UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royce wants 7 figures to fight at UFC 134

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/24/11 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FenceGrab
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not?

They paid him 400K to fight Hughes last time.

Inflation.

6/24/11 11:17 PM
SexiestManAlive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fedor gets paid 1.5 million for fighting Hendo and Hendo 850,000, why not Royce? Only problem is UFC ain't paying that much. 500,000 maybe
6/24/11 11:34 PM
omar13

LET HIM FIGHT HIS FAREWELL FIGHT Phone Post
6/25/11 4:44 AM
Winston Wolf
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanted to see Royce on the card but no way for a million he should get paid what he deserves which is a lot less than that He hasnt won in UFC in years
6/25/11 6:00 AM
MikeHunt36
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has Royce been hanging out with Shaq? Phone Post
6/25/11 6:30 AM
crazydave
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He cant pass a piss test.
6/25/11 7:04 AM
RUSRedDevil
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm sick of Royce honestly
6/25/11 7:07 AM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All main event fighters get 7 figures or close (with the PPV bonuses). If Royce is in the main-event he can demand that.

Question is that is he main event material?
6/25/11 8:44 AM
un3rgr0und

fuck that, this aint Strikeforce man, the UFC actually wants to turn a profit and not start paying fighters a million plus every event EACH.

Whats with the Gracie family demanding money recently hah
6/25/11 8:46 AM
tdotguy

Haywood Jablowme -  Pat Miletich said Royce made around 1.5 for the Hughes fight and Hughes checked in a bit over a million.

I stand corrected.
6/25/11 8:46 AM
tdotguy

Edited: 06/25/11 9:35 AM
Double post.
6/25/11 8:47 AM
Dogman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

William Colosimo - 
DamnSevern -  rolls-royce gracie

lol

Royce, as a current fighter, is worth nowhere near that $

That being said- he may be worth it if he can generate the ppv buys and fill seats.

THIS
6/25/11 9:01 AM
Soup and Beer
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/25/11 9:01 AM
Master Bater - i saw this on another interview a year or so back, he has a contract for life, and the contract must always put him a certain % higher than the next highest paid fighter... so even if he never fights, as soon as someone earns big, Royce's fight purse automatically goes up.... a legal contract is a legal contract... no matter how silly it looks now, someone must have thought it was a good deal at some point? maybe they regret that now?? but then again, they dont have to let him fight if they dont want to honour it do they lol
I can see Dana agreeing to this.  DFW was probably 99% sure Hughes would destroy him.  After that the contract would have no meaning.  Royce was only brought back to show how far ahead the current pool of UFC fighters were over the old school ones.  DFW had no intention of ever letting Royce fight more than once.

6/25/11 11:48 AM
soldierdad5417

It's gotta be scary when you were the new cool thing and then it fizzles out. Royce is well aware of what he did for the sport and the money he's made in every other area of his life because of it, but for him to ask for 7 figures to fight on a PPV is ridiculous. The UFC is run like a business, and Royce is no longer a good investment. Seems simple enough.
6/25/11 11:56 AM
JoeHurley
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder where he got the idea that he should challenge current fighters and demand millions when he hasn't fought in years?

I guess it's up to the promoters.
6/25/11 12:33 PM
Truemanc3
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Royce but I would not tune in just to see him fight.... the ufc is stacked now.

The old school vs new school has been done... what else is there to show.... Royce is 45!!!
6/25/11 12:51 PM
Nakedwelshman
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

molsonmuscle360 -
StevetheWeasel - He should absolutely get it.

I'm still hoping they can work a rematch with Hughes out for him, as well.

You really must not like Royce that much. Sure he'd get paid, but to get totally wrecked again. If he fights it needs to be someone like Dustin Hazlett.
THAT I would suck a dick to see!!! Phone Post
6/25/11 1:21 PM
Jack Skellington
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

that's all I can say
6/25/11 1:28 PM
random_muppett
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

“Dana White knows what I’m worth; he knows what I bring to the table

Yes, indeed he does:

I never got why Hughes wasn't dragged off and warned about illegal shots to the back of the head here. Don't get me wrong Royce was tooled BUT those shots are all against the rules. Phone Post
6/25/11 1:50 PM
Slevin Kalevra

man the gracie's are getting to the point where it is hard to defend them....i mean Royler with the adcc money demands and now royce with this shit...he should want to get in there for free after the beating Hughes gave him
6/25/11 7:49 PM
CaptChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for everything you have done for mma Royce. You did kickstart this sport However you are not worth that much now and you never evolved in almost 20 years. You are way past your prime. You can only rely on your past accomplishments for so long...Enough is enough. We all love you sir!
6/25/11 8:06 PM
paluka

I love how the gracies talk about pride for their country and their art and then they do whatever it takes not to compete (especially in their own country).
6/25/11 10:54 PM
whoabro

Dont think he would get licensed- he never paid his fine for getting busted for roids, did he? Phone Post
6/25/11 11:34 PM
Sigitywop bears

StevetheWeasel - He should absolutely get it.

I'm still hoping they can work a rematch with Hughes out for him, as well.
This. I don't understand why ppl wouldn't want to see him fight one last time.. Especially a rematch with Hughes. Besides it's not like Hughes is still the beast he was when he destroyed Royce.. I give Royce pretty much no chance in the rematch but you wont hear me bitching about it if they did make this fight happen Phone Post
6/26/11 12:00 AM
MMAKingdom

I think that Royce will draw a worthy crowd and viewer audience to make it worth it. Royce there GUARANTEES a popular Brazilian reaction and there are plenty of casual fans that would tune in just to see Royce...

I know the die-hards aren't interested for the most part (except me), but I think overall it would be worth it to pay him $1,000,000.

I know...not the most popular answer

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.