UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Horse Racing Thread

3/7/12 1:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrapplerHK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just in Atlantic City for 5 days

Hit a pick 4 at Meadowlands Sat night that paid $1,668 for $1 bet (a signer)
3/15/12 4:41 PM
kyle_7777

Edited: 03/15/12 4:41 PM
 Nice. Our standardbred meet just wrapped up and i had a pretty shitty 4 months. Down about $6K. 10 weeks until the thoroughbreds come back...i am looking forward to the break and just following the derby preps. 

How was Tampa Bay Downs?
3/15/12 9:28 PM
GrapplerHK

it's nice, pretty cheap horses for the most part so I dont play there much...I was there Saturday for the Tampa Bay Derby, a pretty decent Derby prep race. And Ill be there again Sunday. Probably play a pick 4 and see what happens....
3/19/12 4:47 PM
GrapplerHK

haha....so I brought a date to the track Saturday (TB Downs).....I knew enough to do all my handicapping prior to being at the track (kind of rude to dive into the racing form when you have a date)......

anyway I worked up a pick 4 (races 3-6)....she wanted to go in for half.....$48 each for $.50 pick 4 and we hit it....$550 each for $.50 pick 4, just under the tax number ($600)....so no paperwork (we were alive to another horse that wouldve been a signer, $1200 each)

it was her first time at the track and now shes hooked, like its easy money and she wants me to just keep handing out winners lmao
3/26/12 12:04 AM
GrapplerHK

damn i am red hot......I actually picked a 23:1 shot at gulfstream today, to go along with a bunch of other winners....I wasnt there long so I only placed win bets, no exotics or pick4s
3/28/12 12:23 AM
GrapplerHK

trying to continue the hot streak I have a bunch of action at Tampa Bay tommorrow!!

I have a bunch of pick4s

But I do love #6 Jo Anns Bullet at 4:1 in the 1st race

and in the 6th race a price play on #7 El Mucho Grande at 6:1 turf special!!
3/28/12 9:58 PM
kyle_7777

Hopefully you had it in the exotics...I saw nice tri and super prices.

There is nothing better then a hot streak. It's been six months since i have had one. My handicapping lately has been on point, just not clicking for 4/4 and there is nothing worse then a cold streak. Especially when your handicapping is solid.

The only real bright spot has been qualifying for an online tournament April 23 through a weekly TV contest. There are only 70 spots in the finale. 4 races, $6 per race, whoever accumulates the most money. $10,000 first, $2,000 second and $1,000 for third. A great prize pool for a horse contest.
6/12/12 6:51 PM
GrapplerHK

i made a triumph return to the track Sunday, I hit a $.50 pick 5 at Hollywood (only 14% takeout) that paid $535......it was wonderful!!
7/9/12 12:11 PM
kyle_7777

I finally hit a pick 4 yesterday. $3,100.00. I am still stuck $4K on the year and $7K since my "downswing" started but i felt relief yesterday when my 16-1 shot crossed the wire yesterday. There is nothing worse then a gambling downswing that doesn't fucking seem to end. I am only down $300 now on the thoroughbreds this season after yesterday. Time to grind out the rest of my losses and get some profits.

9/8/12 3:04 PM
Eddy Payeur
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/25/12 2:52 PM
kyle_7777

I won a handicapping tournament on Sunday. Second time flying out of province and was able to take first place and qualify for the Horseplayer World Series in Vegas on February 21-23. My regular pick 4's are still going terrible and even with the $4,000 first place check i am still stuck $4,000 with two weeks of racing left. It's been the worst betting year i can remember but I have one local horse tournament on the last day of racing where i have six qualifying entries out of 70 and there is $27,500 in prize money. I am hoping to have one more good day before i take a month off.
12/3/12 10:02 PM
Eddy Payeur
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any updates?
12/5/12 4:19 PM
kyle_7777

That tournament went fucking terribly. I think i set a record for horses finishing 3rd. I had 4 or 5 horses over 25-1 finish 3rd. The break was good and needed. Horse racing gets to be draining and the grind is way worse when you just aren't hitting anything. I started back up on Breeders Cup at the beginning of November. I missed out on a huge day 1 with some undisciplined betting but i hit a couple of pick 4's at another track and that sparked a hot streak. I cashed out close to $11K in November. I had a 6/5 horse beat a 17-1 horse by a nose in a pick four that would have netted me between $25-40,000... December is slow so that pretty much guarantees me my second straight year and third in the last four of profitable gambling. This year was not as good as last but i will take it after all the months i spent in the negative...If i figured out my profit divided by my hours spent studying this year i probably am doing it for $5/hour.

Have a horse tournament locally on January 19 to try and qualify and win a trip to New Jersey for a bigger tournament...and i am looking forward to the Vegas tournament.

Anyone else have any horse racing updates?

12/5/12 8:43 PM
Eddy Payeur

I'm gonna send you a pm kyle

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.