UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

12/4/12 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Olive Garden Table For One
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 

I started a thread titled - Official "Charity Bets" Thread ....where you can bet with other UG members and the loser sends the winnings to the Charity of winners choice... Its for a good cause, you still get a sweat and the potential for Donated money is endless.If any of my fellow action Junkies have a charity close to there hearts and wanna win some coin for them, please check it out and lets all SWEAT FOR CHARITY.

LUPO VTFU

hope this link works

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2095600&forum=1&page=1&pc=31

I'm in bro. Anytime one of my sentimental guys are fighting, I'd love to do a charity bet instead of an SN bet. That's a good thing.

12/4/12 2:54 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 

I started a thread titled - Official "Charity Bets" Thread ....where you can bet with other UG members and the loser sends the winnings to the Charity of winners choice... Its for a good cause, you still get a sweat and the potential for Donated money is endless.If any of my fellow action Junkies have a charity close to there hearts and wanna win some coin for them, please check it out and lets all SWEAT FOR CHARITY.

LUPO VTFU

hope this link works

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2095600&forum=1&page=1&pc=31

I'm in bro. Anytime one of my sentimental guys are fighting, I'd love to do a charity bet instead of an SN bet. That's a good thing.

Thanks brother... That's how I came up with idea, tat2tillidie threw out a SN bet for GSP fight and I said F-that lets bet $20 and donate to charity of winners choice... Not a fan of SN bets, no sweat for me, Now a charitable donation in my name, that's worth sweating over... Fucking GSP, lol had the other side of that one... Think this could really be a Winner for Charity's. Phone Post
12/4/12 2:55 PM
French Fries Malone
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great idea with the charity bets!!

Everyone VTFU Olive Garden so he isn't frozen more this bullying must stop! Phone Post
12/4/12 2:56 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have an open call out in the thread now... I got BJ... Someone get over there and take my Action!!

Sweat For Charity! Phone Post
12/4/12 3:00 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

French Fries Malone - Great idea with the charity bets!!

Everyone VTFU Olive Garden so he isn't frozen more this bullying must stop! Phone Post
Thanks... Got you outa the red :) Phone Post
12/4/12 3:18 PM
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll do a $25 charity bet on Shogun. Just straight up, no odds adjustment. 

12/4/12 3:57 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Olive Garden Table For One -

I'll do a $25 charity bet on Shogun. Just straight up, no odds adjustment. 

Post it in the thread... Someone will take it, I personally feel Shogun is too much for Gus to handle... I got one with Nate And have an open one with BJ. Phone Post
12/5/12 5:26 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

I and the famous Tout himself Roberto Lupo have entered into a Charitable duel... I have chosen Baby Jay Penn to swing my sword and Lupo has selected The Young NERDLING Rory as his representative... The loser will donate $$$ to the winners charity of choice! FranksFight for me.

Let the Charity Sweat begin!!!

And everyone get over to Charity Bet thread and call someone out... For Charity of course!

Lupo your a gd man and will be receiving a vote up daily from me to counter act clowns voting you down. Phone Post
12/5/12 5:46 PM
Woodford Mike
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been going back and forth on my picks for this card all week and I seem to be leaning towards Diaz, Gustafson and Penn.

Logic tells me that Henderson will be too big and powerful for Diaz and will manhandle him the way Rory did, but I also know that a) Diaz has improved by leaps and bounds since then and b) Henderson has great sub defense but he also manages to almost get caught at times and I think Diaz has a decent shot at catching him in a 5rd right.

As for Gustafson / Shogun, Im basing my call on the reach advantage and a hunch that maybe Shogun wont be in the best of shape.

The Penn / McDonald fight is the one im most shaky on. Im going Penn simply because this is a big fight (Fox) and Penn has far more big fight experience. Also think the odds on Penn are simply too attractive to pass on.

Thoughts?
12/5/12 8:44 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to grab our nuts boys and make some fuckin money this weekend.  Shit starts friday at Bellator and continues on to FOX ufc, then let's go boxing right after that same night.  My analysis begins.  Featherweight tournament finals.  I'm going to probably bet emotionally for UFC on BJ, so don't listen to a word I say about that fight.  

December is big money month.  December 29th. JDS at -170 over Cain at I don't care what.  JDS straight up and you've got near even odds close to 1:1.  JDS is going to repeat his first performance.  In five rounds, Cain cannot win.  Simply put.  Cannot win.  It may last longer, but same results.  It's Arlovski/Sylvia II and III and this mutha fuckin fight is III.  

12/5/12 8:54 PM

These are the best made matches the UFC has had in a long time. I like Benson by physicality, Shogun by brutality and BJ isn't ready to pass the prodigy torch yet. BJ at +225 is weird and probably means he's going to get destroyed--it's an enticement for name brand bettors. I'm going fucking sentimental. 

12/5/12 9:08 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, I'm 90% sure I'm going down the same line.  I really believe Benson can pull a Stun Gun-type win over Nate and keep putting him down.  I realize different weight class, but Benson is huge.  We're not going to see the Bendo that was throwing a million little pawing jabs at Frankie, he'd get killed.  He's a smart fighter and TONS of cardio to wrestle him and throw gnp.  

BJ I'm going with.  

I want Shogun to do it, but I don't know what to think after the Vera fight and Gus/Silva is fresh in my head.  Might actually go with Gus. 

12/5/12 9:10 PM
BrCutter

lol, I took note and voted Lups up like 6 times in the last two days and he went from -29 to -34.  Just got him to -33. Ridiculous that that's an issue.  Again, lol, how the hell do I have about 80 vote ups?  I guess i don't disagree much or my stalkers haven't found me yet.  

12/5/12 9:12 PM
nubp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't pass up on Nate at +130 and BJ +220. I've been tempted to take Shogun over Gustafsson, but between his last performances I just can't bet on which guy will show up. Either way everybody wins with JDS at -170.
12/5/12 9:17 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woodford Mike - Been going back and forth on my picks for this card all week and I seem to be leaning towards Diaz, Gustafson and Penn.

Logic tells me that Henderson will be too big and powerful for Diaz and will manhandle him the way Rory did, but I also know that a) Diaz has improved by leaps and bounds since then and b) Henderson has great sub defense but he also manages to almost get caught at times and I think Diaz has a decent shot at catching him in a 5rd right.

As for Gustafson / Shogun, Im basing my call on the reach advantage and a hunch that maybe Shogun wont be in the best of shape.

The Penn / McDonald fight is the one im most shaky on. Im going Penn simply because this is a big fight (Fox) and Penn has far more big fight experience. Also think the odds on Penn are simply too attractive to pass on.

Thoughts?

How much of a reach advantage does Gus have over Shogun?
12/5/12 9:18 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

nubp - I can't pass up on Nate at +130 and BJ +220. I've been tempted to take Shogun over Gustafsson, but between his last performances I just can't bet on which guy will show up. Either way everybody wins with JDS at -170.
Love Nate n Baby J... Will be laying $100 on ea.... Lets go little score.... I could use a few extra schillings for the Holidays!

Fuck Bovada! Support your Local Bookie! Phone Post
12/5/12 9:41 PM
BrCutter

BaraoKix - 
Woodford Mike - Been going back and forth on my picks for this card all week and I seem to be leaning towards Diaz, Gustafson and Penn.

Thoughts?

Gus 76.5

Rua 76"

It's a wash.  Nothing.  1/4" each arm.  A lot of people think he has a huge reach, but he doesn't, just uses that height pretty well.  

He's middle of the road for reach at lhw.  Hell, Phil Davis is close to 80".  I think he's a little over 79"

12/6/12 6:00 AM
Woodford Mike
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 
BaraoKix - 

Thoughts?

Gus 76.5

Rua 76"

It's a wash.  Nothing.  1/4" each arm.  A lot of people think he has a huge reach, but he doesn't, just uses that height pretty well.  

He's middle of the road for reach at lhw.  Hell, Phil Davis is close to 80".  I think he's a little over 79"

Damn - shows what I know lol. In my head, I was thinking he must have a huge reach given his height.

Not sure it changes my opinion of that fight, however. Shogun has had a tendency to run hot and cold in the UFC and I just have a feeling he's going to be a bit off for this fight.

12/6/12 6:05 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Functional reach is more than just the length of your arms. If you have a long torso, you can lean further and that adds to your actual reach. 

12/6/12 7:18 AM

I would love for Gusta to win this thing impressively. It would be the best thing possible for the UFC to have a young threat at LHW for Jones. I think he's a tremendously talented fighter, and more importantly: he's a smart fighter. He has to stay on plan and at distance for the entire fight. I wouldn't be shocked if Shogun is completely unable to take Gustamante down. 

For me the issue is going to be: what happens when Shogun lands something big? I'm betting that this thing gets turned into a dogfight and all of the Mauler's advantages go out the window when that happens. I'm betting that he can't stay within his gameplan when things start going sideways. 

12/6/12 7:21 AM

Gusta does that Vitali K think where he uses his height to fight tall. Vitali has often had the same reach as his opponent, but was able to control the distance like he had half-a-foot on the guy

12/6/12 7:29 AM
sgotwalks
1345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - 

The old lions: BJ and Shogun are going to have one last hurrah. It's totally against my betting rules, but I like them both to win impressively

This post from three days ago, two pages back, kind of contradicts you post from a couple above this one ^^. However, I don't hold that against you because I often waffle on fights down the stretch, and your posts are solid. For that, I give you a vote!

12/6/12 7:42 AM

sgotwalks - 
Olive Garden Table For One - 

The old lions: BJ and Shogun are going to have one last hurrah. It's totally against my betting rules, but I like them both to win impressively

This post from three days ago, two pages back, kind of contradicts you post from a couple above this one ^^. However, I don't hold that against you because I often waffle on fights down the stretch, and your posts are solid. For that, I give you a vote!

I'm still betting BJ and Shogun, but I'm admitting that some of that is sentiment rather than objective analysis.

12/6/12 7:44 AM

BrCutter - 

lol, I took note and voted Lups up like 6 times in the last two days and he went from -29 to -34.  Just got him to -33. Ridiculous that that's an issue.  Again, lol, how the hell do I have about 80 vote ups?  I guess i don't disagree much or my stalkers haven't found me yet.  

Thanks bro. I get frozen like every other day now with the vote downs. I would think that maybe I banged a bunch of dudes' girlfriends or something and they're voting me down out of revenge, but this is the UG....nobody has a real girlfriend. 

Grazie mille

12/6/12 8:36 AM
BrCutter

NorthFromHere -

Functional reach is more than just the length of your arms. If you have a long torso, you can lean further and that adds to your actual reach. 

100% on. Nobody get carried away with the wingspan. He's 6'5. That jab reaches way the fuck out there with that torso. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.