UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> choose random goalie for stanley cup

6/12/11 11:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yusul
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i guess muds don't have the poll option.

you can pick 1 of 4 goalies to play for your team in the stanley cup finals via a time machine to bring them to the present. the catch is, they are pulled randomly from any time or any game in their career. i deliberatly picked goalies who have let in soft goals in key games.

who would you choose from the following:

1)roberto luongo
2)tom barasso
3)grant fuhr
4)niittymaki
6/13/11 11:13 PM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuhr by a country mile.
6/14/11 10:32 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuhr's overrated. Nittymaki's way too inconsistent.

Barasso would be a decent pick. Though you might get him at the end of career when he was mediocre.

I'd pick Luongo.
6/14/11 11:22 PM
yusul
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'd have to pick fuhr, but it would have to be between luongo and fuhr.

fuhr has been known for letting in soft goals but has been better overall in shutting the door in key games with everything on the line. luongo especially for the panthers has looked invincible at times for longer streaks.

i've heard arguments that barasso was solid but he really went on playoff streaks when they won the cup. but i always thought wregget was the better goalie but never really got a chance to prove it.

nittymaki has to deal with 2 line passes, quicker players with quicker releases. however, he did win a cup with the hawks.
6/15/11 12:20 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yusul -nittymaki has to deal with 2 line passes, quicker players with quicker releases. however, he did win a cup with the hawks.

You are thinking about Niemi.
6/23/11 11:11 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuhr let in a lot of goals and more then his fair share of weak goals, but was rarely blamed for the losses and often credited for the wins.

Big game goalie for sure.
6/27/11 11:41 PM
yusul

d'oh, wrong goalie. should have been niemi.
7/5/11 10:28 PM
Hoyce Chopino
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barasso all day, everyone else is overrated specially choke'a'loungo

but I am bias bc I am a die hard Guins fan
7/7/11 4:09 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuhr, clutch big game goalie, a winner.
8/9/11 10:46 PM
bruddahoodaman
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

out of those, fuhr. if i could pick my own, i'd take roy.
8/30/11 2:22 PM
RKing85
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

out of those 4 options, Fuhr.

But none of those guys would be my top choices.
2/12/13 12:23 AM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure I wouldnt want Luongo.
2/16/13 9:39 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luongo, absolutely.
7/3/13 2:06 PM
kungfugrip
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuhr also had the confidence that his team will get it back if he lets one in. That can really remove the pressure and allow you to play to your best

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.