UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

8/31/13 6:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo
Josh
Guida
Rothwell Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:14 AM
Dublin_Huntington
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Bendo
Josh
Guida
Rothwell Phone Post 3.0
Crazy shout for Guida?? Phone Post
9/8/13 5:05 PM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS is +200. Double your money

Haye is -350 over Fury. Haye can't lose if it's a legit fight. Bet Haye and the under
9/12/13 4:24 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have a clue what the frankie/bj 3 odds will be? If there's value on frankie I'm betting big. I think people make too much of bj s conditioning and not enough of his technical failings
Don Lupo this might be a ginzo bet that actually pays off bro Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:51 AM
Bobby Lupo

burner22 - Anyone have a clue what the frankie/bj 3 odds will be? If there's value on frankie I'm betting big. I think people make too much of bj s conditioning and not enough of his technical failings

Frankie can't lose to an older and slower BJ. It's not a matter of conditioning, the gulf in speed and strategy between the two is a mile wide.
9/17/13 5:44 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Healy looks a little undervalued against khabib this week, plus 1.73 seems a bit off considering pat should be better on the ground, and has a solid experience advantage.
Then again khabib should be a lot quicker on the feet so I dunno... I'm not seeing much value otherwise on that card tho, anyone else? Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 4:53 PM
burner22

Bobby Lupo -
burner22 - Anyone have a clue what the frankie/bj 3 odds will be? If there's value on frankie I'm betting big. I think people make too much of bj s conditioning and not enough of his technical failings

Frankie can't lose to an older and slower BJ. It's not a matter of conditioning, the gulf in speed and strategy between the two is a mile wide.
Apparently bj is now training at nova uniao. This gives me a little pause for thought. So many killers at that gym, might actually force baby jay to add a couple things to his arsenal? Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 5:40 PM
Bobby Lupo

I don't care if BJ is doing nothing but lifting rocks underwater and went to Spam rehab. he ain't beating Frankie Edgar
9/19/13 12:10 AM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC166?

I like small plays on:
Gusta by KO
Jones by dec

Moderate on:
Mitrione
Jones vs. Gustaffson fight starts round 2

Not a whole lot of value on the card IMO. The o2.5 at +125 (which it opened at) was stellar value but it's down to like -120 now
9/19/13 12:12 AM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 12:12 AM
!! Paddypower has Jones/Gusta o2.5 at +100. Good value
9/19/13 12:16 AM
raags

I also like small plays on Wineland by dec. (its like at +1000) and the o2.5 on Barao/Wineland (at like -120)
9/19/13 12:23 AM
raags

What do you think Jones' gameplan will be? Outstrike Gustaffson at range? Look to counter Gustaffson's rushing flurries? Wear him down at range with strikes to the body / legs and then look for TDs in rounds 2/3/4/5? Will he be looking for GnP or subs from top position?

Gustaffson has tough skin and an amazing chin, I really can't see Jones (T)KOing him. I think Gustaffson's size will pose problems for Jones' offense from the bottom, and make it more difficult for Jones to TD from the clinch. I still think Jones will get TDs and inflict damage from the top... but for once, Jones is actually fighting a legitimate 'LHW' sized guy. The only other guy I'd say who he has fought that is close to elite level AND has size was Rampage, and Jones had a tough time taking him down.

I still think Jones wins this matchup the vast majority of the time but I think it'll be trickier than most people expect.
9/19/13 12:39 AM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoever said putting small plays on Gus by TKO/KO and Jones by Decision is a smart man.

9/19/13 6:36 AM
burner22

raags - What do you think Jones' gameplan will be? Outstrike Gustaffson at range? Look to counter Gustaffson's rushing flurries? Wear him down at range with strikes to the body / legs and then look for TDs in rounds 2/3/4/5? Will he be looking for GnP or subs from top position?

Gustaffson has tough skin and an amazing chin, I really can't see Jones (T)KOing him. I think Gustaffson's size will pose problems for Jones' offense from the bottom, and make it more difficult for Jones to TD from the clinch. I still think Jones will get TDs and inflict damage from the top... but for once, Jones is actually fighting a legitimate 'LHW' sized guy. The only other guy I'd say who he has fought that is close to elite level AND has size was Rampage, and Jones had a tough time taking him down.

I still think Jones wins this matchup the vast majority of the time but I think it'll be trickier than most people expect.
I'm thinking jones will look to stay on the outside and work the oblique kick and a few high kicks, then when he gets a chance, takedown and submit. Gus has the size, but it's kinda mitigated by the fact he usually prefers to use his hands.

I think that will allow bones to stay out of range, work his kicks to stay ahead, then look to time one of gus's flurries and get the td. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:15 AM
Lazer MMA

JBJ will lure Gus in (he wants to come in anyway), get the TD with his VASTLY superior wrestling and finish his man via hellbow (I'd guess hellbow). -1800 looks more realistic; however, after seeing JBJ's toe after the Sonnen fight and knowing I almost lost that pile of cash, I'm not laying -900 here!
9/19/13 8:38 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Healy plus 195.... Lock it up! Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:08 AM
Woodford Mike
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5dimes has Healy 205

What do you guys think of Jones by submission 175? I tend to think Jones will will be looking to take him down (which he should be able to do) as opposed to try and trade with him. Seems like a decent play to me. Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:38 PM
raags

You can get Jones by sub. or points around -150 and I think that's the best line for betting Jones
9/20/13 4:39 PM
Bobby Lupo

fishyfish - 

so Bobby, you wagering on the Bellator card ?

just on Saunders.

Saving my plays for Healy, Mitrione and Jones by sub and maybe some other JBJ props
9/22/13 9:37 AM
Lazer MMA

Bobby Lupo - 
fishyfish - 

so Bobby, you wagering on the Bellator card ?

just on Saunders.

Saving my plays for Healy, Mitrione and Jones by sub and maybe some other JBJ props

Well at least I saw no thread on Healy that you wrote LOL! Never doubted my fighter won with him & JBJ in a long tick through nov
9/22/13 10:28 AM
Bobby Lupo

Just bet against the guy I bet on. Another fucking disaster.
9/22/13 8:15 PM
Bobby Lupo

I really thought that Healy was going to grind that out in an ugly way. I slept of Khabib. Kid is legit, legit
10/5/13 9:52 AM
Bobby Lupo

Bet Wlad and the over. I'm in for 5 units on each. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 5:40 PM
Bobby Lupo

Nice score on Wlad Clinchko
10/6/13 10:04 AM
Bobby Lupo

It's a good thing when everybody in boxing does what they're supposed to do. Cotto and Wlad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.