UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Statement Regarding "Spaniard" UFC Victory

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/27/11 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AMA Fight Club
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/11 7:03 PM

Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman performed like we all knew that he could & now showed the world that there is a new force in the UFC’s Welterweight Division.

After a turbulent week of will he or won’t he fight, “Spaniard” got the call an hour before weigh ins that he would be the Co-Main event in place of Nate Marquardt to face Rick Story who won his last 6 UFC fights including a dominant performance over Thiago “Pitbull” Alves.

We put together a quick gameplan and drilled what I thought would work against Story. Charlie performed to perfection exactly what we drilled and a couple things happened throughout the fight that we were very prepared for.

Charlie used dominate wrestling and top control to secure the Unanimous Decision Victory and I also commend Rick Story for taking the fight on short notice. We both prepared for different opponents and both fighters showed what true heart & competitive spirit is about.

Like ALL AMA Fight CLub Fighters, Charlie proved we will always be willing, ready & able to step up when the UFC calls upon us.

Congratulations “Spaniard” We are all VERY proud of you! 

Mike Constantino
www.AMAFIGHTCLUB.com

6/27/11 7:04 PM
The Swinging Richard
718 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect.
6/27/11 7:05 PM
likatiga
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Way to step up "Spainard", congrats.
6/27/11 7:06 PM
Gondul
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To those that think the fight was boring? Charlie did what he had to do to win. END of story. Phone Post
6/27/11 7:07 PM
hankhill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he from Spain?
6/27/11 7:12 PM
prometheusX

Edited: 06/27/11 7:11 PM
"The Spaniard" was from Gladiator, he is definitely more "Hector" from Troy. :)
6/27/11 7:14 PM
brahmabull81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Charlie beat Story at essentially his own game so no haters should be riding this horse. Charlie did great and someone should put up that vid of him and ariel from before he knew about Marquardt dropped out and youll see how much he wanted to fight this weekend and how cool this is for him.
6/27/11 7:16 PM
Michael Piekarski
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Charlie is a warrior
6/27/11 7:18 PM
AMA Fight Club
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hankhill - Is he from Spain?

No, he got the nickname from his students when he began fighting...Charlie was a Spanish teacher.
6/27/11 7:24 PM
Nanook
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/11 8:53 PM
Haters amaze me.

Here's a guy who as of Saturday morning basically had put in a full camp for a fight that due to circumstances beyond anyone's control fell through.

As of Saturday morning, he was told "make weight and you'll get your pay." Brenneman could have rested on his laurels, shown up to the weigh ins, took his purse and enjoyed the fights like the rest of us. Instead, an hour before the weigh ins, he's told he's needed to fight a guy who had been on an absolute roll, and just came off a victory over a top 7 welterweight, Thiago Alves.

Instead of weaseling, he took the fight. Was it the most exciting fight in the world? You have the right of opinion to say no, however you gotta respect his heart for being a fighter to the truest sense, and forming a gameplan that worked.
6/27/11 7:29 PM
Nanook
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hankhill - Is he from Spain?

I grew up in the Altoona area and I've often called the Altoona-Hollidaysburg area a foreign country but it's not.
6/27/11 7:36 PM
mma shill
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome back and forth technical fight, any who disagree should watch kickboxing only, mad props to the spaniard, I've been a fan since the Hendricks fight despite the loss, his tenacity, wrestling, and scrambling ability are fun to watch, it would be nice for him to get a finish though Phone Post
6/27/11 7:40 PM
Neil Funk

I didn't think he was that boring

I'd rather watch a good technical wrestling match than the gentle cuddlefucking of a Jon Fitch for instance
orcus

"Charlie used dominate wrestling"

dominant
kingbisping

That hugging match sucked balls he did know punches were allowed right? Phone Post
DamnSevern
1213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CTHULU - I'm glad Rick Story got pwned.

wut?
6/27/11 7:47 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nanook - Haters amaze me.

Here's a guy who as of Saturday morning basically had put in a full camp for a fight that circumstances beyond anyone's control fell through.

As of Saturday morning, he was told "make weight and you'll get your pay." Brenneman could have rested on his laurels, shown up to the weigh ins, took his purse and enjoyed the fights like the rest of us. Instead, an hour before the weigh ins, he's told he's needed to fight a guy who had been on an absolute roll, and just came off a victory over a top 7 welterweight, Thiago Alves.

Instead of weaseling, he took the fight. Was it the most exciting fight in the world? You have the right of opinion to say no, however you gotta respect his heart for being a fighter to the truest sense, and forming a gameplan that worked.

This. Voted up, sir!
6/27/11 7:48 PM
TUFkiller

How much does Charlie weigh? Must not be too much over 170 if he cut on one hours notice Phone Post
6/27/11 7:55 PM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/27/11 8:09 PM
The Swinging Richard
718 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bat21 - 
Nanook - Haters amaze me.

Here's a guy who as of Saturday morning basically had put in a full camp for a fight that circumstances beyond anyone's control fell through.

This. Voted up, sir!

6/27/11 8:17 PM
quickfix
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great fight and a tremendous performance by your boy. Dude went in there and handled his business as a serious underdog. Great job.
6/27/11 8:39 PM
NCAA92
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exciting Fight=Kongo vs. Berry
Awesome strategic fight= Brenneman vs. Story
6/27/11 8:54 PM
Formulate Infinity

Brenneman was fresh off of a training camp, prepared for a fight. Story was, not so fresh, off a 3 round fight with Thiago Alves 3 weeks prior. Alves is a top 10 ww as the OP pointed out. Both men had exactly the same amount of time to "prepare" for each other. Brenneman put on a good performance, and I enjoyed the fight, but I don't get why everyone is giving him extra credit for "stepping up" and "one day notice". If anything, I think Brenneman had the physical advantage going into the fight.

Good fight though AMA and Brenneman.
6/27/11 9:02 PM
Kirik
2457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 ttt
6/27/11 9:04 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was an awesome fight. Haters gonna hate and bitches gonna bitch. If you didn't like the fight then GTFO. Shoulda been FOTN imo.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.