UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> A solution to eye pokes?

6/20/11 11:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
clevelandkid
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't read all 7 pages, so I'm not sure if anybody else said this or not - but a speed bag type glove would also eliminate people grabbing the fence all the damn time.
6/20/11 12:20 PM
BrokenBlueNose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clevelandkid - I didn't read all 7 pages, so I'm not sure if anybody else said this or not - but a speed bag type glove would also eliminate people grabbing the fence all the damn time.

how bout the 1st post, did u read the 1st post?
6/20/11 12:30 PM
BrokenBlueNose

90% of the time eye pokes happen when someone in measuring with their jab hand. In amateur boxing that is not allowed. Perhaps a similar rule can be put in place or at least say if you're going to measure with an open hand the fingers cannot point towards the face. You lose an Inch or two when you point you palm 1st rather than fingers though.

Or you could a piece of material that comes over the top of the knuckles and is bent a bit, so the fingers can't straighten out completely, that would make the hand roll off the face a bit more than let the fingers go straight in, you'd really have to claw at the eye to get it.
6/20/11 1:13 PM
cuervo

From a grappling perspective, seems like adding any material/bulk will decrease sensitivity, movement and dexterity.

What about just connecting the index and middle fingers? Aren't those the fingers most likely to poke eyes? Would connecting and covering them help?

Spock-gloves...?
6/20/11 2:17 PM
hougrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about deducting points whenever they catch someone with them like a groin kick or fining them. They need to be taught to close their hands when jabbing or throwing strikes. You're not a kitten pawing.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2013/2098568932_0fbc3c9f07_z.jpg

This is like a new form of eye gouging except that it is unintentional
6/20/11 2:19 PM
Nuetraman

Bruce Lee gloves in Enter the Dragon
6/20/11 2:34 PM
Cya

ttt
6/20/11 2:38 PM
osiriss
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTt. I liked some of the ideas let's test them out Phone Post
6/20/11 2:39 PM
regiondoc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This may not be a solution but maybe it will lead to a solution. Most of the damage sustained comes from lacerations or corneal abrasions. These are more likely related to the nail or something with a sharper edge, like maybe the leather edges of the gloves. Retinal detachments are probably no more likely from a finger poke versus repeatedly getting hit around the orbit. Its really the blunt impact that increases the risk for a detachment, and I see no way of preventing that simply with gloves.
6/20/11 2:44 PM
FormrChamp

I've got the perfect solution, how about just make a fucking fist.....I'm sure a hefty fine would deter them also......
6/20/11 2:46 PM
TheGARV
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAHQ, Click for Sale Price
 If you have finger separation, does it really matter if the finger is covered or not?  Boxers get thumbed in the eye even though their thumbs are fully covered (unless they are using the gloves where the thumb is attached). 

I don't think covering the separated fingers would help much.
6/20/11 3:23 PM
Naderhood's-Genital-Wart

Lmao I would fight Brock, The Reem AND JDS in a 3 on 1 fight with that gear on and I'm 155 on a fat day lol Phone Post
6/20/11 3:25 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Until protoype... Phone Post
6/20/11 3:30 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

First fire, then the wheel, then the elastic thin leather anti eye poke traction glove.

Such a time to be alive.

Srsly tho, i like the idea. Something has to be done. Phone Post
6/20/11 10:12 PM
shlever
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/11 11:15 PM
SPARTAN Athletic, llc spartan.com, Owner
 PM me joe....You can be my partner, I will get them made and we can sell them. 

good for small joint manipulation too... It should just be one simple thin peice of leather across the tops of  the fingers.  

...no I wont hack your idea.   
6/20/11 10:31 PM
shlever
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/11 11:11 PM
 although they would have to be closed between the fingers too so that fingers dont get caught under the finger tips.  
6/20/11 10:36 PM
JustinVincible
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i believe the gloves used here would solve the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfbqNZ2s2oA
6/20/11 10:37 PM
shlever

Edited: 06/20/11 11:11 PM
cuervo -
What about just connecting the index and middle fingers? Aren't those the fingers most likely to poke eyes? Would connecting and covering them help?

Spock-gloves...?

this.   

pull the trigger.

(yes I know their training gloves)
6/21/11 9:32 AM
lordbreakdown
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/21/11 9:48 AM
clevelandkid
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrokenBlueNose - how bout the 1st post, did u read the 1st post?

I sure did... and it makes no reference at all to a glove also helping prevent fighters from grabbing the cage.

If you're going to try and bash somebody for not reading a post, maybe you should read and comprehend that post first.
6/21/11 10:45 AM
duckhuntgangsta
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/11 10:48 AM
superCalo - 
duckhuntgangsta - What about genetically engineering fighters to have webbed fingers and double eye lids? It's evolution baby!

Nick Diaz got which should be illegal surgery so he dosent get cut or hurt as much, I wouldn't put it past him to ge the webbed fingers surgery as it would also help him in the swimming portion of the triathalongs he races in, likewise the double eye lids may negate the need for goggles thus decreasing the drag efficency and increasing his speed in the water.

Thank you Calo for taking me seriously. The solution to all our problems can be found in nature.

double eyelid

6/21/11 10:49 AM
duckhuntgangsta
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

doub eyelid
6/21/11 10:52 AM
duckhuntgangsta

hawaiidave -
How about goggles?

6/21/11 11:50 AM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just allow eye pokes Phone Post
6/21/11 2:51 PM
kascr25

A couple thoughts on the subject.

1 - Olives on the fingertips. Works for kids.
2 - Free shot for a foul.
An eye for an eye and a nut for a nut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.