UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Cain Really The PROVEN #1?

6/21/11 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GingerWhinger
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy has all the potential in the world to be the best, but I think we are just speculating right now and projecting what we want Cain to be instead of what he has shown in his LIMITED 9 fight career.

Until he convincingly beats JDS, it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty that Cain is the top dog. If anything, JDS should be rated higher for beating much better opposition at this point in time.

my analysis:

Cain- Brilliant fighter. Nice speed, clean boxing, excellent wrestling and shows a great ability to get back to his feet and recover from getting rocked by big punches, non stop cardio and above all: fights smart. Has the ability to fight a HW fight with a relentless pace only seen from prime Fedor and that alone can get him some wins. He has impressed, but there are still questions about him due to his somewhat limited body of work. He's the top ranked guy by virtue of being the UFC champion, but I didn't like what I saw against Kongo. Cain was too hitable and his GnP looked anything but devastating (200+ punches landed against Rothwell and Kongo and limited damage) If Kongo didn't have the all time worst gameplan he could have finished Cain and Kongo came on 2 weeks notice and isn't a world beater. I feel that the best chance to beat him is a one hitter striker with great scrambles and an urgency to finish such as JDS or Overeem.

6/21/11 1:54 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I figger Jr. 2 Saints is gonna decapitate him.
6/21/11 1:57 PM
Schrute Boxe
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jr. 2 Saints FTW!
MMAfan55
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah right Cain is a freak with huge talent. He deserves the title and number one spot. He is definitely going to have to earn it against JDS though.
GingerWhinger
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/11 1:58 PM
Squared Circle - I figger Jr. 2 Saints is gonna decapitate him.

Especially since he's coming off an injury. His power only looked impressive against an exhausted Lesnar who dominated the first 2 minutes and the Ghost of Nog. Unless Cain's power can deter 2 Saints' swagga, he's fucked.  JDS is in the driver's seat for this one IMO

6/21/11 1:58 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if fujita was a well rounded fighter

if randleman wasnt such a spaz on the ground.

6/21/11 2:01 PM
PJ Benn Fan
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it because he is the champion but truthfully I have never been completely sold on him.

Hes never fought a killer like JDS and I think JDS is just going to annihilate him!
6/21/11 2:03 PM
jct71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not proven until he defends vs JDS of course but these 2 are the for sure 1 and 2 any way you shake it. Its a big gap to #3.
jjj2121

You are better than this Loopz.

The Kongo fight was a long time ago, yet those who doubt Cain have nothing else to cling to.

He's dominated every minute of every fight he's ever been in.  I have my doubts about when he faces Junior, that's a tall order coming off of a long layoff and major surgery.
Mr Sponge

His striking is underrated he finishes jds in the later rounds Phone Post
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he beats JDS, will he then be solidified as the #1?  it seems like today's mma fans are never satisfied. 

serious question btw
6/21/11 2:04 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the record, I think Jr. 2 Saints is a Lupoism. I don't know whatever happened to that guy.
6/21/11 2:19 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Junior only wins in the first 2 rounds. After that Cains relentless pressure breaks his will and gasses him out
6/21/11 2:19 PM
jjj2121

King Koopa - Yes. Beating Brock 'The Breakdancer' Lesnar makes you the G.O.A.T and #1 and all that shit. Great fighter though, glad we will soon see who the real #1 is. My pick is either JDS or Overeem.

LOL Lesnar is better than anyone Overeem has ever beaten at HW.  The Overeem #1 in the world train took a detour last Saturday when Fabricio Werdum was landing clean on him repeatedly.
6/21/11 2:23 PM
GingerWhinger

Edited: 06/21/11 2:29 PM
Squared Circle - For the record, I think Jr. 2 Saints is a Lupoism. I don't know whatever happened to that guy.

Friggin shame that the powers that be robbed us of Cugino Supremo over a Tim Hague thread where Bobby Loopz stood up for the fans against fan bashing like the Nelson Mandela of the UG. Word on the street is that The S.A.I,C. South African in Charge, might do the right thing and restore his good name.

6/21/11 2:24 PM
rowil

I don't think anyone has a more legitimate claim to #1 right now, and if he beats Dos Santos even less so.
6/21/11 2:25 PM
BzGrappla

Cain will walk right through JDS... then it will be some next guy who will "suppose" to crush cain.

Cain will takedown JDS pound on himp
6/21/11 2:26 PM
jct71

suess -  if he beats JDS, will he then be solidified as the #1?  it seems like today's mma fans are never satisfied. 

serious question btw

He would be 10-0 with only 1 or 2 fights going the distance depending on the JDS outcome. No doub the universal #1 at that point. Who would be next? Winner of the SF tourney I imagine.
6/21/11 2:27 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/11 2:27 PM
All that isnt proven is whether he can beat JDS and maintain his #1 ranking.

Cain is the clear #1 ranked HW, since he was #2 and defeated the #1 HW in Brock.

Speculation on whether he is better or can beat JDS has nothing to do with RANKINGS.

How many threads do we have to make about this?
6/21/11 2:31 PM
MrAmericanJiuJitsu

He beat Brock who was number one. So if my math is correct, that makes him #1. Phone Post
6/21/11 2:36 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jct71 - Not proven until he defends vs JDS of course but these 2 are the for sure 1 and 2 any way you shake it. Its a big gap to #3.

It IS proven. If JDS beats him, then JDS is #1. End of story.
Right at this moment, Cain is the proven #1 HW. And will stay that way until he fights JDS and we see what happens.

If you get to #1, and there is a #2 or #3 ranked contender that MAY beat you, it doesnt take away from your current #1 status until the fight actually goes down.

It is always a fluid thing, rankings....but you dont lose you position because someone may think a lesser ranked fighter Maybe could beat you.

Most credible ranking sites dont even have JDS at #2, but at #3.

It looks like this
1.Cain
2.Brock
3.JDS
6/21/11 2:40 PM
Chimonos Revenge

yhknq - the ufc title holder will always hold the number 1 spot
fighters dont aspire to be viewed number 1
by a select set of fans posting on message boards and such
they fight to get the hardware from the premier
organization which is on the biggest stage

Thats not true.
The #1 spot for years was Fedor, who was NOT the UFC title holder.

It just so happens at the current moment, it will be very difficult for anyone outside of the UFC to claim #1 over Cain and JDS, unless they come to the UFC and beat them.
6/21/11 2:41 PM
rowil

I do think Dos Santos at least since the Carwin fight should have overtaken Lesnar. Who knows when Lesnar's even coming back and what shape he'll be in then...
6/21/11 2:45 PM
Chimonos Revenge

rowil - I do think Dos Santos at least since the Carwin fight should have overtaken Lesnar. Who knows when Lesnar's even coming back and what shape he'll be in then...

It is close. Brock was #2 before the JDS/Carwin fight. A lot of ranking sites still have Brock at #2.
Remember, Brock had 4 top 10 wins. His only loss (when he himself was #1) was to the #2 Cain.
He didnt drop far, and has more top 10 wins at HW then Overeem, Cain, JDS, Werdum, Silva, etc.

Haters love to say Brock is no good, doesnt deserve to be in the top 10, but the proof is in the results.
6/21/11 3:24 PM
jct71

Cain could be #1 for the span of 1 fight so who really cares. Him and JDS are the top 2 and then there's everyone else.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.