UnderGround Forums

Oklahoma Underground >> Bryan O in pen, Larry Srock is to blame

6/22/11 2:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
soonerdad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the fuck is in jail? And why? Phone Post
6/22/11 4:10 PM
Come At Me Bro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I'll tell you who SHOULD be in jail, and that is Larry!
6/23/11 11:07 AM
pillbottle

Magnum TA -  Why should Larry be blamed for shibby not being up to par? Phone Post

I don't think any of that mess had to do with shibby's level of skill. From what I understand Larry matched him for his first fight in a very lopsided match without doing any research.

Any time you are fighting out of town, and especially fighting one of the promoter's guys out of town, you'd better make damn sure you know what you're walking into. On top of that it sounded like a shoddy promotion and the post-fight medical attention was poor at best.

All around a bad deal, and if you want to take credit when guys like Spoon win, then you also have to shoulder the blame for a fiasco like this. I like Larry, but this is JMHO.
6/23/11 11:23 AM
budwhite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/11 11:23 AM
pillbottle - the post-fight medical attention was poor at best

This is probably the biggest issue.  

A guy gets a concussion in a fight and they don't recommend an immediate hospital visit?

That is insane.

6/23/11 11:50 AM
LARRY SROCK

I take more credit than you can imagine for that loss. Shibby wasn't outclassed. He was out manned. I asked what he looked like and was told he was built well but never spars in the gym and gets beat grappling. But when the lights came on he was a monster. Like I said I get it right all the time. This is an instance where I got it wrong.

As far as the medical stuff goes I've had concussions after sparring. Not bad ones but slight concussions. 2 days and I was good as new. The doc said it was a slight concussion, shibby wasn't displaying memory lapse or loss as guys with bad concussions often do so we took the doctors advice. Phone Post
6/23/11 12:06 PM
budwhite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LARRY SROCK -  I
As far as the medical stuff goes I've had concussions after sparring. Not bad ones but slight concussions. 2 days and I was good as new. The doc said it was a slight concussion, shibby wasn't displaying memory lapse or loss as guys with bad concussions often do so we took the doctors advice. Phone Post

If you're intending to stay in the athletic business for the long haul, you need to get better information on head injuries.

For your fighters' sakes.  That's what being a manager is about.
6/23/11 12:38 PM
LARRY SROCK

DULY NOTED!
6/23/11 1:07 PM
LARRY SROCK

OK AFTER SOME RESEARCH HERE IS WHAT I HAVE COME UP WITH, IT SEEMS AS THE DOC ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT UNLESS I AM READING THE INFO WRONG.

Grade 1- A mild concussion, occurs when there is a head injury and perhaps some confusion, but full memory of the event.

The American Academy of Neurology's guide to management of concussion in sports:
Grade 1
Transient confusion
No loss of consciousness
Concussion symptoms or mental status abnormalities on examination resolve in less than 15 minutes

6/23/11 1:08 PM
LARRY SROCK

http://martialartsandsportscience.com.au/Info/Ko's%20&%20Concussions.htm 
6/23/11 1:17 PM
Magnum TA

Shittyguy should have stayed in Oklahoma if he was looking for a bum fight. Lesson learned. Phone Post
6/23/11 1:22 PM
LARRY SROCK

he could have stayed here and throttled you! after all how tough could you be? you got tapped by a 120# girl!
6/23/11 1:48 PM
Magnum TA

Larry, that never happened you idiot. Phone Post
6/23/11 1:48 PM
Come At Me Bro

LARRY SROCK -  
As far as the medical stuff goes I've had concussions after sparring. Not bad ones but slight concussions. 2 days and I was good as new. 

How many of these have you had???

Because the research shows after 3 you are officially a clinical retard.
6/23/11 1:50 PM
Magnum TA

Since you are in Dale' s good graces I am sure he could have found a cab driver, chinese buffet cook, or homeless guy for Shibby's debut. Phone Post
6/23/11 1:59 PM
The Marvelous One
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet Dana White, Joe Silva, Lorenzo and Sean Shelby are crying their eyes out that their BFF is locked up.
6/23/11 2:02 PM
budwhite

LARRY SROCK -  OK AFTER SOME RESEARCH HERE IS WHAT I HAVE COME UP WITH, IT SEEMS AS THE DOC ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT UNLESS I AM READING THE INFO WRONG.

Grade 1- A mild concussion, occurs when there is a head injury and perhaps some confusion, but full memory of the event.

The American Academy of Neurology's guide to management of concussion in sports:
Grade 1
Transient confusion
No loss of consciousness
Concussion symptoms or mental status abnormalities on examination resolve in less than 15 minutes

The CDC recommends immediate evaluation by a doctor qualified to recognize the signs of TBI (mild or severe).

All sports physicians seem to agree that loss of conciousness due to head trauma necessitates a hospital visit.

If 15 minutes of research is all the time you have for the long term health of your athletes, I'm shocked.

In fact I'm kinda suprised you didn't know already being MOTY and all.
6/23/11 2:03 PM
Come At Me Bro

The Marvelous One - I bet Dana White, Joe Silva, Lorenzo and Sean Shelby are crying their eyes out that their BFF is locked up.

This!

Which gets back to my original point, since BryanO was so tight with all of those cats and by now word has surely got around that Larry Srock is to blame for his incarceration, I think it's very likely that Larry has been black balled from all the high level shows.

No way in hell any of his guys ever gets to fight on the big stage now.
6/23/11 2:18 PM
sweet science

LARRY SROCK VS TURD ATKINS!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

this message was brought to you by JIMMY JOHNSON
6/23/11 2:19 PM
Magnum TA

Bryan seemed like a good guy. You guys didn't like him? Phone Post
6/23/11 2:23 PM
Come At Me Bro

Magnum TA -  Bryan seemed like a good guy. You guys didn't like him? Phone Post

Aside from being a bigger attention whore than OMA Bryan is a pretty cool guy. I didn't hear anyone on this thread say he wasn't liked, in fact the opposite since I'm pissed at Larry for driving him to the circumstances that got him sent to the joint.
6/23/11 2:34 PM
Magnum TA

Where is OMA? Seems like he vanished online. Phone Post
6/23/11 2:47 PM
Come At Me Bro

I think he went back to school to get his PhD in toilet cleaning.
6/23/11 3:21 PM
Magnum TA

Good for you Beau Phone Post
6/23/11 3:58 PM
Come At Me Bro

Here's a picture that was captured by prison surveilance of Bryan out in the yard the other day.

God damn you Larry Srock, I hate you for this!!!!!!!

6/23/11 10:11 PM
virux11b
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did that guy really get beat by a girl? Is there actual evidence? And nice photo. I'm sure Dave will love it! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.