UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> TMA in Vegas or Calgary?

6/19/11 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In 8 wks im moving to either Las Vegas or Calgary. Its not 100% yet. I want to continue my training in Traditional Martial Arts. I have a black belt in Shorin Ryu Karate.

I have been thinking about Shotokan, Chito Ryu or maybe Kyokushin. TKD is also an option for me as i like to use my kicks.

Can anyone recommend a gym for me from experience? or just who is the LEGIT in the area.

Karate or TKD?
6/20/11 1:14 PM
khd29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calgary Kyokushin:

http://www.kyokushincalgary.ca/ck_tmpl.php?content=home

6/20/11 1:15 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT thanks! i heard good things about that gym like they had guys place in world championships in japan?
6/20/11 1:25 PM
khd29

They are very active in competition scene. Not sure how well the students do but they have tough fighters. The head instructor is also a referee. Dont know how many they sent over the weekend for the All American Championships. It was a deep talent pool this year because placing means you qualify for the WC in Japan this Nov.
6/20/11 1:28 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

khd29, i appreciate that!

Know of any respectable TKD or Shotokan gyms in those areas?
6/20/11 1:38 PM
khd29

No problem, mang. Hope you enjoy your time with Kyokushin if you decide on Calgary. Cant help you with the others, though, sorry. I'm in NY and the only reason I know about the Calgary dojo is because they are the same organization (IKO1) as our dojo.

6/22/11 11:27 PM
emiliozapata

I train in isshinryu, but if i was moving and gonna change arts i would look to find an old school uechi ryu dojo, those guys seem legit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.