UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Trying to figure out what this is called

7/4/11 7:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
j0n
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IS there a video on a single leg where you *as a south paw* step to your left, throw their outside arm up with your right hand and come in with the left almost scouping up their leg.. pivoting and pressing your shoulder into the back of their thigh to get them to the ground?

I very very vaugly remember this from wrestling in HS but its been almost 10 years and I am trying to find a video using this..  only thing I can think of is a High C but looking at that it's not quite what I am thinking about...   

7/4/11 8:00 AM
ChipW
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not sure about the setup your talking about but the finish you describe sounds like this one. 
7/4/11 9:12 AM
j0n

Edited: 07/04/11 9:13 AM

ITs a 0:47 of this video..    lol..  Extremely similiar to this.   I just want to find out what it's called so I can see if there is a video that breaks it down somewhere...     
7/5/11 1:05 AM
ausgepicht

What Tito does at :47 is a Hi-C. Is that what you are looking for?
7/5/11 7:19 AM
j0n

I've never seen it where your back is exposed like that before though..     is it just some variation of it.?
7/5/11 10:09 AM
ausgepicht

No, that was pretty textbook. Where your back is exposed? You mean Cyborg's back? A Hi-C should get you to his flank or rear, though it can be finished in front. Cyborg's back being exposed is more because she was in wrestling mode (not wanting to roll to her back and lose) and her clear preference to NOT pull guard than anything.
7/7/11 9:08 AM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's basically just a duck-under to high crotch. One of my favorite takedowns.
7/7/11 9:32 AM
j0n

The Persian Devil - It's basically just a duck-under to high crotch. One of my favorite takedowns.

awesome, I knew there was something else besides just a high c. 

literally have not wrestled in over 13 years so I forget a lot of what I used to know.

thank you!
7/7/11 12:23 PM
ausgepicht

The name of the technique is a Hi-C....IF there was a duck under it would have been a set-up and not the technique. it was a low Hi-C hence the level change that made it appear he did a duck under. He actually did not have an attachment at all. His arms "gunslinged" because typically you will have an underhook that you will use by pulling or ducking under to set up the Hi-C. In this case Tito just shot by FAKING the bicep control. He tapped and went.
7/7/11 2:14 PM
j0n

ausgepicht - The name of the technique is a Hi-C....IF there was a duck under it would have been a set-up and not the technique. it was a low Hi-C hence the level change that made it appear he did a duck under. He actually did not have an attachment at all. His arms "gunslinged" because typically you will have an underhook that you will use by pulling or ducking under to set up the Hi-C. In this case Tito just shot by FAKING the bicep control. He tapped and went.

ahh..   okay that makes a little more sense then.

Thanks!
7/7/11 2:41 PM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - The name of the technique is a Hi-C....IF there was a duck under it would have been a set-up and not the technique. it was a low Hi-C hence the level change that made it appear he did a duck under. He actually did not have an attachment at all. His arms "gunslinged" because typically you will have an underhook that you will use by pulling or ducking under to set up the Hi-C. In this case Tito just shot by FAKING the bicep control. He tapped and went.

If you read the original post again I think we both haven't answered his question. Just what he did before...

pivoting and pressing your shoulder into the back of their thigh to get them to the ground?

I think what he is talking about is this:

Wrestler A shoots for high crotch and locks the left leg of wrestler B
Wrestler B maintans position and defends.
Wrestler A changes position of hands (right arm wrapped around upper thigh, left arm wrapped around knee/shin) and moves anti-clockwise to get to wrestler B's back while using shoulder and chest to push on the back of the controlled leg for a takedown.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.