UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo wants a Gracie in UFC Rio, but not himself

6/7/11 9:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Will anyone from the founding family of Brazilian jiu jitsu be a part of UFC Rio in August?

"In reality, I can't," Gracie said on The MMA Hour. "I have no time now. I was planning to, I began the training, but my life is so crazy I couldn't dedicate 100 percent to that."

"I hope Royce fights. To have a Gracie fight there would be great -- great for the fans, to have someone from my family fighting. I hoped to do it but I don't have the time to concentrate to it."

Renzo said his next competition will be an ADCC grappling match with Mario Sperry, and then he'll begin preparing for another UFC fight.

"For sure, I'll be fighting," Renzo said. "I would fight for free anywhere. That's how much I like this. The UFC is paying me, so how could I say no, but that's the reality. ... I love the sport so much."

"I love Dana. I've known Dana since before he was the UFC president and I've always had a great relationship with him."

Read entire article...

6/7/11 9:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not Roger?
6/7/11 10:04 AM
Phil Cardella
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well said Mental
6/7/11 10:05 AM
tjmitch
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger is fighting king mo, tey would have to switch that fight out. But I like the idea.
6/7/11 10:16 AM
Kanodogg1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger is fighting in July though isn't he? Or is he on June card? Should be good 2 go by Rio unless he gets wrecked real bad. Phone Post
6/7/11 10:18 AM
PKH
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kanodogg1 -  Roger is fighting in July though isn't he? Or is he on June card? Should be good 2 go by Rio unless he gets wrecked real bad. Phone Post
July 30th, so unless he taps Mo out in under a round taking no damage in the process, I don't see him making Rio in August - less than a month later. 

6/7/11 10:20 AM
Kanodogg1

Oh man nevermind I thought Rio was in late sept, and it's august, also thought roger/mo was early July Phone Post
6/7/11 10:22 AM
PKH
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kanodogg1 -  Oh man nevermind I thought Rio was in late sept, and it's august, also thought roger/mo was early July Phone Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikeforce:_Fedor_vs._Henderson
6/7/11 10:34 AM
The Samurai

100% agree. UFC in Rio needs someone from Gracie family !
6/7/11 10:42 AM
sevr1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since it doesn't seem like they'll have a Gracie on the card, they should just have a few of them in grappling matches at an expo....it'd be better than nothing...
6/7/11 12:30 PM
K-Dub-"T"

"For sure, I'll be fighting," Renzo said. "I would fight for free anywhere. That's how much I like this. The UFC is paying me, so how could I say no, but that's the reality. ... I love the sport so much."

I wish Royler would say this about ADCC.
6/7/11 6:12 PM
mynameisjonas
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger would be awesome, but since he can't then how bout Ralek?
6/7/11 6:54 PM
kbhat
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickMartelsArrogance - 
K-Dub-"T" -  "For sure, I'll be fighting," Renzo said. "I would fight for free anywhere. That's how much I like this. The UFC is paying me, so how could I say no, but that's the reality. ... I love the sport so much."

I wish Royler would say this about ADCC.

Royler intentionally priced himself out of the rematch at ADCC once Eddie came out and said unequivocally yes IMO.

Is that the narrative you wrote in your head?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.