UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Recommend a good tackle bag.

6/18/11 1:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sevent2
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just starting to get back into fishing, and I am getting tired of lugging my big, plastic tackle box around. Can you guys recommend a tackle bag that would hold two or three plastic tufftainers? I have a set of lures for the river, a set for lake/pond and the other holds hooks, sinkers, etc.

I have seen a few messenger style bags that looked pretty handy, but I figured I get some opinions. It must have a shoulder strap, to free up a hand for carrying my nets and bucket.

Thanks
6/20/11 9:59 AM
MachetePhil
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're just walking to a spot what about a regular back pack? I have the same problem with two or three, or four, seperate boxes for different stuff and never can find the right bag/box to neatly organize and carry my shit.  The stuff I see on the shelf at gander is overpriced and never exactly what I need.

I'm intersted in some responses as well, but I usually just use a backpack for my seperate containers/boxes of lures/hooks etc.
6/21/11 4:17 AM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i used one for walking to the lake by my old house. hands free and loved it. 

basspro also sells a browning one thats pretty nice.  
6/23/11 12:04 AM
mofugra
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a little back pack and toss in my containers/boxes into it. Works great. And like someone said its hands free.
6/23/11 9:27 AM
sevent2
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ended up going with this for my river gear:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&authuser=0&nord=1&q=Flambeau+AZ3+Tackle+System&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1152&bih=1079&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9474418881084091813&sa=X&ei=Cj4DTtnXIK-30AGO1Kn3DQ&ved=0CGMQ8wIwBQ

It holds three large plastic boxes, has a smaller plastic box in the front pouch, has a large backside pouch, two end pouches and elastic cord on the top for my poncho. It was exactly what I needed, and I got it for 18 bucks at Wal-Mart.
6/25/11 9:48 AM
MachetePhil
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty good deal for $18

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.