UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: "Toughest fight of my career..."

7/6/11 9:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP: "The toughest fight of my career was against Thomas Denny. I was really sick that day and just getting into the ring was a challenge. I even asked my corner to throw in the towel and my cornerman said: I don’t have a towel so you have to fight. That made me so angry I came back to win!"

source

7/6/11 9:50 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, go figure.
7/6/11 9:52 AM
justinHD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frenchy
7/6/11 9:55 AM
BrockbackMountain
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not matt serra 1? or BJ Penn 1?
7/6/11 10:07 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, props to the Wildman...
7/6/11 10:08 AM
jjj2121

Yet another fight he was asking his corner to get him out of...
7/6/11 10:17 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Yet another fight he was asking his corner to get him out of...

zip it, miss lippy
7/6/11 10:35 AM
jjj2121

Irule - 

You know you're the best when so many people hate on you. I hope you're not a Diaz fan, because he's not going to be the one to stop GSP.

I like Diaz, and no he's not going to beat GSP.  He's perfected this brutal to watch frontrunning style and has the right trainer in his corner now to convince him to keep fighting when he wants to quit, which seems frequent.
7/6/11 10:38 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

You know you're the best when so many people hate on you. I hope you're not a Diaz fan, because he's not going to be the one to stop GSP.

I like Diaz, and no he's not going to beat GSP.  He's perfected this brutal to watch frontrunning style and has the right trainer in his corner now to convince him to keep fighting when he wants to quit, which seems frequent.

shut de fuck up
7/6/11 10:39 AM
Markos
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 

zip it, miss lippy

suess?
7/6/11 10:39 AM
jjj2121

Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

But isn't that what your corner is for anyways? To provide tactical evaluations in between rounds and also convince you to keep digging down when you think you have nothing left?
I don't think Nick Diaz's corner will have to talk him into continuing in fights, especially fights he's winning easily.

7/6/11 10:40 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4

Markos - 
PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 

zip it, miss lippy

suess?

how in the hell did you GUESS?!   i'm flabberghasted.  really.
7/6/11 10:41 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4

jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

But isn't that what your corner is for anyways? To provide tactical evaluations in between rounds and also convince you to keep digging down when you think you have nothing left?
I don't think Nick Diaz's corner will have to talk him into continuing in fights, especially fights he's winning easily.

Nick probably won't get tiger clawed multiple times and have to worry about losing vision in his eye. 

7/6/11 10:44 AM
Markos
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 
Markos - 
PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 

zip it, miss lippy

suess?

u mad bro? i cant help you've labeled yourself as the biggest GSP nut hugger there is

do you sleep with one of those life sized posters of your boy?
7/6/11 10:46 AM
jjj2121

Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

Which GSP fights are you talking about here?
Denny, Alves, Shields.  Maybe he'll cop to some more later.

7/6/11 10:47 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4

Markos - 
PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 
Markos - 
PosterboyOwnsMe4 - 

zip it, miss lippy

suess?

u mad bro? i cant help you've labeled yourself as the biggest GSP nut hugger there is

do you sleep with one of those life sized posters of your boy?
weak.  hopefully jjj has something of substance, you bore me to tears.

ok ok - yes i'm furious.  face is red, veins poppin out of my forehead, just threw my mom down the stairs and then told her to get the fuck out of my basement, and punched my monitor. 

7/6/11 10:52 AM
jjj2121

Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

Haha, so one was the fourth fight of his career, and the others were fights in which he was injured early on, yet still was able to get the victory.

Was he a "front runner" in the first Penn fight?
No he used to be a fighter before Serra stole his budo.  I liked watching him back around the time of the first Penn fight.

7/6/11 10:54 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Irule - 

Not always...Sometimes people hate on you for dousing yourself in Vaseline for years (ask Mayhem Miller, Sherk, Parysian, Hughes, Penn, Chuck Liddell, Dana White...or just look at the tape), lying about how he trained for Matt Serra, and becoming a lay and pray point fighter. Having a French accent doesn't help either. Just saying.
7/6/11 10:57 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4

SKARHEAD - 
Irule - 

Not always...Sometimes people hate on you for dousing yourself in Vaseline for years (ask Mayhem Miller, Sherk, Parysian, Hughes, Penn, Chuck Liddell, Dana White...or just look at the tape), lying about how he trained for Matt Serra, and becoming a lay and pray point fighter. Having a French accent doesn't help either. Just saying.

most everyone greased the same way gsp did - watch the tape (derp derp)

who cares how he trained for serra?

he doesn't lay and pray - he's very active on the ground

having a french accent definitely does not help

beating people's idol = gg
7/6/11 11:02 AM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 
jjj2121 - 
Irule - 

Haha, so one was the fourth fight of his career, and the others were fights in which he was injured early on, yet still was able to get the victory.

Was he a "front runner" in the first Penn fight?
No he used to be a fighter before Serra stole his budo.  I liked watching him back around the time of the first Penn fight.

Were his in-fight injuries against Alves and Shields before or after Serra "stole his budo" and turned him into a front runner? I can't remember.
7/6/11 11:10 AM
jjj2121

Ansari, his quitting attempts in fights he was winning easily were both post-Serra as was his overall shift to an uberconservative gameplan where he can break guy's orbitals in the first round and let them hang around for another 4+ rounds with absolutely ZERO vision in one eye.  Never heard Koscheck asking out and he couldn't see at all out of one eye.
7/6/11 11:13 AM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When did he attempt to quit any fight? He's the one fighting, if he wanted to quit, nobody in the world has the power to stop him. Are you confusing him informing his cornermen of his injuries with him attempting to quit?
7/6/11 11:18 AM
jjj2121

Ansari - When did he attempt to quit any fight? He's the one fighting, if he wanted to quit, nobody in the world has the power to stop him. Are you confusing him informing his cornermen of his injuries with him attempting to quit?

When you are speaking out loud about not seeing, you may as well be asking out because if a commissioner heard him say that (and I'd imagine they keep a pretty close eyes on GSP's corner these days due to past cheating) then the fight is over.

He himself said he attempted to quit in the Denny fight, draw your own conclusions about Alves.
7/6/11 11:25 AM
PosterboyOwnsMe4

jjj2121 - 
Ansari - When did he attempt to quit any fight? He's the one fighting, if he wanted to quit, nobody in the world has the power to stop him. Are you confusing him informing his cornermen of his injuries with him attempting to quit?

When you are speaking out loud about not seeing, you may as well be asking out because if a commissioner heard him say that (and I'd imagine they keep a pretty close eyes on GSP's corner these days due to past cheating) then the fight is over.

He himself said he attempted to quit in the Denny fight, draw your own conclusions about Alves.

he won the fight - moot point

If that's all you got then son i am disappoint
7/6/11 11:26 AM
Cyril Jeff

it takes a lot for a man to admit that he wanted to quit, props to GSP for being so transparent...

that being said, I don't think Caesar will ever have to persuade Nick to continue a fight...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.