UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Why Is The Editing Function So Awful?

6/15/11 4:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
prof
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...or should I say: "virtually useless?"

Seriously...what is up? Any time I want to modify a post and press the "edit" feature, the post becomes unformatted and mangled beyond all recognition, making me despair of ever having pressed that evil function. I use Firefox and Safari.

I don't know a single other forum that has such a horrendous edit function. What is so hard about getting this right and what's up with this?

Thanks,

Prof.
6/15/11 5:31 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you expect the IT forum to tell you? No one here programmed the thing, lol!

There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
6/17/11 8:35 AM
NinjaNate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think what happens is that the html tags which format your posts (blank lines etc) get converted into plain text when you edit and so you see things like <b> all over the place.
6/17/11 8:35 AM
NinjaNate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/11 8:35 AM
Its pretty poor testing which would allow something like that to happen though.<br /><br />

Know what I mean?

* edited to illustrate my point
6/17/11 7:28 PM
prof
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exactly.

What...on earth...were they thinking?

Prof

6/28/11 6:45 PM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a relatively new bug, shouldn't they simply be able to just revert back to an earlier bug-free version?
6/29/11 4:47 PM
GodSaveThePippa
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - It's a relatively new bug, shouldn't they simply be able to just revert back to an earlier bug-free version?

LOL, I see what you did there. There's never been an earlier bug-free version of this site.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.