UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Chavez jr vs Saul Alvarez??

7/13/11 8:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
semtex0809
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard that they where going to fight true? Phone Post
7/14/11 3:05 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not any time soon. Bob Arum is protecting Chavez Jr.
7/14/11 9:07 AM
RFC-Biotch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight to make. I think el cannelo would win.
7/14/11 10:53 AM
FrateTrane_MaimedShane
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's quite a size difference between them.

They're only one division apart (154 Canelo 160 Chavez), I don't know what Alvarez weighted during his last fight, but Chavez was 178lbs on fight night vs Zbik. Plus he has a bunch of height on him too.

I'd probably take Chavez if they were to fight now based on the size difference and Alvarez getting hit too much.
7/15/11 11:48 AM
The Sauce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy watching both! at the same time would be great!!
7/15/11 11:53 AM
KwikTempah

but wouldn't that mean he was fighting someone with a pulse ??

yes it would !!

the correct answer is ....Alfonso Gomez LOL !!!

way to step it up there Canelo !! I wonder who his 40th opponent will be ? Barrera ? Micky ward ? Phone Post
7/15/11 9:49 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KwikTempah - but wouldn't that mean he was fighting someone with a pulse ??

Yeah, he needs to step it up now. No more easy fights against Brits!
7/15/11 10:02 PM
Chappie
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted to see Canelo in with Austin Trout, but it looks like Golden Boy changed direction and have decided to pass on that fight.
7/17/11 9:54 AM
RFC-Biotch

Canelo just 19 maybe just turned 20. Time to turn it up alittle. Think him and Chavez would be good at this time. Chavez has had soft comp too. Chavez would be bigger guy,still think Canelo would win.
7/21/11 6:55 AM
KwikTempah

PoundforPound -
KwikTempah - but wouldn't that mean he was fighting someone with a pulse ??

Yeah, he needs to step it up now. No more easy fights against Brits!
if it's Brits he wants we got a few for him , he's going for the washed up unranked ones .

Brook , Khan , Macklin , Gavin .

whenever he wants to take himself seriously and make a few quid .

lol @ 40 fights . Phone Post
7/21/11 10:15 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 07/21/11 10:19 PM
KwikTempah - Brook , Khan , Macklin , Gavin .

None of those guys fight at 154, do they? Gavin looked like yet another overhyped Brit prospect in his last fight.
7/22/11 2:39 AM
KwikTempah

like Canelo when he was out on his feet against the fat useless Cotto brother ? , the difference ? that was like Canelos 32nd fight lol .

Gavins a 2 year pro with a handful of fights .

fights could be made with all those guys , Macklin can get there easy if Canelo insists on fighting at LM, but he's a WW imo . Khan will move to WW soon , brook is a legit WW . Gavin keeps crying about wanting to be a WW but he isn't .

I like Canelo but he got hurt badly by Cotto and he doesn't seem to want to fight anyone even remotely dangerous , he is going backwards with his opposition .

Why didn't they make a fight with K9 ? he's a 5'6 38 year old light middle with a shiny belt ! Phone Post
12/2/11 11:59 AM
Steelersfan 24 7

Canelo needs to fight James Kirkland and get destroyed and Chavez Jr can fight Martinez. Then all this bullshit mexican hero worship can end. We all know who the real champs in those weight classes are. These guys are no Morales or Barrera types. They hardly carry on the tradition of great Aztec warriors.
12/2/11 5:48 PM
PoundforPound

Mexican boxing is overflowing with real world champions at the moment. It's sickening to see manufactured hype jobs like Chavez Jr and Canelo being mentioned in the same sentence.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.