UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kingsbury gets 40k FOTN, and broken eye orbit

6/6/11 11:11 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“I’ve never been in a harder fight in my life.”
Kyle Kingsbury

Arizona State football player turned AKA MMA fighter Kyle Kingsbury suffered a broken orbital in his grueling unanimous decision win over Fabio Maldonado at “The Ultimate Fighter 13” Finale on Saturday. He told Sherdog.com he does not believe he will need corrective surgery but figures to miss considerable time while he recovers.

A two-punch combination from Maldonado in the third round left Kingsbury with damage to his left eye, which had swollen shut by fight’s end. Kingsbury utilized solid clinch work and superior wrestling in outdueling Maldonado, a feared Brazilian striker who entered the cage on an 11-fight winning streak.

The bout earned Fight of the Night and an extra $40,000 for each of the fighters.

Read entire article...

6/6/11 12:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, his eye was trashed.

Couldnt really tell until the post fight interview.

I expected he had orbital bone damage
6/6/11 12:36 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heal up Kyle and Congrats on the FOTN Bonus. Even tho I thought he lost, it was a good fight.
6/6/11 12:56 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

definitely agree with FOTN.

Great fight with some vicious strikes
6/6/11 1:12 PM
clattymine
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man ... someone needs to start a romo thread with that first pic.  It looks like he's having a stroke!

helluva fight!
6/6/11 1:31 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brutal fight
6/6/11 2:57 PM
flesheatingbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good to see that maldonado got a bonus.
6/6/11 3:24 PM
The Last Emperor

Edited: 06/06/11 3:24 PM
Close fight but I definitely thought Maldonado won. Those body shots were brutal. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters. His technical boxing skills are fun to watch in an MMA match.

Well deserved bonuses for both guys.
6/6/11 4:06 PM
TwinkieTheKid
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, props to both fighters. Maldonado has a good chin too...
6/6/11 9:12 PM
sevr1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The whole time I was watching this fight I couldn't stop wondering if Frank Trigg and Mark Coleman had a love child...
6/6/11 9:21 PM
soldierdad5417

sevr1 - The whole time I was watching this fight I couldn't stop wondering if Frank Trigg and Mark Coleman had a love child...

This, so help me God, this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.