UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> RIP Erle Montaigue

6/24/11 10:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know if this has been posted or not yet. Tried checking, but I'm just a mud namer. Erle Montaigue Head of World Taiji Boxing Association passed away January 26th.

Saw all the threads about Wally Jay and thought that it looks like they are coming for all the old Martial Artists this year.

Personally, I enjoyed all of Erle's online books and charts. He wrote some great stuff. His obituary can be found here.

http://taichirenegade.com/taichi/erle-montaigue-what-now/
6/25/11 12:20 PM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Montaigue was the dim mak, coconut smasher guy, right? Geez... I remember seeing him in the magazines when I first got into martial arts. Didn't realize he'd had health problems. RIP.

7/2/11 5:08 AM
shen
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/02/11 5:31 AM

Mastery of his own Chi couldn't even get him to live to 70...???

The guy had like 30 DVDs on "health Chi Gong" alone and died significantly younger than the national average. Not a great advertisement.

Of course, his Chinese detractors are going to say he died young because his chi-gong methods were faulty.

7/3/11 7:12 PM
jrrrrr
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it true that he had diabetes and that he might have been into the health side of qigung to fight it?
8/8/11 11:43 PM
jcblass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunate, he looks fairly healthy in many of those recent photos of him.
12/15/11 1:24 AM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missing Glove Tape - Montaigue was the dim mak, coconut smasher guy, right? Geez... I remember seeing him in the magazines when I first got into martial arts. Didn't realize he'd had health problems. RIP.

Erle Montaigue only smashed coconuts to demonstrate how it was a trick used by Scam Artists within the Martial Arts community to sell their books and videos.

He also did demonstrations where he would smack the open end of a pop bottle and break the end off and he stuck needles through his arm with no blood. Again he only did these demonstrations to show how they were tricks that anyone could do.

Erle's biggest contribution to the Martial Arts community were his books on Tai Chi and it's use in Self Defense. He wrote some excellent books on this subject most if not all of which can be found free online and they are extensive. He also wrote many detailed books on the vital points. I still use the charts I downloaded off of his website over 10 years ago!

One of my favorite videos of his can be found on YouTube. Where he demonstrates Fa Jing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEdvJvza1Yc

I contribute his early death to his hippie lifestyle. In his obituary he can be seen smoking from a huge bong or was that some sort of musical instrument...?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.