UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Recommend an all-in-1 guitar effects unit

6/19/11 5:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BarkLikeADog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm mostly a classical player but every now & then I like to suit up & make some loud. I have all the standalone pedals I'd ever want for professional purposes, but I prefer all in ones for fooling around. Last thing I bought for that job was an Alesis Quadraverb GT with a MIDI control pedal, which was obviously a ways back.

What's the current monster box that's gonna give me the most whizbang?
6/20/11 7:20 AM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

axefx if you can afford it
6/20/11 10:47 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My fav so far is my BOSS GT-8

6/22/11 1:55 AM
BarkLikeADog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/11 2:01 AM
Wow that Axe-fx sounds lovely. I was looking for something more pedally to goof around with but I'll have to get that for the backline biz for sure. Is the current model (2) a significant improvement on that?
6/29/11 1:30 PM
goodandevil
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For goofing around get a zoom 505II. It is cheap plastic, but it goes for about $20 used. Not the greatest but it is pretty versatile and for $20 if you don't like it, no big deal.
7/4/11 3:21 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The newest Line 6 pedalboard is freaking awesome. Most advanced modeling from Line6 ever and you can stack and rearrange virtual pedals 'til you're blue in the face. 

Vox Tonelab looks pretty cool too.
7/4/11 6:32 PM
Too Rude
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive used a digitech rp200 for like 8 years now and i still love the thing, recently i bought a bunch of individual boss pedals wanting to put together a pedal board instead of using the RP200 and i still would rather have my digitech
3/10/12 9:51 PM
snailis
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too Rude - Ive used a digitech rp200 for like 8 years now and i still love the thing, recently i bought a bunch of individual boss pedals wanting to put together a pedal board instead of using the RP200 and i still would rather have my digitech

I bought a RP200 a week ago for $40 and I think it is pretty cool, the guy i bought it from didnt have the manual (I was able to downloaded one) but i havent actually sat down and read it yet, but i have played around with it a little bit and it seems pretty cool, then again i am newb guitar player and i fairly easy to impress.
3/11/12 3:41 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking to sell a couple Behringer rack units, their version of a Line6 PodPro called a V-Amp pro(I think).

Cool units, but like BLAG I want something on the floor that I can stomp effects in and out of the chain. 
3/13/12 12:17 AM
MMA Translations
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't believe how awesome my pod hd500 is. and at that price compared to the axefx, i can upgrade to line6's newest pod every few years for 25 years. 

3/13/12 4:28 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Vox Tonelab.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.