UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> The Best "Cans" in Florida

7/5/11 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
willfightanyoneat175
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top 5 Cans, not in order, in Florida (Just for giggles by no means of disrespect)

1. Chris Adams 0-8
2. Ali Radwan 1-5 (douchebag fought HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW)
3. Eric Strickland 0-5
4. calvin martin 3-10
5. James Wynn (hardest worker)4-16
7/5/11 4:15 PM
Twister Trent
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually wouldn't consider James Wynn a can any longer, as long as this "James Wynn 2.0" campaign keeps going, he'll be okay.
7/5/11 11:07 PM
ELCAPITAO1

Really a cans list? Pretty disrespectfull bro everyone losses in MMA and this sport is not for everybody.
7/5/11 11:51 PM
VemolasLazyEye
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Technically wouldn't the "best" can be the worst guy with best record? Phone Post
7/6/11 10:15 AM
willfightanyoneat175

Duane Hart was Master Shark's student?
7/6/11 11:41 AM
RFC-Biotch

These guy's took some tough fights at weights that were too big for them. Back in the day they were'nt as many fighters around. Chris Adams started fighting older. Calvin Martin fought real good guy's at 155lb now fighting at 135lb with excellent standup.
7/6/11 1:23 PM
willfightanyoneat175

RFC-Biotch very true!
7/6/11 2:13 PM
breakit

Edited: 07/06/11 2:16 PM
ELCAPITAO1 - Really a cans list? Pretty disrespectfull bro everyone losses in MMA and this sport is not for everybody.

What suprises me the most is that he included himself on the list. Oh, and Ali is 1-6, btw

7/7/11 12:46 PM
willfightanyoneat175

James Wynn came super close to beating james austin.
7/8/11 9:42 AM
RODRIBS
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calvin took most of his first fights out in New Orleans at 155, with little to no training. His old manager DID NOT have his best interests in mind to say the least. He is Melvin Guillard's cousin and most of the time fought on the same small shows as Melvin when they would travel together.

Anyone who has trained with James knows he has the skills to beat almost anyone in his weight class. Some mental blocks that he is fixing and not the "best" choices in opponents account for most of his losses. Most of those losses also had him winning or looking great up to the moment he lost.  Ive heard man, including myself say hes the best fighter in Florida with the worst record.

I know both of these guys and might be biased but think if they had made some camp or career choices earlier in the lives both could be big show champs or title contestants by now.
7/8/11 11:19 AM
RFC-Biotch

Well said Mike. I had a talk with Melvin , told him to stay at 135lb and wait for a fight don't just jump at anything. He is on my July 29th card versus Geanne Herra (2-0) should be a good fight. Calvin is doing his work in gym, i don't think anyone beats him easy at 135lb.
7/12/11 4:04 PM
Ramosbjj

Does being a MexiCAN count? Phone Post
7/17/11 11:08 AM
willfightanyoneat175

Calvin Martin is an amazing talent. I have talked to him before. His ground used to be not as sharp. Now he has improved and dropped 2 weight classes. He'll be just fine!
7/18/11 3:39 PM
RFC-Biotch

Really think him and Geane Herrera will be a good fight. Geane better not take him lightly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.