UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royce wants 7 figures to fight at UFC 134

6/24/11 6:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Royce Gracie has confirmed that he is looking for at least one million dollars to appear at UFC 134.

Gracie, who won three of the first four UFC tournaments and is one of the fathers of MMA, appeared on Brazilian show Sensei SporTV this week to renew his calls for a spot on the UFC Rio card.

“Dana White knows what I’m worth; he knows what I bring to the table. Yes, my fight purse has seven digits!” he confirmed with a laugh.

read entire article...

6/24/11 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, ok. I do not want to see Royce compete.
6/24/11 6:10 PM
Barry Soetoro Jr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha.
6/24/11 6:11 PM
epwar
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Dana White knows what I’m worth; he knows what I bring to the table

Yes, indeed he does:

6/24/11 6:14 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rolls-royce gracie
6/24/11 6:16 PM
jjj2121

He's not fighting, the main card is full.
6/24/11 6:17 PM
FieryErmine

He was a star 15 years ago.

Robin
6/24/11 6:23 PM
Rookie Fighter

Royce is crazy Phone Post
6/24/11 6:28 PM
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The article cited is from a month ago and it's common knowledge that Royce and especially Rickson have always had seven figure (sometimes said to be high seven figures) quotes based on their fame and legendary status in MMA/BJJ
6/24/11 6:30 PM
StevetheWeasel
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should absolutely get it.

I'm still hoping they can work a rematch with Hughes out for him, as well.
6/24/11 6:30 PM
Rookie Fighter

smoogy -  The article cited is from a month ago and it's common knowledge that Royce and especially Rickson have always had seven figure (sometimes said to be high seven figures) quotes based on their fame and legendary status in MMA/BJJ
Would you pay them that much? I'm being serious Phone Post
6/24/11 6:31 PM
hankhill

LOL! Is he kidding?
6/24/11 6:32 PM
thats g
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think he really wants to fight, so he makes a ludacris demand to make it seem like he does, but he knows dana wont give him that kind of dough.
the ufc doesnt need royce to fill the seats for the first brazil show in forever.
6/24/11 6:33 PM
ranier wolfcastle
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think zuffa will totally ignore him now
6/24/11 6:34 PM
Rookie Fighter

StevetheWeasel - He should absolutely get it.

Do you love Royce? Phone Post
6/24/11 6:35 PM
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rookie Fighter - 
smoogy -  The article cited is from a month ago and it's common knowledge that Royce and especially Rickson have always had seven figure (sometimes said to be high seven figures) quotes based on their fame and legendary status in MMA/BJJ
Would you pay them that much? I'm being serious Phone Post

Nope. Nor would I lower my quote if I was Royce or Rickson. It's simply a situation where the Gracies don't need the UFC and the UFC don't need the Gracies
6/24/11 6:37 PM
molsonmuscle360
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StevetheWeasel - He should absolutely get it.

You really must not like Royce that much. Sure he'd get paid, but to get totally wrecked again. If he fights it needs to be someone like Dustin Hazlett.
6/24/11 6:39 PM
tdotguy

Brock Lesnar's purse is 500k, thats all you need to know. Lesnar at this point, without a doubt, is the biggest PPV draw the UFC has.

Typical of the Gracie family to ask for outrageous purses and demand their spot on a card with a hand picked opponent. I thought the purse that Royler asked for to face Eddie was outrageous but this one takes the cake.
6/24/11 6:43 PM
tdotguy

Dana White does know what Royce brings to the table, that's exactly why hes not on the Rio card.
6/24/11 6:51 PM
croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he wanted to fight one last time to finish his career? Turns out, he just wants a cool million and doesn't give a fuck about the fight.
6/24/11 6:52 PM
blueheron20816
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So let me get this straight; he petitions to get on the card, then demands a higher purse than any other fighter, and this is after getting destroyed in his last UFC showing....hmmmm, think hes just making noise at this point, theres no chance lol
6/24/11 6:53 PM
JerodR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guest commentator maybe...

I have no desire to see him fight again. He deserves respect and was a great fighter for his day. However, those days are long gone and he does not bring enough to the table to get that kind of a big pay day.
6/24/11 6:53 PM
McBottery
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope hes trollin
6/24/11 6:55 PM
Haywood Jablowme

Pat Miletich said Royce made around 1.5 for the Hughes fight and Hughes checked in a bit over a million.
6/24/11 7:01 PM
smoogy

tdotguy - Brock Lesnar's purse is 500k, thats all you need to know. 

Not only is that hilariously wrong, but Royce made more than a million to fight Matt Hughes over five years ago

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.