UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

10/12/11 3:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kylekanada
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp is -500 now compared to like -365 when it was vs Diaz? Ugh.
10/13/11 8:56 AM
Team GDP
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liking mitrione, cerrone and vera. possible bets on diaz and maybe jorgenson
10/13/11 9:01 AM
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They gave Vera the one fight he could win in the division. It's make or break and he'll win it. Cowboy is making a run, he's got this. Mitrione is a better athlete than Kongo, but Kongo is the better striker, wrestler, has better cardio, but is significantly slower. I like Kongo in this one, but I'd like to like Mitrione.
10/13/11 9:03 AM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Kongo has looked like complete shit for quite a while now.  Mitrione is going to style on him.  Agreed on Vera/Marshall, probably using Vera in some parlays.
10/13/11 9:26 AM
Team GDP
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^i see the sn bet ended. you should have changed your name to "trip j"

what do you guys think of jorgenson. my play on him will depend on the odds.
10/13/11 9:30 AM
jjj2121

J to the third power IMO.

I like Jorgenson over Curran, but I've got to see just how much juice I'd be laying before giving a solid opinion.
10/13/11 9:43 AM
Team GDP

j-cubed lol.

i don't know, obviously it is a risky bet but im thinking of laying a small amount on roop. hioki should win, but japanese fighters debuting in the ufc seem to do terrible.
10/13/11 9:45 AM
jjj2121

I think Hioki is the exception to the Japanese fighter problem, I think his game translates over here in this scoring system and the cage.  So excited to see his debut...long time coming.
10/13/11 9:48 AM
Team GDP

^fair enough, will probably stay away unless odds get ridiculous. and you lucky fucker getting to go to ufc 137.
10/13/11 9:50 AM
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/13/11 9:50 AM
Team GDP - j-cubed lol.

i don't know, obviously it is a risky bet but im thinking of laying a small amount on roop. hioki should win, but japanese fighters debuting in the ufc seem to do terrible.

I give a lot of weight to the Japanese Debut/Other Org great shitting it up in their first UFC fight, but I'm not terribly high on Roop, who is coming off of a win over an other org guy in Grispi and Roop was an other org guy himself. I would avoid that fight. Too many variables outside of the fight itself. 
10/13/11 9:54 AM
Team GDP

well if bobby and 3 joints both tell me to stay away, i guess i will. thanks boys
10/13/11 9:54 AM
jjj2121

Team GDP - ^fair enough, will probably stay away unless odds get ridiculous. and you lucky fucker getting to go to ufc 137.

I'm beyond excited dude, I've been to fight nights here in FL before but this is my first PPV show...cannot wait.
10/13/11 9:57 AM
Bobby Lupo

Edited: 10/13/11 9:57 AM
jjj2121 - 
Team GDP - ^fair enough, will probably stay away unless odds get ridiculous. and you lucky fucker getting to go to ufc 137.

I'm beyond excited dude, I've been to fight nights here in FL before but this is my first PPV show...cannot wait.

You're going to love it. The crowd brings so much life to the event. It's not just a night of fights, it's a fucking event...and you get Diaz, Penn, GSP all on the same card. The view from home on a flat screen is better, but no can compare to the athemosphere.  
10/13/11 10:01 AM
Team GDP

Bobby Lupo - 
jjj2121 - 

You're going to love it. The crowd brings so much life to the event. It's not just a night of fights, it's a fucking event...and you get BJ, Penn, GSP all on the same card. The view from home on a flat screen is better, but no can compare to the athemosphere. 
so true about the atmosphere. i was at 115 in vancouver. when franklin ko'd chuck the place went bananas. earlier i thought 136 would be better than 137, but i changed my view and i think 137 on paper is better than 136. hopefully it will live up to the hype and be better in reality as well.
10/13/11 10:01 AM
Team GDP

Edited: 10/13/11 10:01 AM
double
10/13/11 10:07 AM
Bobby Lupo

Team GDP - 
Bobby Lupo - 
jjj2121 - 

You're going to love it. The crowd brings so much life to the event. It's not just a night of fights, it's a fucking event...and you get BJ, Penn, GSP all on the same card. The view from home on a flat screen is better, but no can compare to the athemosphere. 
so true about the atmosphere. i was at 115 in vancouver. when franklin ko'd chuck the place went bananas. earlier i thought 136 would be better than 137, but i changed my view and i think 137 on paper is better than 136. hopefully it will live up to the hype and be better in reality as well.

I've been to major sporting events around the world: huge boxing matches, world cup matches, hated soccer rivalries, major baseball and american football, wrestlemania and I swear that I've never heard a crowd reaction quite like the one when Shane Carwin knocked Lesnar down and started pounding on him. The building erupted. The the comeback and a fucking loud groan. Brock Lesnar owned that crowd. He had every person in the palm of his hand.
10/13/11 10:23 AM
Team GDP

^damn what soccer matches have you seen? i was able to see the fifa u20 world cup in canada. that was awesome. not really a great crowd but awesome action. soccer can get pretty crazy. from what ive read rangers vs celtic is pure insanity.
10/18/11 7:59 PM
Team GDP

man just saw wand vs cung le line. both are -115. i'll be betting on cung at that price
10/19/11 8:47 PM
duggy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bellator lines out on bodog:

these are just the lines no prop bets...

Hale -165
Flores +135

M'Pumbu -205
Wiuff +165

Tirloni -300
Gable +230

Vila -450
Galvao +300

Dantas -300
West +230

10/20/11 8:09 AM
Bobby Lupo

Team GDP - ^damn what soccer matches have you seen? i was able to see the fifa u20 world cup in canada. that was awesome. not really a great crowd but awesome action. soccer can get pretty crazy. from what ive read rangers vs celtic is pure insanity.

Rangers-Celtic is pure insanity. It's hilarious when Americans think that Yankees-Red Sox is some type of hated rivalry because a fat guy in one shirt might get teased by a bunch of fat guys in another shirt. Inter-Juventus (The best of Italy (juve) vs the Italian club with the most non Italian talent (inter) is pretty major, but Lazio-Roma (which I've never been to or care about) is not only hated rivals from the same city, there are political implications, constant violence and the battle over fascism running as undercurrents. 

I'm not making a play on Wand-Le, I don't know how good (or bad) either guy is at this point. I like them both and just hope to be entertained. 
10/20/11 12:23 PM
Team GDP

Bobby Lupo - 
Team GDP - ^damn what soccer matches have you seen? i was able to see the fifa u20 world cup in canada. that was awesome. not really a great crowd but awesome action. soccer can get pretty crazy. from what ive read rangers vs celtic is pure insanity.

Rangers-Celtic is pure insanity. It's hilarious when Americans think that Yankees-Red Sox is some type of hated rivalry because a fat guy in one shirt might get teased by a bunch of fat guys in another shirt. Inter-Juventus (The best of Italy (juve) vs the Italian club with the most non Italian talent (inter) is pretty major, but Lazio-Roma (which I've never been to or care about) is not only hated rivals from the same city, there are political implications, constant violence and the battle over fascism running as undercurrents. 

I'm not making a play on Wand-Le, I don't know how good (or bad) either guy is at this point. I like them both and just hope to be entertained. <br type="_moz" />
i remember a few years back when paulo di canio was playing for lazio. dude was in tight with the club ultras. and he was doing the 'fascist' salute when he scored a goal as a celebration.

it's funny when you compare italian teams vs english teams. italian teams are crazy when they are at home but are well behaved when they play in other countries. english are the opposite.
10/26/11 2:54 PM
Team GDP

all odds are up for 137
10/26/11 3:03 PM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mitrione, Cowboy, and Vera.  No way am I putting $ on the Diaz-Penn fight.

I think BJ is going to have some real problems to deal with here, when was the last time he fought a boxer with reach?  We all know what happened when GSP picked him apart with his jab, and Diaz has longer reach I believe.  BJJ may be equal, Diaz might even have the advantage.  If I was betting I would bet Diaz but there is no way I'm betting that fight.
10/26/11 3:28 PM
rosario00

Lupo, advice? Phone Post
10/27/11 8:52 AM
Bobby Lupo

I like Kongo, Cowboy, Vera and Tyson Griffin. I'm shocked that Kongo is the dog in that fight, he should be able to take Mitrione down and work from there. Cowboy is a straight up lock, Vera got the 1 fight at 205 that he can win without doubt. Those are where my money is going.

The two main fights are interesting: do you take a +235 Cro Cop over Roy Nelson? As tempted as I am, I can't. He hasn't looked good in 6 years and I don't think it starts now, but 2011 has been a year where the 'shot' old timers strike back. Nog and Tito give me some confidence, but not enough to go through with it. 

I can get Diaz at +120. I think that Nick has the advantage in everything except wrestling. But BJ, if he's smart will take Diaz down frequently and cage press instead of being a victim of the Stockton Slap from distance. If this was 5 rounds, I'd be confident in betting Diaz, but 3 rounds could go either way and most likely BJ's way when he'll be fresh to fight. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.