UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Warts and all...

6/29/11 5:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am happy with this clip. It's from a while back. I have soooo many others and, feedback not withstanding, this one is my fav for purely emotional reasons... It's not "perfect" by any stretch. It's just really what happened during training and whatnot. I also feel that it gives a good picture of my approach. Not as much ground work in the clip as I would have liked BUT that's just how this one came out...
7/4/11 7:26 AM
BigSifu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your "Death to the Status Quo" essay was a big influence on me. It's weird,so many ex-PFSers have gone in different directions,but when I get together with my old instructor he's still doing his early 90's PFS routine...
7/4/11 9:29 AM
lloydmtz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still do my later 90's PFS routine. Wonder if there's a difference?
7/4/11 11:53 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigSifu -  Your "Death to the Status Quo" essay was a big influence on me. It's weird,so many ex-PFSers have gone in different directions,but when I get together with my old instructor he's still doing his early 90's PFS routine...

I'm glad you liked that one.

I would offer that "routine" is the problem with anything. If you have one routine at the gym you will plateau. As far as performance is concerned - mixing it up is important. Not gratuitously (just for the sake of being bored). But to continue to develop.
7/14/11 4:20 PM
Nasz

I think its crap
7/14/11 4:20 PM
Nasz

I think its crap
7/14/11 8:04 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demi appreciates your well thought out constructive criticism Phone Post
7/15/11 11:28 AM
Demitrius Barbito

Adam beat me to it...

Thanks Nasz for taking the time to watch and comment.
7/16/11 5:13 PM
Nasz

Edited: 07/16/11 5:44 PM
tsja
7/16/11 5:19 PM
Nasz

When im here, I must have time...

That video is crap, the technique is bad and dont think that will get you somewhere..

Im just saying how it is..

Peace!
7/16/11 6:32 PM
Demitrius Barbito

"""the technique is bad and dont think that will get you somewhere"""

I hear what you are saying (I think). And your opinion is valid, as are all opinions.

However:

*For the past 11 years I've had private clients and private security firms, law enforcement and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Customs flying in to train with me.

*I've sold instructional DVD's that "I" produced and other DVDs made by different companies during the same time.

So... I guess what I'm saying is "it got someone, besides me, somewhere" for over ten years...

Sorry if I hurt your feelings tho...
7/17/11 6:34 PM
Nasz

Demitrius Barbito -  """<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; font-size: small; ">the technique is bad and dont think that will get you somewhere"""

I hear what you are saying (I think). And your opinion is valid, as are all opinions.

However:

*For the past 11 years I've had private clients and private security firms, law enforcement and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Customs flying in to train with me.

*I've sold instructional DVD's that "I" produced and other DVDs made by different companies during the same time.

So... I guess what I'm saying is "it got someone, besides me, somewhere" for over ten years...

Sorry if I hurt your feelings tho...<br type="_moz" /></span>

I dont know you as a person and what you do in your private life you should do. More power to you.

But when you present a video like this on a forum. Yes i have an opinion and yes Im free to give, like you are free to answer it and no you dont hurt my feelings.

Again what you do in your private life means nothing to me. Saying that you teach law enformcement in the US ect. says nothing to me. I only judge what I see in this video and when I say it will not get you anywhere I mean it as in a fight and not you on how to make money selling dvds..

What I see in this video and I judge this as a trainer, a coach and as a fighter.
First of all the basics are bad. The stances, the boxing, the movements, the power, mobility, footwork, defence, attacks, counters,reactions, mixing ups, groundgame, clinches, dirtyness. Not one thing looks good.

Everybody can tell you if you headbutt or kick somebody in the ball it would be a great thing to defend yourself. But still its not as easy as you want it to be. And certainly as how this looks like in this video.

Like Bruce said. If you wanna learn how to swim, you should get in the water..

What Ive see you would be drowned in a pool for toddlers
7/18/11 10:55 AM
Demitrius Barbito

I'm sorry it did not meet your needs.

AND... In my private life I play guitar and watch movies.
7/19/11 1:34 PM
lloydmtz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a couple of your videos and enjoy them very much.

The comment "What Ive see you would drowned in a pool for toddlers" was too funny - even for this forum.
7/19/11 8:37 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Edited: 07/19/11 8:37 PM
 Thanks Lloyd. I remember you from way back on this forum... 

I really am OK with that clip. Good, bad or otherwise, it represents what I've done over the past 11 years. I have many other clips BUT this one is MY personal fav...

Cheers.
7/23/11 7:20 AM
Majic Sam
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demi,it looks just fine.I see an Inosanto/Vunakian influence,which is a great method,and fairly easy(?) to get across to students who want a stripped down course in the crash and burn.

Forward pressure is where it is at.
7/28/11 3:13 AM
jkd4200

BigSifu -  Your "Death to the Status Quo" essay was a big influence on me. It's weird,so many ex-PFSers have gone in different directions,but when I get together with my old instructor he's still doing his early 90's PFS routine...

Too many of you start to believe your own ego...

And just as many of you have stolen the info from Vunak, then think you can put your own twist to it and "make it your own".

You ALL know who you are... and you ALL know what you are doing.

It's just like the douchebags that have been training Gracie Jiu Jitsu but now they want to be different and say they are doing Catch Wrestling.

Get over yourself.

Paul said it best: "It just looks like these guys have thrown out self perfection". And he is correct.

Demi, your mechanics look like an Apprentice :)
7/28/11 3:15 AM
jkd4200

The other one I love is when you dorks put on a pair of "camo pants" and now call it "Counter Terrorism".

at least you make me smile!
7/28/11 3:02 PM
Demitrius Barbito

""" Demi, your mechanics look like an Apprentice :)"""

I'm an apprentice at life in general...
8/9/11 1:15 AM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm curious about the clip....is that training more of the self defense style, or what you teach to LEO's as well?

i'm currently torn about my training, as i'm a police officer (full time) and solider (part time), and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there that applies to what i do. granted, grappling takedwons are prolly the easiest, but i saw you throw a lot of punches to the face, which sucks for me since i gotta take the fella to the hospital after i stomp him. however, i think from a self defense perspective that "blitz" is great....
8/9/11 1:47 AM
Majic Sam
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punching face is bad news for musicians.
8/9/11 10:50 AM
Demitrius Barbito

BshMstr - i'm curious about the clip....is that training more of the self defense style, or what you teach to LEO's as well?

i'm currently torn about my training, as i'm a police officer (full time) and solider (part time), and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there that applies to what i do. granted, grappling takedwons are prolly the easiest, but i saw you throw a lot of punches to the face, which sucks for me since i gotta take the fella to the hospital after i stomp him. however, i think from a self defense perspective that "blitz" is great....
As far as law enforcement I almost exclusively have worked with Feds over the years. Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol - Basically the Homeland Security umbrella.

I have done work with Adult Probation and an Adult Gang Unit in Ca BUT as you say this training doesn't apply "policy wise" to most departments. 

I can't even count how many law enforcement agencies have ordered my OC Spray Training DVD over the years tho...

8/9/11 12:18 PM
BshMstr

Demitrius Barbito - 
BshMstr - i'm curious about the clip....is that training more of the self defense style, or what you teach to LEO's as well?

As far as law enforcement I almost exclusively have worked with Feds over the years. Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol - Basically the Homeland Security umbrella.

I have done work with Adult Probation and an Adult Gang Unit in Ca BUT as you say this training doesn't apply "policy wise" to most departments. 

I can't even count how many law enforcement agencies have ordered my OC Spray Training DVD over the years tho...

cool, thanks for the clarification!
8/11/11 1:14 PM
Nasz

Edited: 08/11/11 1:17 PM
:
8/11/11 4:05 PM
Trasher66
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is some weak shit. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.