kenny Smith was fired (or asked to retire, Brandon Roy style) from inside the NBA and Shaq brought in. Can you IMAGINE the hilarity that would ensue from Barkley and the Big AARP every thursday?!
6/3/11 8:45 PM
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Not a bad idea.

Especially since Kenny Smith is horrible.
6/3/11 9:36 PM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kenny smith blows
6/4/11 6:49 PM
DJJo

Monsters Ball - I never want to hear Shaq for long periods.

I have never heard Shaq give color commentary, but I tend to agree.
6/5/11 1:12 AM
halcyonday

Shaq had great footwork. People think he was able to do the things he did because of his size, but it was really his size AND footwork.

That being said, Shaq was lazy, especially when it came to free throws and staying in shape. If he had any work ethic, he would've led the league in scoring for 10 years straight.

And Hakeem did not stop Shaq when they met in the finals. 28, 12, and 6 is not "stopping" anything.
6/5/11 10:20 PM
supersaiyan

would be nice to seem him go into mma fulltime even if its smaller orgs like Dream or KSW

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.