UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Oliveira vs. Lentz= No Contest.....Source!!!!!

6/27/11 2:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Audiophile26
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nik wins Fight Of The Night Bonus, and the fight was ruled a No Contest due to the illegal knee. Back home then up to watch my sons soccer games in Duluth tomorrow. Then back to the Academy solid til mid July. Volkmann next for UFC in August.

Looks like they ruled it A N/C per Greg nelson's Facebook.

6/27/11 3:14 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's the right thing to do since that knee was the start of the end for lentz. lol he's still undefeated in the UFC as well now.
6/27/11 3:22 AM
mexican jujitsu
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoL @ that knee being the start of the end. i'd say the first round was the start of the end. rematch is the only true justice.
6/27/11 3:28 AM
Audiophile26
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed mex but I don't think Lentz wants any part of a rematch IMO
6/27/11 3:53 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mexican jujitsu - LoL @ that knee being the start of the end. i'd say the first round was the start of the end. rematch is the only true justice.

yeah he took a beating in the 1st but once that illegal knee hit him, you could see him start to fold fast and charles jumped all over him. he had a pretty mean gash on his forehead from that knee as well. he was going to lose that fight, i doubt lentz wants to face oliveira again.
6/27/11 4:17 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rematch is not needed... we already know who won the fight and pretty much who was going to win the fight.

The illegal knee was unfortunate so a no contest is justified. Let's move on now.

6/27/11 6:27 AM
Gu31232

Oliveira messed him up good... Lentz is gonna need a while to recover from that gash on his cheek, and Oliveira may be able to get right back in there, so while a rematch may be in order down the road, I don't think an immediate rematch is in the cards. Phone Post
6/27/11 6:56 AM
BrunoMcGyver
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta admit I had Lentz doing his ol lay n pray for this fight, but damn I was wrong. Oliveira really is no joke. Very bright future ahead of him.
6/27/11 8:16 AM
frontrowbrian

I don't know what fight you guys watched but C.O. won a competitive first round and then the second the illegal knee the referee decided to ignore. A rematch is definitely needed. LOL at pretending CO was dominating Lentz. He won the first round. Congrats. It's was competitive though
6/27/11 8:23 AM
jjj2121

frontrowbrian -  I don't know what fight you guys watched but C.O. won a competitive first round and then the second the illegal knee the referee decided to ignore. A rematch is definitely needed. LOL at pretending CO was dominating Lentz. He won the first round. Congrats. It's was competitive though

Seriously, everyone is acting like it was some foregone conclusion that do Bronx was gonna win?  The closest thing to a finish before the illegal knee was Lentz's guillotine.
6/27/11 8:43 AM
mexican jujitsu
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^^^^^^LuLz at u 2 tards. charles outclassed lentz. he won he 1st and was winning the 2nd. charles' closed guard anaconda was the closer to finishing than that guillotine. charles wins this fight 10/10 times.
6/27/11 8:44 AM
mexican jujitsu

and that 1st round wasn't near even. lentz couldn't keep up with charles pace.
6/27/11 8:46 AM
jjj2121

mexican jujitsu - ^^^^^^^^^^LuLz at u 2 tards. charles outclassed lentz. he won he 1st and was winning the 2nd. charles' closed guard anaconda was the closer to finishing than that guillotine. charles wins this fight 10/10 times.

Yeah he was winning by miles, that fully locked up guillotine that had Oliveira flipping for his life must have been a figment of my imagination.

Maybe next time Oliveira can win clean, because yesterday he couldn't.
6/27/11 8:46 AM
sacredhate
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pity....charles was on his way to victory in spectacular fashion. in a way the ref saved lentz.
6/27/11 8:52 AM
mexican jujitsu

jjj2121 - 
mexican jujitsu - ^^^^^^^^^^LuLz at u 2 tards. charles outclassed lentz. he won he 1st and was winning the 2nd. charles' closed guard anaconda was the closer to finishing than that guillotine. charles wins this fight 10/10 times.

Yeah he was winning by miles, that fully locked up guillotine that had Oliveira flipping for his life must have been a figment of my imagination.

Maybe next time Oliveira can win clean, because yesterday he couldn't.

i don't have a shilling to cross your bridge, can i get a troll pass and pay you later
6/27/11 8:54 AM
jjj2121

Pretending that the fight was a one sided blowout is trolling.  Oliveira was winning, but it wasn't a blowout.
6/27/11 8:59 AM
mexican jujitsu

Lentz was never winning the fight. charles set the pace and did the most damage. Lentz never had the angle for a choke, he was stalling. the knee was unfortunate but a heat of the moment accident. maybe not a blowout but charles definitively won the 1st and was winning the 2nd.
6/27/11 9:08 AM
Fly Rodder
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lentz's guillotine was from half-guard ... he's not choking Charles out from there.

Oliveira is a force. He was teeing off at will and taking the fight where ever Lentz would go. Lentz was a solid opponent, but Charles was winning that fight.

Dude's only loss is to a top-3 LW and he's 22. He's going to be going for gold in the next year or so.
6/27/11 9:09 AM
frontrowbrian

Fly Rodder - Lentz's guillotine was from half-guard ... he's not choking Charles out from there.

Oliveira is a force. He was teeing off at will and taking the fight where ever Lentz would go. Lentz was a solid opponent, but Charles was winning that fight.

Dude's only loss is to a top-3 LW and he's 22. He's going to be going for gold in the next year or so.

too bad he had to resort to cheating against Lentz though
6/27/11 9:12 AM
mexican jujitsu

do you ever stop trolling. he didn't resort to anything. he thought Lentz was getting up and threw it in the heat of the moment. they will make it a NC, and charles will be on to fighting better competition.
6/27/11 9:14 AM
sacredhate
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frontrowbrian - 
Fly Rodder - Lentz's guillotine was from half-guard ... he's not choking Charles out from there.

<b>
Dude's only loss is to a top-3 LW and he's 22. He's going to be going for gold in the next year or so.</b>

too bad he had to resort to cheating against Lentz though

he didn't resort to cheating. he struck an illegal blow...it cost him more in the long run than it did lentz.

I wish the ref had caught it. Lentz would have had time to recover and then been beaten.
6/27/11 9:35 AM
epwar
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/11 9:35 AM
LOL @ the folks saying Lentz was finished before the illegal knee.  Didn't the main event (or Russow/Duffee) teach you anything?  Nothing is over until it is over. 
6/27/11 10:47 AM
K-Dub-"T"

Yeah I think what they do is have a hearing first. Premature to state that imo.

Does anyone remember when they go to the score cards? Is it if the fight ends in the 2nd or 3rd?
(I know this doesn't apply in this case because the ruling was made already, but in the case of a ref stop NC when do they go to the cards? They may have been able to last night if it was 2nd round.)
6/27/11 11:00 AM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knees to the head of a grounded opponent should be legal here like they are everywhere else in the world

problem solved
6/27/11 11:03 AM
RoidsGracie

While each fighter both had a gullotine choke attempt in the first rd, people seem to also forget that Charles dropped Lentz in the first. Even with the knockdown, he was still owning him the stand up - loved those knees from the plum.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.