UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royler challenges eddie to MMA?

7/13/11 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
travis_mullins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"" Set to rematch Eddie Bravo on a superfight in this year’s edition of ADCC, Royler Gracie didn’t approve the way things happened and he was upset about his negotiation with Guy Nieves, since he’s disclose some confidential information about their deal. Since the organization of the event hasn’t got in touch with him anymore, Royler has other plans and revealed that the bout won’t happen. “I have no problems with ADCC, but the fact is that we didn’t get to an agreement on our negotiation and unfortunately the organizers of the event haven’t got in touch with me again. I can’t keep waiting, I have other plans for myself. I’m assuming this bout won’t happen”, Royler told TATAME, saying he might fight MMA this year. The BJJ black belt haven’t fought MMA since 2006, when he was defeated by Hideo Tokoro in K-1 Dynamite, but guaranteed he’ll return to the rings this year, probably in Brazil, and Eddie Bravo didn’t accept fighting him in this event. “I’m dealing with this MMA event, which might happen in Brazil. I haven’t sign anything yet, but the negotiations are going well and it’s likely it happens. The organizer of the event even called Eddie Bravo to fight me, but he declined it, he didn’t want to fight me… And I said I was only punch im with my hands opened, man (laughs)”. ""

Link to thread here: http://www.tatame.com/2011/07/13/Royler-wont-fight-Bravo-at-ADCC-and-challenged-him-to-a-MMA-fight

so what do you guys think? Acceptable behavior after being called out by eddie.. Or shady move by royler calling out Eddie to MMA.. a sport that Royler trains and eddie has never spent a day working on..
7/13/11 10:29 PM
FingerorMoon
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

travis_mullins - "" Set to rematch Eddie Bravo on a superfight in this year’s edition of ADCC, Royler Gracie didn’t approve the way things happened and he was upset about his negotiation with Guy Nieves, since he’s disclose some confidential information about their deal. Since the organization of the event hasn’t got in touch with him anymore, Royler has other plans and revealed that the bout won’t happen. “I have no problems with ADCC, but the fact is that we didn’t get to an agreement on our negotiation and unfortunately the organizers of the event haven’t got in touch with me again. I can’t keep waiting, I have other plans for myself. I’m assuming this bout won’t happen”, Royler told TATAME, saying he might fight MMA this year. The BJJ black belt haven’t fought MMA since 2006, when he was defeated by Hideo Tokoro in K-1 Dynamite, but guaranteed he’ll return to the rings this year, probably in Brazil, and Eddie Bravo didn’t accept fighting him in this event. “I’m dealing with this MMA event, which might happen in Brazil. I haven’t sign anything yet, but the negotiations are going well and it’s likely it happens. The organizer of the event even called Eddie Bravo to fight me, but he declined it, he didn’t want to fight me… And I said I was only punch im with my hands opened, man (laughs)”. ""

Link to thread here: http://www.tatame.com/2011/07/13/Royler-wont-fight-Bravo-at-ADCC-and-challenged-him-to-a-MMA-fight

so what do you guys think? Acceptable behavior after being called out by eddie.. Or shady move by royler calling out Eddie to MMA.. a sport that Royler trains and eddie has never spent a day working on..

I think totally acceptable move.

Eddie markets a 'no-gi BJJ for MMA' method and any MMA match between them will look pretty much like a BJJ match anyway.

Royler doesn't really 'train MMA' and neither one of them is going to suddenly show off amazing striking.
7/13/11 10:29 PM
Rocky Dennis

Would love to see them fight.  However, I am almost certain Eddie would get his ass kicked. 
7/13/11 10:30 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love bjj and it's heritage but that is 110% retarded. What a slimy sneaky bitchy weak ass move by Royler. Phone Post
7/13/11 10:37 PM
bhealthy

110% hetarded shituation all the way around. but it IS hilarious gets the fluffers in both camps all fired up
7/13/11 10:37 PM
travis_mullins

Yeah i see this as a shady move.. but a great opportunity for eddie at the same time.. I mean.. i think an ADCC rematch between eddie and royler would be great. Because if Eddie could beat him again.. that would show that his system is legit and needs to be taken seriously.. But i would say this MMA match might hold that same opportunity for him.. Imagine if he does accept it. and uses his jiujitsu to beat Royler.. That would just prove his point even greater.. #1 Eddies jiujitsu was superior in order to beat royler.. and #2.. 10th planet really is effective in neautralizing the strikes of an opponent. So i say go for it eddie.. Or heck.. just give them brass knuckles and bats.. I just want to see these guys go at it :P
7/13/11 10:38 PM
EddieBravo
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv
 About a month ago I get an email from some promoter I've never heard of in Brazil asking me if I would fight Royler in his small show in Brazil. This was right in the middle of Royler asking for 50k show money for a grappling match with me. I told him I wanted the rematch to happen in ADCC, plus MMA would take so much longer to prepare for, so I declined his offer. That was it.

The first match happened in ADCC and the second one should as well since none of this would even be talked about if it wasn't for the Sheik making it happen.

Fuck going to dangerous ass Brazil to fight MMA in a small show when we can do it in the most prestigious grappling show ever :) 
7/13/11 10:39 PM
bhealthy

winner gets to play luke cage. and a blue belt
7/13/11 10:39 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Sounds like the least relevant fight in MMA ever.
7/13/11 10:40 PM
Ansari
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After reading this, I went to look up Royler's MMA record...

Which one of you UG'ers are responsible for this?

7/13/11 10:42 PM
travis_mullins

i definitely agree fighting in a little rink town in brazil would be the best idea for eddie. Eddie how about this.. Would you agree to do an MMA match with him if he first agreed to a jiujitsu match with you?.. the point you ask.. umm.. bc it would be freakin sweet!
7/13/11 10:43 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royler feeling the need to be able to strike Eddie.. Interesting. But I thought the point was proving the original 'grappling' match was a fluke ?
7/13/11 10:45 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have little desire to watch them fight. A grappling rematch, yes, but a fight would just be a waste of both guys' abilities and on top of that, would jip us all of what we really want to see, which is a high-level, competitive no-gi match.
7/13/11 10:46 PM
Tatami Strangler
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no interest seeing either of them fight MMA.
7/13/11 10:47 PM
aej1984

Edited: 07/13/11 10:49 PM
I'd love to see them in an MMA match. An MMA or NOGI style match between the two is tantamount to the same thing. Neither are adept strikes, so the addition of that I don't see that as being an advantage to either. It would end up on the ground, and as Eddie sees his style as the natural progression of BJJ in MMA he should be loading his panties at the notion of using it to beat one of the greatest grapplers in the world with it. Royler may have an advantage in MMA experience, but that's not saying much with his record. All sub wins except for the decision. I also noticed that someone wrote that he has a loss in 2011 to Eddie via "dicktuck." Disrespectful, but funny as shit.
7/14/11 1:04 AM
musclegarden
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole thing does end up looking weak on Royler's part.
7/14/11 2:03 AM
Tim Sylvia poop shorts

Man up Royler!
7/14/11 2:04 AM
aej1984

musclegarden - This whole thing does end up looking weak on Royler's part.

While I'm a fan of the Gracies in general and would love to disagree, I can't. $25K to fight is quite a bit for one match. He'd be away from his normal duties for what, a week? On one hand, you ask a guy like Royler and he says that he is always ready and in shape and will fight anyone, but then something like this comes up and he backs out. Whatever happened to the Gracie Challenge? Fight anybody, anywhere. I've got mad dog respect for Roger, who is a monster straight from Hell on the mat, and Renzo may be one of the most awesome humans ever made, but this particular case is a joke.
7/14/11 3:33 AM
EKPOGI
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see the MMA fight instead.in strikeforce or something.
7/14/11 3:35 AM
ironjosh

Why do people care so much about 2 guys in their 40's who are barely relevant at this point

in jiu jitsu AND MMA
7/14/11 4:03 AM
aej1984

ironjosh - Why do people care so much about 2 guys in their 40's who are barely relevant at this point

in jiu jitsu AND MMA

Christ Almighty! By that line of reasoning why would anybody want to see Sakuraba vs. Rickson? Or Bas vs. Rickson? Or Vovchanchyn vs. Bas? Or Bas vs. any dominant striker in the last 5 or 10 years/Rickson vs. any dominant grappler? Because they are legends and trailblazers.
7/14/11 4:03 AM
TheClips

lol @ "fuck going to dangerous ass Brazil"! Couldn't have said it better myself!

But for real, Eddie, if Royler ever challenges you to an MMA fight somewhere safer, I'd say take him up on it. If you win, it's awesome, if you lose, it's cuz you're not an MMA fighter. You win either way.

Of course, all of this must follow your demands for 50k just to show!
7/14/11 4:49 AM
CompanyBlue

The Royler hate here is too strong. ADCC promoters didn't do a great job trying to put this together. Royler felt slighted and passes on it. Royler says fuck it let's fight MMA, and now Royler is a pussy? hahaha
7/14/11 6:03 AM
pickula
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOGI or MMA, Royler would win in either case.
7/14/11 6:15 AM
Tyler Bentley

No he want it to happen in mma so he as the advantage what the heck are you talking about an mma match or grappling is not the same at all Royler could be in a diffucult position and punch him out of it and vice versa do it in the fucking basement and put it on youtube does the Gracies don't have enough money yet where is the competition spirit !!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.