UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Randy Orton rips Kelly Kelly and The Rock

6/30/11 2:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton participated in an interview with Phoenix, Arizona based rock station 98KUPD promoting this week’s SmackDown tapings. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

* Orton discussed his past issues with drug abuse, including an incident in 2006 where he overdosed, stopped breathing and his wife called an ambulance to save his life. Orton said he and his family discuss the bad choices he’s made in WWE’s upcoming DVD release, Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator

* Orton was broached on the subject of not being able to say he’s a wrestler, but rather, a “WWE Superstar.” Orton added, “Honestly, a lot of things we’ve talked about thus far in this interview, they’d be upset with. I’m not like, ‘eff it,’ but I try to be real.”

* Orton shared a story of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson trying to get him in trouble prior to WrestleMania. Orton said he gave his opinion on The Rock during an interview with ESPN—that he wasn’t buying his return speech about returning to WWE and never leaving again. Orton said Johnson called management and claimed the WWE Superstar slammed him and Triple H in the interview. Orton feels Rock mentioned Triple H to grab their attention even though he didn’t criticize “The Game” in the interview.

Orton said he had “got in trouble” and “made Vince mad” for his statements. He feels the interview was “blown out of proportion” and that Johnson should have confronted him over his remarks, rather than complaining to Vince McMahon and management.

* Orton said Cena is “light years” ahead of everyone in WWE on the microphone, including The Rock. Orton then criticized Cena’s wrestling ability by laughing at his in-ring style.

“When I watch him, I feel he’s a little stiff, hard to move, robotic. It certainly hasn’t hurt him. I’m much better than John Cena, but on the mic, he’s light-years ahead of all of us, including The Rock,” Orton said.

– Orton knocked the actresses who have portrayed his wife on television.

“Both those women were actresses. Not even actresses. They were like models who couldn’t act; it was awful. (hosts laughed) It actually ruined both segments because they couldn’t act,” Orton said.

– Orton brought up Chris Jericho, who said he is missed as a locker room leader. When asked about Downfall on ABC, Orton said he doesn’t think Jericho received permission from WWE to host the game show. He said there was some conflict over the matter, but Jericho is the type to approach Vince McMahon.

“Jericho is type of the guy to go in Vince’s office and tell him this is what he’s doing and tough,” Orton said. “A lot of newer, younger guys are intimidated by Vince. They’re scared to knock on his door. Jericho—I miss him being around—would go tell McMahon what’s going on.”

– Spured on by the hosts, Orton levied some unflattering remarks towards WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly after saying he worked a brief romance storyline with her a few years ago.

“I would be a method actor, and actually sleep with her,” joked host John Holmberg.

“I could name a few method actors in WWE,” Orton replied. “Like, ten guys.”

The hosts tried to pry names from Orton, who tried to deflect from the topic by joking that it’s all the big guys on the roster. Orton and the hosts continued to joke about who Kelly has or hasn’t slept with throughout the show.

– Several other minor topics were discussed including his baby oil look, whether he’s defecated in the ring, wishing there were more wrestlers like Sheamus, and Mark Henry being difficult to work with.

I'm trying to find a link for the interview as we speak. Will post when I find it.
6/30/11 7:02 AM
WaltJ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, he's gonna catch some shit for that one.

But who gives a fuck.....it's the best interview I've read from one of their people in a long time.

WWE recently has been showing some huge glimpses of potential with their product.

Thanks for posting.
6/30/11 8:52 AM
PTSandman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Test
Batista
Chris Jericho
Mike Knox
CM Punk

anyone else want to fill in the rest?
6/30/11 9:06 AM
BigWilliam
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he's a little jealous of the Rock.
6/30/11 10:20 AM
Moneyweight
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the Rock would be the first to admit ( OFF CAMERA ) that he wouldn't be back full time...even part time for that matter.

I think the WWE and the majority of the locker room knew heading into WM, He was simply trying to help advertise and get buy rates up.

Orton was correct in his statements, and Rock probably felt his reputation was going to suffer with Orton breaking kayfabe in a way.

Both are right.. but no reason to go to Vince about it.
6/30/11 11:09 AM
The Destroyer88

Agree with him on everything except for Cena being the best on the mic. Rock is so far and beyond better than Cena. As is CM Punk when given the chance....such as last Monday.
6/30/11 11:58 AM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTSandman - Test
Batista
Chris Jericho
Mike Knox
CM Punk

anyone else want to fill in the rest?

Fucking Mike Knox? WTF? Did'nt he bang Morrison's old lady too? Dude is one seriously ugly human being. Unfuckingreal.
6/30/11 1:25 PM
TtoMyJ14
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Orton agrees with Punk that the Rock kisses Vince's ass.
6/30/11 1:47 PM
PTSandman

Forgot to add Drew McIntyre to the list.
6/30/11 3:09 PM
RKing85
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Knox? Really?

Well on one hand, that gives me hope. Even an ugly dude like me has a chance with Kelly Kelly.

On the other hand, do I really want Mike Knox's sloppy seconds?
6/30/11 3:26 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/orton-on-heat-w-rock-who-can-wrestle-who-cant-more-132091

Click the link for the interview.

Apparently, Dolph Ziggler is one of the ten she's shacked up with.
6/30/11 5:36 PM
ArtWanderlei

what a dick.  Cena always speaks so highly of him too.  Thought he learned his lessson, but I guess not.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif
6/30/11 5:46 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welp....it looks like the belt is going back to christian. Lol Phone Post
6/30/11 5:54 PM
ArtWanderlei

Radio Raheem -  Welp....it looks like the belt is going back to christian. Lol Phone Post

Yup, for 3 days and then over to Del Rio or someone.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif
6/30/11 8:01 PM
RUSRedDevil
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Dolph Zigler is the man!
7/1/11 12:33 AM
The Lorax
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orton is delusional if he thinks anyone is better than the Rock on the mic. Cena has his moments on the mic for sure, and CM Punk blew the IWC away last Monday, but even still, the Rock is far beyond anyone on the mic. Sounds like he hasn't been a popular guy in the locker room since he's been back.

Also for the record, Orton apologized on twitter to Kelly Kelly, still a douche though, but, a good in ring performer.
7/1/11 9:25 AM
Wiggy
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know that I agree with Orton that Cena is the best on the mic, but don't underrate him - Cena is *very* good. His PG-rated, targeting the kids, silly name calling and fart jokes type promos he's been made to do for years suck major ass, but I don't think anybody could make that stuff any good. But when Cena does his thuganomics stuff, it's pretty good. He ripped Rock pretty hard leading up to WM - the "I Bring It via Satellite" was pretty damn good.
7/1/11 7:18 PM
GingerWhinger
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena probably is the best guy on the mic and he's clever when he goes off script. The Rock was good off script, then became a lazy catch phrase spouter. Flair killed it on the mic for 35 years
7/2/11 10:43 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena is the best they've had on the mic since The Rock (with CM Punk being a distant second, if you don't count the in-and-out Jericho)...and Cena is definitely underrated. But to say he's better than The Rock...that's a stretch.
7/2/11 12:56 PM
dangerboy12
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena is best off the cuff.

Rock has a better voice and has catch phrases that put the audience in the palm of his hands

2 different styles. Cena's is much more difficult, Rock's is much more effective.
7/2/11 1:16 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena just appears to be "Rock-Lite".
7/2/11 2:21 PM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena>Rock

The Dr. Of Thuganomics gimmick was awesome...
7/2/11 2:33 PM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsieur Candie - No longer a fan of Tom "Cena Lover" Lawlor!

Word Life, Monsieur Candie Ass.
7/3/11 8:31 AM
sweet n sassy
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsieur Candie -
Tom Lawlor - 
Monsieur Candie - No longer a fan of Tom "Cena Lover" Lawlor!

Word Life, Monsieur Candie Ass.

What's your UFC record?
Better than yours I'm sure Phone Post
7/3/11 9:31 AM
RUSRedDevil
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toms record is fine...

He had his darkmatch debut against a tough/popular Kyle Kingsburry where he got the surprising over/win for many in the crowd didn't expect the smarks thought it would happen.

Followed up by his big push at ufc 100 with the impressive entrance/promo and win over CB Dalloway (top heal in the company)

He then dropped a bout to CB's team mate Aaron Simpson (another soon to be top heal after last night). followed by having to put a canadian over in canada even though he dominated the start of the fight.

Recently, his push is back going over a former main eventer, setting up his next big run.

By wwe standards. I'd rate that US champion, Dolph Zigler status, not quite main eventing yet... but def a guy to look out for...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.