UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> My new Mats have ARRIVED!

6/18/11 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
emotion #13
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ordered that deal off of Dollamur a couple weeks ago for like $65 for each 4x6, sick deal. Got them today. They ended up sending 2 red, 2 black. Not bad! Looks great. I went with Tatami 1.5". Very surprised at how thick these actually are and how FIRM they seem. That will take a bit of getting used to. I thought they would be softer for some reason. 

Anyway, what would you guys use to clean them? I fogot to buy their cleaner but I probably will.

Also a sidenote, they are not selling them with TAPE anymore. You need to buy that seperate apparently. Mine was one of the last shipments they sent with tape. Also buy straps if you buy some.

Great mats. Great price. pics will be added later once i clean out the garage and get the bastards set out.
6/18/11 9:00 PM
emotion #13
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ordered that deal off of Dollamur a couple weeks ago for like $65 for each 4x6, sick deal. Got them today. They ended up sending 2 red, 2 black. Not bad! Looks great. I went with Tatami 1.5". Very surprised at how thick these actually are and how FIRM they seem. That will take a bit of getting used to. I thought they would be softer for some reason. 

Anyway, what would you guys use to clean them? I fogot to buy their cleaner but I probably will.

Also a sidenote, they are not selling them with TAPE anymore. You need to buy that seperate apparently. Mine was one of the last shipments they sent with tape. Also buy straps if you buy some.

Great mats. Great price. pics will be added later once i clean out the garage and get the bastards set out.
6/18/11 9:15 PM
Empire
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i use something like this. much cheaper at Loews or something.

i mix water and bleach. not a lot. just enough. directions are on the bleach bottle. use maybe a little less as teh smell is strong in an enclosed area.

i have a ceiling fan in my grappling room and i use the water bleach in sprayer and then dry w/ a towel (lay towel down and walk around the mat w/ the towel under your feet - sliding feet around). the fan takes care of the rest in a few minutes. it's been about 3 years using bleach and mats still maintain their color. no break down. mind you i don't use everyday but i have at least 1x a week and the mat gets real nasty after 1hr of hard rolling.

Link - it's not matbattle.
6/19/11 11:24 AM
emotion #13

thanks Empire
6/19/11 11:24 AM
emotion #13

thanks Empire
6/19/11 11:57 AM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread is premature without pics, bro. I am disappoint.

I've been thinking about the smooth vs. tatami choice myself. Coming from judo, I'm familiar with the feel (good and bad) of tatamis, but I always figured I'd opt for the smooth mats to cut down on the raspberry toe effect that happens from time to time. But now I'm not so sure. I've heard a bunch of people saying the smooth mats get really slippery with and without the gi, so I'm thinking the next time I see one of those ugly colored(yellow) 12x12 tatamis on sale for like $400 I'm gonna grab it.
6/19/11 12:12 PM
JRockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a Swiffer Jet cleaner with the antibacterial bottle spray. Been about two years now, almost daily cleaning, never any mat diseases, no discoloration, mats smell great. Phone Post
6/19/11 12:19 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the swiffer jet is one of the greatest things ever.
6/19/11 1:02 PM
Empire
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have the 2" dollamur smooth finish.

slippery is not an issue. it is compared to a tatami just because tatami will have that extra "friction", but no issues w/ my mat.
6/19/11 1:07 PM
emotion #13

Jrockwell- what antibacterial u using? Phone Post
6/19/11 1:07 PM
emotion #13

Jrockwell- what antibacterial u using? Phone Post
6/20/11 12:59 AM
JRockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's actually the Swiffer brand antibacterial spray, comes in an orange bottle with a purple lid, you can get it at any Target or major grocery store.  I don't know exactly what's in it, I was semi-skeptical about how it would work on a mat with serious training and sweaty dudes, but it hasn't let me down yet, and it's been several years.
6/20/11 1:03 AM
emotion #13

Ok cool. Thanks man Phone Post
6/20/11 1:03 AM
emotion #13

Ok cool. Thanks man Phone Post
6/20/11 11:06 AM
Resident A Hole
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use Clorox disinfectant wipes. If your mats aren't real big, it only takes 3-4 wipes and a minute or 2.
6/20/11 11:09 AM
emotion #13

i like the swiffer idea. 12x8 is what im working with. should take 30 seconds with a swiffer. will try and set them up this week. been busy
6/20/11 11:09 AM
emotion #13

i like the swiffer idea. 12x8 is what im working with. should take 30 seconds with a swiffer. will try and set them up this week. been busy
6/21/11 3:44 PM
flee76
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a swiffer, and refill the containers with Lysol antibacterial floor cleaner. You can get both at target. The bottle of Lysol is something like $2. It's enough to make a bunch of refills.
6/21/11 3:50 PM
Mud Monster
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have some Dollamur mats that I keep at the house (2 x 5'x10'). I had some of the tape they used to sell and it wouldn't stick good at all. The mats would always pull apart and it would peel up really easy. I started using duct tape and that works really well.

I also use a mixture of water and bleach to clean mine or any kind of cleaning product that has Clorox in it.
6/21/11 5:14 PM
FenceGrab
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pics or it didn't happen
6/21/11 9:36 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odoban from Home Depot
6/22/11 12:26 AM
emotion #13

I'll take pics when I get back to town. I'm traveling again until Sunday Phone Post
6/22/11 12:26 AM
emotion #13

I'll take pics when I get back to town. I'm traveling again until Sunday Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.