UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> A warning about Keiko Gis

7/3/11 9:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anarkis
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am one of those guys who is a slim 5'11 and weighs 165 pounds with freakishly long arms. I got a Keiko Blue Raca Gold Weave Gi and the jacket fits me perfect with good length, but the legs are a little short on me. Overall though it is by far my best fitting GI. Well I decided to get another Keiko, but this time I got the Keiko Summer Raca GI.

These two Gis are like night and day in comparison. While the Competition Gi barely shrunk and is about the perfect size. After two months the Summer Gi has shrunk so much its unwearable. I would highly recommend that you stick to the competition Gi if your going to purchase one. They are cut well for slim guys but the Summer Gi shrinks like crazy.

I have been considering picking up an Syr but I am not willing to pay 300 bucks for it.
7/3/11 10:20 PM
LetsTalkItOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their customer service sucks too. I had my pants tear from the leg opening almost up to my knee. This was within a month of purchase. I talked to them about it and they said it was normal wear and tear. If it was even a year out I would understand but a month from purchase is obviously a defect issue.

I've never even considered a Keiko since.
7/3/11 11:36 PM
Anarkis
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/04/11 2:26 AM
You might want to read my thread closely. I actually love my Keiko Gold Weave, I guess its preshrunk, but my Summer Raca Gi started the same size but shrunk to an unusable size.

I actually have seen plenty of Syr's pants do the same thing.
7/4/11 5:04 AM
LetsTalkItOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No I read your post fine. The one that tore is a gold weave. The issue wasn't the fit, it was that I got my hands on a defective gi and they didn't do their part. At least SYR attempts to remedy the problems they have had. Also, my profesor bought a summer gi too and he hated it as well.

7/4/11 10:16 AM
Jimenez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP did u machine dry your top? you cant machine dry Kiekos or they will shrunk badly, i too have monkey arms but i hang dry em and i also have the Summer Gi and it hasn't shrunk..

if anything my comp Gi shrunk or maybe its just bc ive had it for like 2 years lol
7/4/11 1:54 PM
Anarkis

Jimenez - OP did u machine dry your top? you cant machine dry Kiekos or they will shrunk badly, i too have monkey arms but i hang dry em and i also have the Summer Gi and it hasn't shrunk..

if anything my comp Gi shrunk or maybe its just bc ive had it for like 2 years lol

Actually I machine dry my competition but not the Summer. It still shrunk on me. Cold water cycles as well.
7/5/11 12:58 PM
Jimenez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anarkis - 
Jimenez - OP did u machine dry your top? you cant machine dry Kiekos or they will shrunk badly, i too have monkey arms but i hang dry em and i also have the Summer Gi and it hasn't shrunk..

Actually I machine dry my competition but not the Summer. It still shrunk on me. Cold water cycles as well.

interesting, i do cold and my Summer is a perfect fit , maybe u got unlucky =P they are good gis but they do shrink .

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.