UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> with Groves be ok with Booth ?

7/8/11 8:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KwikTempah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is not the same situation as Booth/Haye , Grove is in a deep division , not just deep in general but deep with British talent .

Warren just got Degale a Euro shot against Wilczewski the #3 ranked WBO(obviously) , he could be fighting for a world title early next year .

Groves been busy carrying Haye's suitcase round Hamburg .

you think Booth will be able to get Grove the big fights like he did Haye ? Phone Post
7/8/11 1:48 PM
Joe Ray

why would he not?
7/8/11 2:45 PM
KwikTempah

lol I just explained why not Phone Post
7/8/11 2:51 PM
Joe Ray

You just explained why Frank Warren is able to get Degale a euro title fight.

If Booth can take a talented cruiserweight to a fight for the undisputed HW title then he can take Groves, a guy who fought for the british title on PPV and who sold out the O2 arena at age 23 to a world title in a few years time.

7/8/11 3:09 PM
KwikTempah

well he probably can , he sold out the O2 because it was a grudge match with a Degale , the guy he beat and the guy that's about to leapfrog him in the rankings because of his representation .

groves is not a marketable guy , you cannot compare him to haye , Haye was a known guy after his ammy exploits and had a great look and could work the media, add to that he was fighting in a weak CW div and a weak HW div, Haye was a brand , you think booth has that with Groves ?

well all know Booth is a fantastic coach but due to his relative inexperience in the fields his abilities as a manager and promotor are limited , ask anyone he has worked with.

Haye could promote himself.

I don't know if it would help or hinder grove if Haye kept going .

don't be surprised next year to see someone like Billy Joe Saunders come through and steal what's left of Groves limelight . Phone Post
7/8/11 3:12 PM
Joe Ray

I disagree I think Groves is very marketable.

He is a fast, explosive and exciting fighter.

He also appears articulate and intelligent in front of the cameras.

Will he continue fighting under the Hayemaker banner though?
7/9/11 3:37 AM
KwikTempah

the only reason I though of this is because Warren has got Pavlik publicly calling out Degale saying he he wants to come to England to fight him , now he's just got him a Euro shot .

they have spun it into a Prescott/Kahn thing .

what's Grove doing ? nothing as far as we know .

Let's see who he gets next though . Phone Post
7/12/11 7:39 AM
LordSeano
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warren has lined up a ready made opponent with that pole - a feather fisted WBO ranked champion.

I think Pavlik only called out Degale because Degale would be a great tune up fight for him - olympic gold medallist with name exposure that he could eat alive.

They have both taken some time off after that fight as I think they both have enough exposure to stay relevant. Its not like Degale has been hitting the training hard seeing as he has been getting lamped by pissed up punters in Magaluf or wherever with his mate Jack Tweed.

Groves is british and commonwealth champ and has a great relationship with Golden Boy in the US. I expect we will see George fighting on the undercard again of one of the next big Golden Boy promotions in the US soon.
7/12/11 4:11 PM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a rumour he's on the Mayweather undercard, but GBP insist they arent promoting it. Phone Post
8/14/11 10:21 AM
KwikTempah

well well well

Groves is signing with Eddie Hearn !!

:) Phone Post
8/14/11 12:33 PM
Joe Ray

He is still trained and managed by Booth though.
8/26/11 12:18 PM
LordSeano
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14665409.stm

The fuck?

I guess we can look forward to Groves facing a line of WBO cans...........

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.