UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

12/15/12 5:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
NorthFromHere - Pearson is gonna ruin George Sots. +100 to +110, take it.

This was a nice early x-mas present. TY Pearson
12/15/12 8:53 AM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burner22 - 
Bad Monkey -
BrCutter - 
Bad Monkey - 

I was thinking G-Sots til I came in here.

Any way on earth Mike Pierce loses tonight.  He's -450 but I'm looking for something to put the brakes on my skid. 

lol, you made the right choice Bad Monkey. Pearson got sloppy and lazy here and there, but that shit was inevitable.  

I ended up putting Pierce in with Felice on a parlay, both were at -450.  I watched Herrig's first fight with that chick and couldn't see how see could possibly lose.

I like Poirier, Varner, and Meathead for tomorrow.  I think it has been shown that you can stay on the outside of Roy and dot his eyes all night if you have a reach advantage and he will just let you and try to counter with the big overhand.  Roy could end it easily on the ground, but I don't think he will take it there.

Everyone has been picking Roy, but noone has elaborated on how.  If you believe Roy has this in the bag, please convince me so I don't throw my money out on Meathead.

I'm thinking Roy takes him down and finishes it there. Wouldn't surprise me if meathead jab an jogged his way to a win tho Phone Post

Both plausible IMO, but the higher degree of chance is Roy plays chin music on him. 

12/15/12 8:59 AM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/12 9:01 AM

Roy is not only immensely more experienced, he's really really good.  He's one of the upper tier heavyweights in the UFC.  Meathead is going to have t a really hard time sticking Roy with a jab because Roy won't be close enough or he will have already planned on countering it.  Roy will land his left hook anytime and he will connect with his overhand right.  He only needs the right once.  Meatheads is a strong athletic guy, but man, he's not caught up to Roy in terms of the nuances of striking, regardless of who he's training with.   Allistair can tell him this and train with him to do that, but it's not Allistair fighting.  

I present someone trying to Roy and what happens when one tries to do that:

Nelson v. Herman

and the guys that have done well are an "amplified" Frank Mir, JDS who throws more than jabs, and Fabricio who I thought outstruck Allistair.   He only loses to the best.  Not to guy who don't pass the Lupo Kongo Test Strategy.

Watch carefully how Roy sets up the big overhand.  He not only has decent reach, but he gets the guy committing to a step and a lot of weight on that front foot.  They really are stuck there for a second.  He's fuckin money at it.  The setup is probably 80% of his success with that overhand.  

12/15/12 9:03 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -

Roy is not only immensely more experienced, he's really really good.  He's one of the upper tier heavyweights in the UFC.  Meathead is going to have t a really hard time sticking Roy with a jab because Roy won't be close enough or he will have already planned on countering it.  Roy will land his left hook anytime and he will connect with his overhand right.  He only needs the right once.  Meatheads is a strong athletic guy, but man, he's not caught up to Roy in terms of the nuances of striking, regardless of who he's training with.   Allistair can tell him this and train with him to do that, but it's not Allistair fighting.  

Nelson v. Herman

and the guys that have done well are an "amplified" Frank Mir, JDS who throws more than jabs, and Fabricio who I thought outstruck Allistair.   He only loses to the best.  Not to guy who don't pass the Lupo Kongo Test Strategy.

Watch carefully how Roy sets up the big overhand.  He not only has decent reach, but he gets the guy committing to a step and a lot of weight on that front foot.  They really are stuck there for a second.  He's fuckin money at it.  The setup is probably 80% of his success with that overhand.  

Great breakdown and I agree totally ... Roy ko's him Phone Post
12/15/12 9:05 AM
BrCutter

Bad Monkey - 
BrCutter - 
Bad Monkey - 

I was thinking G-Sots til I came in here.

Any way on earth Mike Pierce loses tonight.  He's -450 but I'm looking for something to put the brakes on my skid. 

lol, you made the right choice Bad Monkey. Pearson got sloppy and lazy here and there, but that shit was inevitable.  

I ended up putting Pierce in with Felice on a parlay, both were at -450.  I watched Herrig's first fight with that chick and couldn't see how see could possibly lose.

I like Poirier, Varner, and Meathead for tomorrow.  I think it has been shown that you can stay on the outside of Roy and dot his eyes all night if you have a reach advantage and he will just let you and try to counter with the big overhand.  Roy could end it easily on the ground, but I don't think he will take it there.

Everyone has been picking Roy, but noone has elaborated on how.  If you believe Roy has this in the bag, please convince me so I don't throw my money out on Meathead.

Good methodology with Felice.  She improves every single time out.  I was live for her first fight (mma fight) and she got pushed against the fence for three rounds.  When she was free, she made the girls face look like sausage pizza.  Dogshit reffing to not break it after wall n stall, but you could see if she just got some anti-wrestling skills, she'd be deadly.  She has brutal standup.  

12/15/12 9:07 AM
BrCutter

NorthFromHere - 
NorthFromHere - Pearson is gonna ruin George Sots. +100 to +110, take it.

This was a nice early x-mas present. TY Pearson

It was great because a) I like Ross as a person/fighter and b) we won big.  I ordered all my boys four foot tall T-Rex's for Christmas (they're big into dinosaurs.)  Thanks Ross!

12/15/12 1:06 PM
Bad Monkey
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 

Nelson v. Herman

I am convinced.  Great explaination. Going to go with Roy, Dustin, Jamie, and HD.  

After watching Delrosario's last few fights I beleive Pat should take this. It will be an awesome fight no matter what, but I think Barry's stand up is better and Delrosario doesn't initiate groundfighting where he would have a clear advantage.  It is Pat Barry however so I will be going light, but this is one of the best stylistic matchups Barry can get at Heavy.  It is a must win for him and he's too fucking cool to not be in the UFC.

12/15/12 2:00 PM
BrCutter

Bad Monkey -
BrCutter - 

Nelson v. Herman

I am convinced.  Great explaination. Going to go with Roy, Dustin, Jamie, and HD.  

After watching Delrosario's last few fights I beleive Pat should take this. It will be an awesome fight no matter what, but I think Barry's stand up is better and Delrosario doesn't initiate groundfighting where he would have a clear advantage.  It is Pat Barry however so I will be going light, but this is one of the best stylistic matchups Barry can get at Heavy.  It is a must win for him and he's too fucking cool to not be in the UFC.

No problemo. Good question. Phone Post
12/15/12 2:17 PM
French Fries Malone
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm is anyone betting on Barry? SDR is gonna tear him up.

Waldberger and Varner are becoming my picks for tonight Phone Post
12/15/12 7:33 PM
French Fries Malone
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you guys think about Pyle/ head?

Thinking of putting some on head for the upset? Phone Post
12/15/12 8:48 PM
French Fries Malone

pj_benn - Head was looking good Phone Post
Yeah up until That laser guided knee

Dodged a bullet there.

Poirer??

Got him on a few parlays Phone Post
12/15/12 10:58 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call on Barry. He did his best to get subbed in the first, but SDR didn't take the finish. Phone Post
12/15/12 11:41 PM
BrCutter

Olive Garden Table For One - Good call on Barry. He did his best to get subbed in the first, but SDR didn't take the finish. Phone Post
Lol, I jumped JUST for this. Lol. He tried his best and SDR just didn't finish.

I won huge on Roy. Big. I didn't pull the trigger on Barry. Phone Post
12/15/12 11:45 PM
Bad Monkey
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a good night, I went small on a lot of fights and made out pretty good. I went with Pyle, Poirier, Barry to finish, Ricci (my only blemish on the night), Roy to finish, and Roy/Meathead to not go the distance.  

Between last night and tonight my stack is up 20 points for the weekend, with a big payday coming up in two weeks! 

Thanks to Lupes, without this thread I would have lost my ass this weekend and on many other occasions, and also to BrCutter for the Nelson breakdown.  It made me see the folly of my ways.  VU's for you both!

12/15/12 11:49 PM
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had my first good night in a while. Melvin was going to hammer Varner, too bad about that Phone Post
12/16/12 12:22 AM
Woodford Mike
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a Poirier, Barry, Ricci, Nelson parlay, so that Ricci fight was even more painful to watch.

Had some money down on Nelson at -265, after Ricci lost I doubled down on Nelson and got it at -185.

Ok night that could have been great. Glad to hear some of you guys did well. Phone Post
12/16/12 1:55 AM
BrCutter

Bad Monkey - 

Had a good night, I went small on a lot of fights and made out pretty good. I went with Pyle, Poirier, Barry to finish, Ricci (my only blemish on the night), Roy to finish, and Roy/Meathead to not go the distance.  

Between last night and tonight my stack is up 20 points for the weekend, with a big payday coming up in two weeks! 

Thanks to Lupes, without this thread I would have lost my ass this weekend and on many other occasions, and also to BrCutter for the Nelson breakdown.  It made me see the folly of my ways.  VU's for you both!

Welcome bro for my little part.  Dude! How close did that Dave Herman finish look to the Meathead finish! haha. 

I'm trying to remember if Nelson has thrown that long range uppercut under the jab like that.  That's a slick weapon for him on the counter.   One of our pros showed it to me and how to use it to slip right on it and keep my dominant angle and to keep throwing.  Roy throws hard for sure, but like I said before, he is getting double the inertia on these shots by his good footwork and catching them as guys step into him.  Also, if you want to get fucked up, throw up the double pillar defense while BC unloads on you.  

I feel fortunate to have crushed it the last abotu 5 weeks.  I went for broke just about on Roy with three places ranging from -210 to -265.  that's fuggin awesome one of you got a -185 on that.  

In 13 days, I'm making my biggest payday in a single fight to date when JDS gets another W against Cain.  Bang with me bros on this.  I'm buying one of those high-tech massage chairs with the winnings.  

12/16/12 1:58 AM
BrCutter

12/16/12 2:39 AM
nubp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^haha I love it. will bang! I've been in a bit of a rut ever since the Franklin debacle in Macau; I can't wait to squeeze the trigger on JDS
12/16/12 6:54 AM

BR, You should send Junior a thank you tweet for buying you the massage chair. I went max in 3 places on Clementi over Melvin a few years back, and thanked Rich for the TV and the Mac Book Pro that sub paid for

12/16/12 9:48 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -

My folks have that chair... TREMENDOUS!!!

Ya Roy!!! Phone Post
12/16/12 10:20 AM
BrckNoHitBk
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
12/16/12 11:29 AM
BrCutter

Olive Garden Table For One - 

BR, You should send Junior a thank you tweet for buying you the massage chair. I went max in 3 places on Clementi over Melvin a few years back, and thanked Rich for the TV and the Mac Book Pro that sub paid for

Dude, I'll absolutely do that.  A pic of me in the chair.  lol.  Big ass smile in my chair. 

12/16/12 11:31 AM
BrCutter

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
BrCutter -

Ya Roy!!! Phone Post

That's awesome!  I can't wait to come home from work and plop my ass down in that thing.  I may just set it up so I can watch mma on the big screen in the basement on it and get a 3 hour massage out of it.  Go JDS!!!!

12/16/12 12:09 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

BrCutter -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
BrCutter -

Ya Roy!!! Phone Post

That's awesome!  I can't wait to come home from work and plop my ass down in that thing.  I may just set it up so I can watch mma on the big screen in the basement on it and get a 3 hour massage out of it.  Go JDS!!!!

Yes... War JDS... Chair is amazing... I fell asleep in it last Xmas at my folks... Woke up feeling like a new man!! Enjoy Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.