UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Crocop vs. Roy Nelson on 10/29...do what?

7/13/11 10:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Croatian press is reporting former PRIDE open weight grand-prix champion, Mirko Cro Cop has confirmed that he’ll take on “Ultimate Fighter” season ten winner, Roy Nelson at UFC 137 on October 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada in what will likely be his last fight inside the octagon.

The news comes via FightSite.hr who spoke to the legendary fighter just hours ago. Cro Cop also revealed, although he’s happy with the fight, he’s disappointed not to be facing long-time rival, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/07/13/ufc-137-%E2%80%93-mirko-cro-cop-confirms-he%E2%80%99ll-face-roy-nelson-in-his-last-fight-inside-the-octagon-on-october-29th/
7/13/11 10:02 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only person I care to see Cro Cop in the ring with at this point is Nogueira. Anything else is just giving other HWs free wins over Cro Cop so when people look back on their record it looks like they took out the SCARY STRIKER Cro Cop as opposed to a shell of his former self.
7/13/11 10:10 AM
MMAfan3
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Match up for Cro Cop , very winnable. I like this match up hopefully both men come in shape and ready for war
7/13/11 10:12 AM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy has heavy ass hands. I hope we don't see another KO and concussion for Mirko
7/13/11 10:12 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you think they present this fight to people now?

"Were you a fan of Mirko 'Cro Cop'? Did you enjoy his PRIDE career, perhaps were you even yourself a bit afraid of that man. Did you ever think to yourself 'I wish I could take on and beat that guy one day, after that I'd know I was a great fighter'?

Well think no more! We are offering free wins over Cro Cop right now, and the first person to sign up receives their show/win bonus AND a highlight reel KO over one of the most legendary strikers in the sport - something you can cherish for years to come and show the grand kids!

7/13/11 10:23 AM
ortman166

LordCoSaX -
MMAfan3 - Good Match up for Cro Cop , very winnable. I like this match up hopefully both men come in shape and ready for war

If Cro Cop still threw kicks maybe. Actually, scratch that, if Cro Cop still attacked, like, at all, it would be a good matchup because he is much more technical than Roy and has as much power. But at this point Mirko is always on the defence and he hardly throws any kicks (probably too many injuries and his legs must be jacked up).

Mirko is going to sleep in this one, and it sickens me as he is my all time favorite at HW. Nelson throws haymakers, 1 is bound to hit its mark at some point and since Mirko's chin is shot its gonna be night night.
He was throwing a headkick when shaub ko'd him w a counter Phone Post
7/13/11 10:35 AM
DontToewsMeBro!!

Please mirko retire. I wanna remember you as a bad mother fucker. Not half dead in the UFC octagon every damn fight since pride. Sigh Phone Post
7/13/11 10:39 AM
The Real Asian Cowboy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

loser leaves town. which will be crocrop.
7/13/11 10:59 AM
RoidsGracie

Yet another arrow in the corpse of Pride.
7/13/11 11:07 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 -
Chris Power - The only person I care to see Cro Cop in the ring with at this point is Nogueira. Anything else is just giving other HWs free wins over Cro Cop so when people look back on their record it looks like they took out the SCARY STRIKER Cro Cop as opposed to a shell of his former self.
Cro cop is what he always was. Sudden step up in competition makes everyone look bad. Even in UFC when he's fighting al turk/perosh and fighters of that level he looks like a 'scary striker' again. Phone Post
No. Just no. Phone Post
7/13/11 11:11 AM
JeremyLambert88
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cro Cop's chin vs. Nelson's power is not a good match up for Mirko.

It's a winnable fight for Mirko if he throws his kicks but his reflexes aren't what they used to be so kicks could lead to takedowns and even if they don't, I'm not sure he's quick enough to avoid Nelson's right hand.

Will be interesting to see if fat Roy Nelson shows up or a leaner Nelson. I'm sure he'll show up fat, win, and then all will be forgotten.
7/13/11 11:34 AM
GroundStPound

Mirko is going to end up in the hospital or the cemetary himself if he keeps this up.

I'm only interested in seeing him against Nog or Fedor. Free KO wins for anyone else just isnt fair.
7/13/11 11:43 AM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/MichaelAnthonyHunt/more%20gifs/1crcopreq.gif?t=1289087427
7/13/11 11:45 AM
GoGo GadgetPlata

Roy knows where he stands with his last fights, i see him taking this to the ground and going for the sub.

He's got heavy hands but there's always a chance with Mirko, i think he takes this where hes got the complete advantage.

Roy knows he needs to get back up the ladder and get a win.
7/13/11 11:45 AM
Hocky Balboa
7513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/MichaelAnthonyHunt/more%20gifs/1crcopreq.gif?t=1289087427
LOL! Awesome. Phone Post
7/13/11 12:13 PM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match-making. Roy is a good candidate for a CroCop head kick. That would be a nice career-ender.
7/13/11 12:17 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila - Great match-making. Roy is a good candidate for a CroCop head kick. That would be a nice career-ender.

yeah because roy is so easy to finish...........

?
7/13/11 12:23 PM
epwar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/MichaelAnthonyHunt/more%20gifs/1crcopreq.gif?t=1289087427
Haha, that sly grin he makes in hilarious and creepy.

7/13/11 12:26 PM
Domingo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mirko looked the best he had looked in years against Schaub...and he still got his lights turned out.
I honestly feel bad for the guy these days.
If you look at the other guys from his era (Nog, Fedor, Wand, etc.) they're not exactly doing too well either. Once you start slipping in MMA, there's 99% chance you're done.
7/13/11 1:16 PM
Evilzpet

Can't wait for CC to tell all of us "The fire is back."
7/13/11 1:30 PM
Attila

DamnSevern - 
Attila - Great match-making. Roy is a good candidate for a CroCop head kick. That would be a nice career-ender.

yeah because roy is so easy to finish...........

?

Not at all, but I think Mark Hunt is the only man alive who can withstand a perfect CroCop head kick.
7/14/11 1:27 AM
GoGo GadgetPlata

LordCoSaX - 
GoGo GadgetPlata - Roy knows where he stands with his last fights, i see him taking this to the ground and going for the sub.

He's got heavy hands but there's always a chance with Mirko, i think he takes this where hes got the complete advantage.

Roy knows he needs to get back up the ladder and get a win.

Be real man. Roy has 0 chance to take this to the ground with his sloppy greasy takedowns. Cro Cop's chin might be shot and his agression gone, but his TDD is still there. This isnt going to the ground.

ok, let me be real.

Roys competed in many grappling tournaments and done fairly well against top level competition.

Yet Mirko somehow has amazing TDD at this late stage in his career that he could stop someone who outweighs him by 43 lbs.?

While his take downs may not be the most technical or pretty, they still get the job done. I have a hard time believing Mirko will be able to get that belly off of him without a lot of work.
7/14/11 3:41 AM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harold_Howard - FUCK. I really wanted to see the big Nog fight for ol time sake.

you're welcome

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.