UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> PRP Therapy

6/21/11 8:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dashooter911
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody ever get this done. Ive had horrible golfers elbow for the last year and half from a really bad armbar in BJJ. I posted her before and one of the posters recommended I try icing the elbow 4 times a day. That didn't work. I tried physical therapy. That didnt work either. My doctor now thinks I should try this thing call PRP Therapy where they take blood out of you and inject better blood back into you and it promotes healing. Anybody ever get this done before?
6/23/11 1:27 AM
Dashooter911

wow is this board dead or what?
6/29/11 3:06 AM
MattB ATC
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PRP may be helpful. The athletes I have worked with have found mixed results.

What type of therapy did you receive from the physical therapist? How was the golfer's elbow diagnosed? Did the doctor/physical therapist rule out any UCL damage?
6/30/11 1:50 AM
Dashooter911

The physical therapist had me do light dumbbell curls and tried to stregnthen all the sourrounding muscles. My shoulders and back, forearms. It didnt really help.

The doctor diagnosed it after seeing both and MRI and x-ray of the elbow. She rules out a a tear, she thinks it just has micro tears and scar tissue has formed cause it has been so long.

Oh and I got my injection yesterday, so far it feels maybe a tab better, but its still pretty sore from the injection. The injection hurt sooo much, it was like getting stabbed.
7/3/11 6:40 PM
Lynn Marie

Have you tried prolotherapy?
7/1/12 2:28 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, I have heard good things about this....Even better things about ADULT STEM CELL injection therapy. Research it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.