UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

11/13/12 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

esch99 - Tough card....I think the best bet would be for Diabate and Griggs to finish inside the distance, but that will probably be at a ridiculous negative number. I actually think that the Bocek/Dos Anjos fight and the Carvalho/Damm might get finished as well. The Bocek one is kind of a long shot, but I just have a feeling.

Basically, I think if you have a good sense that a fighter will finish the fight, I like it.  What I do is go ahead and go like $50 straight up for safety (again, a little difficult with judging), then go the same fighter to finish inside the distance at $50. (Arbitrary numbers, but ratio is equal).  

I like the idea of who you think is going to be a fast starter or a slow starter.  Guys like Maldanado (pre-Glotex beatdown) are always slow starters.  If you have a bet on who wins round 1, take Maldanado's opponent.   He did the same thing like 4 fights in a row and kept losing these decisions, but would have good solid round 3's....

11/14/12 3:48 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Costa will put a beating on Ring who should be 1-3 in his last four instead of 3-1 that his official record shows. Ring lost to Fukuda and McGhee imo.
11/14/12 6:44 AM
Woodford Mike
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thinking about taking a small flyer on Hendricks wins in rd1, but I dont see it offered on 5dimes. The thought being that Kampmann is a notorious slow starter and with Hendricks' heavy hands maybe he can put him away early.

That would be the only bet I lay on this fight (assuming 5dimes offers the damn thing come fight night)as I have no friggin clue who wins otherwise.

Just a thought.
11/14/12 6:55 AM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Costa will put a beating on Ring who should be 1-3 in his last four instead of 3-1 that his official record shows. Ring lost to Fukuda and McGhee imo.

I can't bet this fight. I avoid betting fights with local guys (except Weidman) because I can't objectively judge them. With Costa, I thought 'Nice guy, good kickboxer, too bad they gave him Rivera in his first UFC fight" and then he comes in and smashes Jorge and has looked great since.

Don't bet on locals, you'll either under or over rate them, but never accurately judge them if you saw them coming up.

I'm doing pre weigh in picks today, but giving myself some wiggle room in case someone looks like a zombie during weighins
11/14/12 11:04 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woodford Mike - Thinking about taking a small flyer on Hendricks wins in rd1, but I dont see it offered on 5dimes. The thought being that Kampmann is a notorious slow starter and with Hendricks' heavy hands maybe he can put him away early.

That would be the only bet I lay on this fight (assuming 5dimes offers the damn thing come fight night)as I have no friggin clue who wins otherwise.

Just a thought.

See, I'm way down for that Hendricks bet.  It's three rounds.  He's going to launch that fuckin left hand which has concrete in it.  Kampmann takes punches.  We'll get great numbers for that line too given the risk.  

11/14/12 11:05 AM
BrCutter

I'm with Loops, I really really like to see weigh ins.  It's not every time, but every now and then, yes, there's that dude that is a zombie and tried his best to act like he's not in a rush to get the pedialite.  

11/14/12 11:06 AM
BrCutter

Somebody else vote loops up so he's even.  I just spent mine for today. 

11/14/12 11:15 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -

Somebody else vote loops up so he's even.  I just spent mine for today. 

Lol... Done Phone Post
11/15/12 7:56 PM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks wins in round one @ +500 hedged with Kampmann by dec @ +250?...

I don't think Philippou is a better finisher than Boetsch who didn't finish Ring - I like the line on that fight to go to Dec. @ -180.

GSP by unanimous decision @ -115 on Sportbet is a good bet too.

Sakara by dec. looks like it may be good depending on line
11/15/12 8:26 PM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakara is having a hard weight cut. Phone Post
11/15/12 8:29 PM
Bobby Lupo

I like GSP to finish.
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish
Cote by doing what every heavy hitter does in a Sakara fight Phone Post
11/15/12 8:44 PM
Bobby Lupo

Just beg all the Canadians Phone Post
11/15/12 8:44 PM
Bobby Lupo

Bet Phone Post
11/15/12 9:23 PM
BrCutter

Negative, Sakara is supposedly having a rough cut and I know Lups is diehard Sakara, but facts are facts.  

11/15/12 9:33 PM
Sketchd
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kampmann by Decision - +320

Kampmann by Decision or KO - +190

Bet heavy

11/15/12 9:33 PM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - I like GSP to finish.
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish
I like these pics do you do parlays mostly? Phone Post
11/15/12 10:09 PM
Sketchd
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish
Condit by finish
Costa by finish
Kampmann by decision
Sakara by decision Phone Post
11/16/12 6:39 AM
Bobby Lupo

HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental - 
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish

I hardly ever do parlays.I really dislike them. I usually advocate only betting on the guy that you KNOW (in your mind) are going to win.

I'm trying to make up for the Macao Massacare, so I'll be taking more dogs are betting on modes of finish. I'm gambling now more than usual, but that's part of the fun in this.

11/16/12 6:48 AM
Bobby Lupo

pj_benn - 
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish
WTF was your accnt hacked? I can't believe you said that about sakara! Phone Post

He will always be my favorite fighter, but I'm prepared to have my heart broken once again. 

I'm happy that I can read Italian. He sounds depressed about making weight for this fight, is having a tough cut, posting on Facebook about how cutting to 185 is so much harder now.

I think that after the knee injury rehab he got into the best shape of his life when he trained with the rugby S&C coach. He put on a lot of muscle and was over 215lbs and solid. At the start of the Stann camp (I think he was 224 IIRC) he looked like a monster, then somewhere in the process of making weight, that all went away. I think the cut was too hard for that fight and he tried to get Stann out of there quick because he wasn't physically right, and that backfired. I fear for a repeat of that. 

Sakara should beat Cote--he's far more skilled standing and a BJJ BB. Cote has an incredible chin, so I don't think he will be finished standing. That leaves the only option for a Sakara win as a decision...in Cote's home town.Alessio will not want to leave it to the judges (hometown, plus hard weight cut) so he'll be looking for a shootout. Good for the fans, bad for the Sakara bettors.

11/16/12 6:59 AM
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental - 
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish

I hardly ever do parlays.I really dislike them. I usually advocate only betting on the guy that you KNOW (in your mind) are going to win.

I'm trying to make up for the Macao Massacare, so I'll be taking more dogs are betting on modes of finish. I'm gambling now more than usual, but that's part of the fun in this.

Yeah I try and avoid them as well it's not easy. I'm going to take your picks this week for the hell of it. :) please post your tickets. Phone Post
11/17/12 2:39 AM
WillyMaunawili
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt!

Gonna take a chance on Condit Phone Post
11/17/12 9:24 AM

TTT for lupo final say :) lol Phone Post
11/17/12 9:57 AM
mister_sticks
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
pj_benn - 
Ring by decision
Hendricks by finish
WTF was your accnt hacked? I can't believe you said that about sakara! Phone Post

He will always be my favorite fighter, but I'm prepared to have my heart broken once again. 

I'm happy that I can read Italian. He sounds depressed about making weight for this fight, is having a tough cut, posting on Facebook about how cutting to 185 is so much harder now.

I think that after the knee injury rehab he got into the best shape of his life when he trained with the rugby S&C coach. He put on a lot of muscle and was over 215lbs and solid. At the start of the Stann camp (I think he was 224 IIRC) he looked like a monster, then somewhere in the process of making weight, that all went away. I think the cut was too hard for that fight and he tried to get Stann out of there quick because he wasn't physically right, and that backfired. I fear for a repeat of that. 

Sakara should beat Cote--he's far more skilled standing and a BJJ BB. Cote has an incredible chin, so I don't think he will be finished standing. That leaves the only option for a Sakara win as a decision...in Cote's home town.Alessio will not want to leave it to the judges (hometown, plus hard weight cut) so he'll be looking for a shootout. Good for the fans, bad for the Sakara bettors.

Bobby's picks have done me relatively well in the past (well, the Macao wasn't too great but that's why it's called gambling, innit?), so TTT for his final say. Phone Post
11/17/12 10:51 AM
Bobby Lupo

I'm going all Canadian. Hendricks. Phone Post
11/17/12 11:00 AM
BrCutter

I put mine in this morning. Will post. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.