UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Torres open to overdue fight with Faber

7/9/11 8:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

A fight between the champs then would have been a massive event, with the winner having a legitimate claim as perhaps the best in the world. Today, things are different.

“Now, there’s only bragging rights,” Torres told ESPN.com. “He’s coming off a loss. I’m coming off a loss. He’s had four title shots since then. He lost twice to Mike Brown, to Jose Aldo and now to Dominick Cruz. I lost fights to one of his students [Joseph Benavidez] and Brian Bowles.

“All the momentum we both had, we kind of lost. That fight is still one fans want to see, but I think this fight a couple years ago would have been a lot bigger.”

It’s maybe not the fight it once would have been, but if it’s a step back toward that, Torres is in.

“It’d be a great fight for me because I never had the chance to fight him and we were on top for a long time,” he said. “What sucks is we both don’t really have as much to gain as we did two years ago, but it’s still a fight I’m looking forward to.”

read entire article...

7/9/11 9:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now's the time - they're both hungry, and despite both losing have looked good in their recent fights.

Torres vs Faber is the fight to make!
7/9/11 9:10 AM
JWC1719
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking about this fight the other day. I think it would be great.
7/9/11 9:22 AM
mexican jujitsu
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've been thinking about this fight since faber announced he was dropping weight. war mulletino!
7/9/11 9:32 AM
Bobby Lupo
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still really want to see it before it's too late like Chuck-Wand. They might bring out the best in each other and bring back some of the WEC magic. All for it
7/9/11 11:28 AM
Shope_1990
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -  I still really want to see it before it's too late like Chuck-Wand. They might bring out the best in each other and bring back some of the WEC magic. All for it
. Phone Post
7/9/11 12:11 PM
Hardtongue

Still the biggest fight for me in the 135 division, just for nostalgia's sake. Phone Post
7/9/11 1:04 PM
ortman166

Good fight Phone Post
7/9/11 1:49 PM
chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd definitely watch this. Great fight Phone Post
7/9/11 1:55 PM
lifeaftrprison
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faber will wrestle fuck Miguel. It will be a terribly boring fight IMO. Unless Miguel starts to get up from takedowns I don't see anyway it's not boring. Faber will engage to get a takedown don't think he will bang with him. Miguel I felt won against mighty mouse. , but he got wrestle fucked. Phone Post
7/9/11 2:23 PM
BLACK and BLUE Comic

ttt
7/9/11 2:24 PM
RickRude
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes Phone Post
7/9/11 2:27 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly Torres, doesn't he know Urijah only fights in a) easier fights and/or b) title fights.
7/9/11 2:39 PM
Bobby Lupo
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - Silly Torres, doesn't he know Urijah only fights in a) easier fights and/or b) title fights.

C) Jens Pulver
7/9/11 4:36 PM
The Sultan
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd definitely watch it.
7/9/11 4:43 PM
aaronlynton
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great co-main
7/9/11 5:04 PM
dahosse
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad fight for Miguel. Gotta admire that fighting spirit, though. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.