UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lupo Locks Need to Be A UG Sticky

12/22/12 12:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a betting fight for me but my best guess is Aldo stops him.
12/22/12 12:37 PM
Bad Monkey
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
BrCutter - 
Lazer MMA - 
Page with TRT to knock out Glover who never beat anyone of note IMO (but I'm NOT betting that shit LOl)

Man, seriously, that's what I think about for this fight.  Rampage said how fuckin great trt was when he got it for his injury.  A TRT Rampage might be a scary mother fucker.  

Bro, he needs a new contract somewhere to boot. Better Glover = no understand MMA (win or lose) IMO.

Unless TRT can turn the clock back to 2007 this is GLovers fight to lose.  Rampage has never liked to train, and he's getting lazier as he gets older and richer.  The fire is out.  The only way I see Page winning is if he land a shot like Fabio did at the end of the first after Glover had been kicking the shit out of him. Page is not going to win this fight in the gym, his only chance is to get the one hitter in a fight he will be getting beat up in.

12/22/12 12:39 PM
Bad Monkey
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frankie wins with movement and takedowns to steal rounds.  Aldo will get worn down and the last 2 rounds will be onesided.

12/22/12 7:25 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One -

Frankie could beat those dudes consecutively in one night without losing a round. Frankie has been in there with the likes of BJ and Sherk and made them look silly. 

Cub Swanson might have been the only active fighter that could have lost to Jens Pulver when he did. Don't come at me with Cub Swanson when Frankie's beaten: Sherk, Penn, Maynard, Jim Miller, Bendo and Mark Bocek.

Bocek is better than anyone on Aldo's resume. 

I agree Frankie has faced a higher level of competion, due to 155 being a tougher weight class. My point was saying Aldo "never beat anyone good" is disrespectful to the dude. Phone Post
12/22/12 7:33 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey -
Lazer MMA - 
BrCutter - 
Lazer MMA - 
Page with TRT to knock out Glover who never beat anyone of note IMO (but I'm NOT betting that shit LOl)

Man, seriously, that's what I think about for this fight.  Rampage said how fuckin great trt was when he got it for his injury.  A TRT Rampage might be a scary mother fucker.  

Bro, he needs a new contract somewhere to boot. Better Glover = no understand MMA (win or lose) IMO.

Unless TRT can turn the clock back to 2007 this is GLovers fight to lose.  Rampage has never liked to train, and he's getting lazier as he gets older and richer.  The fire is out.  The only way I see Page winning is if he land a shot like Fabio did at the end of the first after Glover had been kicking the shit out of him. Page is not going to win this fight in the gym, his only chance is to get the one hitter in a fight he will be getting beat up in.

I agree rampage is fat lazy and slovenly these days. I'm just not at all sold on glover. In my mind he's the most overhyped dude in mma. He's beaten maldanado and kingsbury. Too guys who barely deserve to be in the UFC. and lost to Ed Herman.

Even tho all rampage does now is walk forward throwing hooks I think that might be good enough against glover, who only walks forward throwing right hands. If it turns into a competition of who has the best chin I'll take rampage Phone Post
12/22/12 7:43 PM
burner22

BrCutter -

I agree with Lups a lot about Aldo and I don't see where he's saying Aldo is bad, but just unproven.  The thing with Aldo is I think he has a habit of fighting closer to his opponents level no matter who it is.  That's why the Hominick fight was as close as it was.  Mendes just plain fucked up and was tunnel-visioned on a takedown and overextended himself with both hands reaching fully out.  He's a D1 2nd placer (got fucked out of a title), he 99.999% wouldn't make that mistake.  

I don't touch the Aldo/Edgar fight, but if it's not razor tight, it would surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if Aldo got outpointed.  145 is a notch up in speed where Frankie has had an advantage.  I mean, who the fuck catches that many leg kicks against Bendo?  I'm rooting for him.  Aldo seems cool, but I just want a different champ and I want that champ to be Edgar.  In my view, he clearly won his rematch with Bendo.  Can't understand the scoring on that one to save my life.  Anyway, Frankie goes down to a weight where guys are equally as fast; where does he fit in?  Hopefully Aldo doesn't have some injury again.  

That hominick fight wasn't close at all for the first couple of rounds tho. It was only when Aldo gassed that it got interesting. And if mendes couldn't get Aldo down he was always getting slept.

I agree it will be tight tho, but Frankie will have to change his style to win. Staying on the outside and using his speed and boxing won't cut it against Aldo, and he want be catching aldo's kicks either. But he will have a distinct advantage in strength an wrestling. Hes gonna have blanket Aldo to win IMO Phone Post
12/22/12 11:14 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burner22 - 
BrCutter -

I agree with Lups a lot about Aldo and I don't see where he's saying Aldo is bad, but just unproven.  The thing with Aldo is I think he has a habit of fighting closer to his opponents level no matter who it is.  That's why the Hominick fight was as close as it was.  Mendes just plain fucked up and was tunnel-visioned on a takedown and overextended himself with both hands reaching fully out.  He's a D1 2nd placer (got fucked out of a title), he 99.999% wouldn't make that mistake.  

I don't touch the Aldo/Edgar fight, but if it's not razor tight, it would surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if Aldo got outpointed.  145 is a notch up in speed where Frankie has had an advantage.  I mean, who the fuck catches that many leg kicks against Bendo?  I'm rooting for him.  Aldo seems cool, but I just want a different champ and I want that champ to be Edgar.  In my view, he clearly won his rematch with Bendo.  Can't understand the scoring on that one to save my life.  Anyway, Frankie goes down to a weight where guys are equally as fast; where does he fit in?  Hopefully Aldo doesn't have some injury again.  

That hominick fight wasn't close at all for the first couple of rounds tho. It was only when Aldo gassed that it got interesting. And if mendes couldn't get Aldo down he was always getting slept.

I agree it will be tight tho, but Frankie will have to change his style to win. Staying on the outside and using his speed and boxing won't cut it against Aldo, and he want be catching aldo's kicks either. But he will have a distinct advantage in strength an wrestling. Hes gonna have blanket Aldo to win IMO Phone Post

Good point on Hominick.  That was the hard weight cut fight for Aldo (rumored and what his camp said).  He did make Mark look like the Elephant Man before starting to gas.  

I don't understand Frankie's movement sometimes.   Sometimes it seems great when he's moving in and out, hitting a knee tap, getting a quick takedown.  Other times, it seems maybe overly random?  and he gets hit flush ala what Maynard did 2x in a row.  Then again, I can't think of too many other times that it happened that much.  Bendo's big shot in fight 1 was an upkick.  Never really been nailed too hard other than those times.  lol, I sort of throw my hands in the air.  I'm just rooting for him against Aldo.  Ever since that Tyson Griffin fight, I've been a fan.  Dude's got a serious set.  

12/28/12 1:20 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS is a triple black diamond love lock. Gunna end just like the 1st fight!

$400 on JDS at -200
$100 on Belcher at -110
$100 on Jury at plus 190 Phone Post
12/28/12 2:23 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fishmonger, love the first 2 bets. I'm going 4 on Two Saints and 2 on Kim Jong Il tat

12/28/12 5:24 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One -

Fishmonger, love the first 2 bets. I'm going 4 on Two Saints and 2 on Kim Jong Il tat

Gd luck to us both!

And War Jury!! Phone Post
12/28/12 5:35 PM
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know enough about Jury Phone Post
12/28/12 5:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Olive Garden Table For One - I don't know enough about Jury Phone Post
10-0 all finishes in the 1st

Out of San Diego and trains with Stephens,Cruz and the rest of the 619 crew.

Super tough kid and very Humble... Only knock is he blew his knee out a few years ago... No problems since.

Johnson is tough and coming into his own for sure, but the price is right and I think Jury gets the Stoppage. Phone Post
12/28/12 6:50 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got a lot ridin on JDS, but I'm stopping a little short of putting everything on it. I think junior wins regardless, there's two words that give me caution: inside trip. Car win used it on jds and legit put him down. Okay, it was half of an inside single finish but still... It showed that u need to fight junior close in the clinch and the trip will work. The more tired jds gets, the harder it is to get back up. Cain had excellent wrestling. That's fact.

I'd say 75% of shots on jds are doubles from 3' away that he easily defends. He has good hips for sure.

Just something to think about. Don't think a fight can be close because of an inside trip? Reference DJ v Creepy I. Phone Post
12/28/12 8:57 PM

Cain had some love handles and junior looked stronger than ever. It'll be the same outcome except we all (including the fighters) know its going to happen. Phone Post
12/28/12 8:59 PM

J Lau will win impressively to set up lauZon-Diaz Phone Post
12/28/12 9:02 PM
Team GDP
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS

12/28/12 9:40 PM
BrCutter

Olive Garden Table For One - Cain had some love handles and junior looked stronger than ever. It'll be the same outcome except we all (including the fighters) know its going to happen. Phone Post
I just got out of traneing and saw the video....lets just say, I feel a lot better. I posted right before I went in and u can read my worrying. Inside trip my ass! Show me datch money! Phone Post
12/28/12 9:56 PM

Guys please vote me up so I don't get frozen. I got a feeling. Cain at 240 is going to be too slow to deal again. Get the injury excuses ready Phone Post
12/28/12 10:23 PM
burner22

Olive Garden Table For One - Guys please vote me up so I don't get frozen. I got a feeling. Cain at 240 is going to be too slow to deal again. Get the injury excuses ready Phone Post
If I could vote u up I would bro. Phone Post
12/28/12 10:36 PM
French Fries Malone
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - Guys please vote me up so I don't get frozen. I got a feeling. Cain at 240 is going to be too slow to deal again. Get the injury excuses ready Phone Post
I will from my laptop in a min.

Small action on
Lauzon
Varner

Medium belcher

Large dos santos

Looks to be a great night of fights , best of luck gents Phone Post
12/28/12 10:37 PM
burner22

Anyone see a bit of value in Garcia at plus $3? Considering hallaway has absolutely zero ground game Phone Post
12/28/12 10:41 PM
Eunuchorn
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain is usually at around 240.

He was way up at 249 for the first fight.
12/28/12 11:48 PM
BrCutter

I just put my 3 in Lups.  

Cain looked fat.  I'd be more convinced if he weighed in heavy like he did JDS 1.  That said, he looked like he had a spare tire and he was 240?  WTF does that mean? lol.  We usually see a direct correlation with injury/training camp to weight/body comp.  By the looks of him, I though it'd say 248-250 when he stepped on.  

12/29/12 12:22 AM
BrCutter

On the horizon, we've got Michael Chandler on Jan 19th fighting Rick Hawn.  Chandler -205 Hawn +165.  Seems like a good fight for Chandler and you don't get much closer to even.  

Honestly, on 155, I don't really care for any other fights betting-wise.  

12/29/12 1:01 AM
Bad Monkey

I got holloway/mj parlay

varner

belcher

lauzon

gonna bet on jr inside the distance when the props come out

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.