UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> SI Joint Pain

6/3/11 7:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
skip donahue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey kids,
I have been dealing with chronic pain for the past few years that has recently been diagnosed as SI join inflammation. It varies from day to day, from tolerable to crippling. I was wondering if anyone on here has/had the same condition and things you have done to help deal with the symptoms.

Thanks
6/9/11 10:44 AM
ChangoBravo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. I have right side SI joint pain. It doesn't affect me daily, but hurts like hell to run, and most recently, heavy deep squatting.

My right leg is 1/4 inch shorter(due to a hip injury) than my left. I have a pedorthotist in my office that made a 1/4" heel insert for my right running shoe. Problem solved.

For squatting, which I do in Chuck Taylors, he put a 1/4" lift across the bottom of the whole shoe. There is not enough room inside the Chuck Taylors for a lift and you wouldn't want it anyway, because it would tilt you forward. The flat lift across the whole bottom of the shoe works like a champ!

Check to make sur that one leg isn'nt slightly longer. It is in a lot of people, they just don't know it. Then get some inserts. They are cheap and easy and make a HUGE difference!

Chango
6/10/11 10:30 AM
billygamble
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get some flector patches from your doc. Apply them at night when you go to sleep and viola in the morning your joint will feel brand new.

they are anti anflamatory non steroidal

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.