UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

12/19/12 9:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/19/12 9:01 AM

12/20/12 4:49 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -

No br! Ive got bank on the twice sainted one also, but All this premature celebration makes me nervous. The gambling gods despise overconfidence. Swiftly they will take what they have given.

Seriously I'm confident in junior but Cain is no pushover. Don't jinx it bro. For the sake of all your loops locks brethren. Wait till the massage chair is gently and soothingly massaging your buttocks till you start to celebrate. especially since I see junior is saying Cain has a good chance to hold him down, and he looks forward to showing off his jits. Jesus no Phone Post
12/20/12 7:36 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE that somebody else was thinking JINX due to overconfidence. We are a strange (and supersticious) breed. 

That said, I really don't see how Cain can wins this thing unless he fights expressly to tire Junior out for three rounds and turns it up in 4 and 5. The only way Cain can win is if the crowd is booing. If he's blanketing or wall and stalling, then he has a prayer in this. But even if he goes down that path, I think Junior is such the superior athlete that he'll get out from under Cain or reverse the clinch, but how long can 2 Saints play that game? Cain's 2 areas of advantage are cardio and wrestling. If anything other facet of the game becomes the main portion of the fight: Cain will lose badly.

12/20/12 10:56 AM
Woodford Mike
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit 120
McDonald -160

Anyone like Condit at this price? Phone Post
12/20/12 11:14 AM
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Condit is going to get smashed. Odds say don't bet that fight though Phone Post
12/20/12 12:01 PM

Mister, I like that parlay as much as I can like a parlay--I hate parlays. I'm betting all of those guys individually Phone Post
12/20/12 2:14 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burner22 -
BrCutter -

No br! Ive got bank on the twice sainted one also, but All this premature celebration makes me nervous. The gambling gods despise overconfidence. Swiftly they will take what they have given.

Seriously I'm confident in junior but Cain is no pushover. Don't jinx it bro. For the sake of all your loops locks brethren. Wait till the massage chair is gently and soothingly massaging your buttocks till you start to celebrate. especially since I see junior is saying Cain has a good chance to hold him down, and he looks forward to showing off his jits. Jesus no Phone Post
I know! I've taken this way too far. Lol. Even I feel jinxed. I'm almost expecting a call from Cigano to pipe it down. Phone Post
12/20/12 9:15 PM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed Cain is at plus $7.10 to win by sub or points. Plus 9 to win by points. Might hedge with one of those.no chance he KO s junior. Phone Post
12/20/12 9:19 PM
burner22

Olive Garden Table For One -

I LOVE that somebody else was thinking JINX due to overconfidence. We are a strange (and supersticious) breed. 

That said, I really don't see how Cain can wins this thing unless he fights expressly to tire Junior out for three rounds and turns it up in 4 and 5. The only way Cain can win is if the crowd is booing. If he's blanketing or wall and stalling, then he has a prayer in this. But even if he goes down that path, I think Junior is such the superior athlete that he'll get out from under Cain or reverse the clinch, but how long can 2 Saints play that game? Cain's 2 areas of advantage are cardio and wrestling. If anything other facet of the game becomes the main portion of the fight: Cain will lose badly.

Agree 100%. Cain will put away the leg kicks and try and break out the snuggle blanket Phone Post
12/21/12 6:13 AM
burner22

BrCutter -
burner22 -  Missed the boat on costa too, he opened as a solid underdog. I meant to get on but never did. Now he's the solid favorite. Bleh. Phone Post

Man, I say if you like that fight, take it.  I think Costa is a fucking animal and in IMO one of the top 3 camps in the Country.  If you do what Serra and Longo tell you what to do, you will win.  Costa listens. Weidman listens.  To the point on Lups, you can't keep Costa down.  Costa also doesn't give a shit what style of standup you have, he's throwing fuckin heat down the pipe and he will land.  I think Tim is a great guy and what a ton of heart, but man, that's got to run out here on someone.  Yushin was just absolutely destroying him.  The Lombard fight was one where Lombard hardly did shit.  I just have no reason to believe yet that this streak of his is substantitive.  He could prove me wrong, but if I'm laying money on this, I'd take Costa in 3 rounds.  They will have a strategy for him and he will impose.  That's what I'm seeing.  BTW, Matt Hume is obviously one of the best there is too, so no insult to him and the camp up there in Washington.  

IMO, this was a pick'em fight from the start and the linesmakers are actually paying attention on this one. 

Yeah I hear ya bro. To me I think costa should win. Only thing that worries me about him is that he tends to be a little passive, and the way the mma muppet judges score that can count against him.
Boetsch might pull off another Lombard - style points win? Dunno.. Will probs throw a few small pennies on him Phone Post
12/21/12 10:20 AM
Woodford Mike
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually thinking the JDS-Cain fight will be very close and could go either way. I'm tempted to put a couple $ on Cain just for the hell of it.

If historical trends hold, that's a very strong indicator that you JDS bettors should cash in handsomely. Phone Post
12/21/12 11:33 AM
BrCutter

burner22 -
BrCutter -
burner22 -  Missed the boat on costa too, he opened as a solid underdog. I meant to get on but never did. Now he's the solid favorite. Bleh. Phone Post

Man, I say if you like that fight, take it.  I think Costa is a fucking animal and in IMO one of the top 3 camps in the Country.  If you do what Serra and Longo tell you what to do, you will win.  Costa listens. Weidman listens.  To the point on Lups, you can't keep Costa down.  Costa also doesn't give a shit what style of standup you have, he's throwing fuckin heat down the pipe and he will land.  I think Tim is a great guy and what a ton of heart, but man, that's got to run out here on someone.  Yushin was just absolutely destroying him.  The Lombard fight was one where Lombard hardly did shit.  I just have no reason to believe yet that this streak of his is substantitive.  He could prove me wrong, but if I'm laying money on this, I'd take Costa in 3 rounds.  They will have a strategy for him and he will impose.  That's what I'm seeing.  BTW, Matt Hume is obviously one of the best there is too, so no insult to him and the camp up there in Washington.  

IMO, this was a pick'em fight from the start and the linesmakers are actually paying attention on this one. 

Yeah I hear ya bro. To me I think costa should win. Only thing that worries me about him is that he tends to be a little passive, and the way the mma muppet judges score that can count against him.
Boetsch might pull off another Lombard - style points win? Dunno.. Will probs throw a few small pennies on him Phone Post
Yeah, there's our important variable. Costa's activity level. Phone Post
12/21/12 11:35 AM

Frankie +200 in the Aldo fight. Aldo has never beaten anyone good. I'm in on this shit.

12/21/12 9:22 PM
burner22

Frankie +200 in the Aldo fight. Aldo has never beaten anyone good. I'm in on this shit.

Ken-flo? Cub? Faber? The reason he has no real big names on his resume is because there are none at 145, i would argue.I'm thinking aldo's leg kicks and speed will be frankies kryptonite.

Has a line come out anywhere for stann/wand? If stann is at anywhere more than 30 cents to the dollar it's free money. Nightmare matchup for wand. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:17 PM
burner22

Rampage at plus $2 looks tasty as well. Nice matchup for him style wise Phone Post
12/22/12 2:28 AM
nubp

burner22 -  Rampage at plus $2 looks tasty as well. Nice matchup for him style wise Phone Post

I agree, the line is way off for that fight in my opinion. I don't buy that Rampage will come out unmotivated and out of shape for his last fight, and I'm not so sold on Grover being the world beater everyone thinks he is
12/22/12 6:28 AM
NorthFromHere
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
burner22 - 

Ken-flo? Cub? Faber? The reason he has no real big names on his resume is because there are none at 145, i would argue.I'm thinking aldo's leg kicks and speed will be frankies kryptonite.

Has a line come out anywhere for stann/wand? If stann is at anywhere more than 30 cents to the dollar it's free money. Nightmare matchup for wand. Phone Post

Kenflo, Cub and Faber are all guys Frankie would beat easily imo.
12/22/12 7:12 AM

Frankie could beat those dudes consecutively in one night without losing a round. Frankie has been in there with the likes of BJ and Sherk and made them look silly. 

Cub Swanson might have been the only active fighter that could have lost to Jens Pulver when he did. Don't come at me with Cub Swanson when Frankie's beaten: Sherk, Penn, Maynard, Jim Miller, Bendo and Mark Bocek.

Bocek is better than anyone on Aldo's resume. 

12/22/12 11:30 AM
Bad Monkey
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nubp - 
burner22 -  Rampage at plus $2 looks tasty as well. Nice matchup for him style wise Phone Post

I agree, the line is way off for that fight in my opinion. I don't buy that Rampage will come out unmotivated and out of shape for his last fight, and I'm not so sold on Grover being the world beater everyone thinks he is

That line is where it should be. Rampages time at the top of the division is over, Glover is legit. He probably won't ever get the belt but he will smash the soft flabby shell of rampage.  Free money if you ask me. 

12/22/12 11:34 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey -
nubp - 

That line is where it should be. Rampages time at the top of the division is over, Glover is legit. He probably won't ever get the belt but he will smash the soft flabby shell of rampage.  Free money if you ask me. 

I am Sold on Glover and think he gets the TKO in the 1st... He will have the Belt in 2014! Phone Post
12/22/12 11:47 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Page with TRT to knock out Glover who never beat anyone of note IMO (but I'm NOT betting that shit LOl)
12/22/12 11:51 AM
Bad Monkey
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I see a picture of Page in any shape other than round I might give him a chance.  He isn't all in anymore. You can't beat glover with a half assed approach. 

12/22/12 12:23 PM
BrCutter

Lazer MMA - 
Page with TRT to knock out Glover who never beat anyone of note IMO (but I'm NOT betting that shit LOl)

Man, seriously, that's what I think about for this fight.  Rampage said how fuckin great trt was when he got it for his injury.  A TRT Rampage might be a scary mother fucker.  

12/22/12 12:25 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 
Lazer MMA - 

Man, seriously, that's what I think about for this fight.  Rampage said how fuckin great trt was when he got it for his injury.  A TRT Rampage might be a scary mother fucker.  

Bro, he needs a new contract somewhere to boot. Better Glover = no understand MMA (win or lose) IMO.
12/22/12 12:28 PM
BrCutter

I agree with Lups a lot about Aldo and I don't see where he's saying Aldo is bad, but just unproven.  The thing with Aldo is I think he has a habit of fighting closer to his opponents level no matter who it is.  That's why the Hominick fight was as close as it was.  Mendes just plain fucked up and was tunnel-visioned on a takedown and overextended himself with both hands reaching fully out.  He's a D1 2nd placer (got fucked out of a title), he 99.999% wouldn't make that mistake.  

I don't touch the Aldo/Edgar fight, but if it's not razor tight, it would surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if Aldo got outpointed.  145 is a notch up in speed where Frankie has had an advantage.  I mean, who the fuck catches that many leg kicks against Bendo?  I'm rooting for him.  Aldo seems cool, but I just want a different champ and I want that champ to be Edgar.  In my view, he clearly won his rematch with Bendo.  Can't understand the scoring on that one to save my life.  Anyway, Frankie goes down to a weight where guys are equally as fast; where does he fit in?  Hopefully Aldo doesn't have some injury again.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.