UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> CagePotato's great gallery of fail

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/15/11 10:37 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Mixed Martial Arts provides the rarest window into the greatest heights of the human capacity for greatness. Audacity, tenacity, power, determination, endurance, gallantry, gameness, and grit are showcased so keenly that the viewer is regularly driven to exclaim "HOLY F------ S---!"

Like all fields of human endeavor, MMA also includes some share of fail. The great souls at cagepotato put together a comprehensive gallery of fail, excerpted below.

The opening moments of a fight characteristically find a canny feeling out period, where each fighter probes for nearly invisible weaknesses in the other's asenal. Or, it can be a fail.

Fighters meet head to head, with no quarter asked, and none given. Other times, they ask, even beg, even clown for engagement.

One of the hallmarks of the sport is a fighter from one martial discipline drawing from the tools of another, creating a fearsome fighting machine. For example, boxers can borrow kicks, and UFC fighters can borrow slipping on ice.

Among the greatest additions to the world's store of unarmed combat technique is the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Guard, and how to conquer it.

Mixed Martial Arts fights can end unexpectedly, via Russian leg lock submission or freestyle wrestling slam. Othertimes, it is really unexpected.

When the fight is over, it is time to celebrate with furious enthusiasm. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

View entire gallery...

7/15/11 11:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
2555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 ttt
7/15/11 11:13 AM
The Sultan
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
7/15/11 11:19 AM
ferox13
1041 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats Datsik - with Datsik there is no fail.
7/15/11 11:42 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't believe they missed this one
7/15/11 11:44 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and of course there's all those delightful shin snap kicks

not gonna post those
7/15/11 11:46 AM
Kirik
2555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Violence -  

I rolled with Falaniko once and almost got a heel hook, then a knee bar, then something, then I realized he was feeding me things and then, basically, ignoring me. I was kinda stunned with Lindland went through his so throughly in the rematch. It is a little hard for me to get my head around how great the greats are.
7/15/11 11:55 AM
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for posting this!  The complete six-page feature is right here if you want to see more...
7/15/11 12:09 PM
Dr Violence

Kirik - 
Dr Violence -  

I rolled with Falaniko once and almost got a heel hook, then a knee bar, then something, then I realized he was feeding me things and then, basically, ignoring me. I was kinda stunned with Lindland went through his so throughly in the rematch. It is a little hard for me to get my head around how great the greats are.
You never really know until they get in the cage really, I've had the opposite where guys I thought weren't all that good ended up having great success. And guys who I thought were amazing, who somehow kept losing fights. The mental side of things is what I used to underestimate I think. Some people just have this rock-solid faith in themselves and it makes them win. I expected Lindland to win the rematch because he has that, and I figured he would be angry as hell about the first fight :)  

7/15/11 12:15 PM
crowbar
951 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funniest of the bunch IMO.

7/15/11 12:19 PM
Kirik

CagePotato - Thanks for posting this!  The complete six-page feature is right here if you want to see more...

+1
7/15/11 12:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stefan Struve fail

http://i46.tinypic.com/seyn1y.gif
7/15/11 4:05 PM
ReX13
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/11 4:08 PM
<blockquote>Dr Violence - can't believe they missed this one </blockquote>

Well, i couldn't put every MMA fail ever in the feature, and purposefully held back some, including famous ones like Neer's amazing self-GNP.
That's not to say i've seen them all or that this was an exhaustive list.

There's always another installment coming.

PS glad ya'll enjoyed. i'm no DamnSevern, but my captions are usually funny.
7/15/11 4:10 PM
Nitecrawler
3191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL!!!
7/15/11 4:35 PM
per
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hilarious!

Many of those are unknown to me though, it would be interesting to know who the fighters are and where-and-when it took place. For example, who is the fighter who backflips and seems to wreck his abdomen and ends up in a moaning pile of self-pity in front of his huge trophy?
7/15/11 4:39 PM
MY ANUS HAS BEEN OVEREEMED
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CayleeAnthony'sMemoryLivesOn - SUBBED!

7/15/11 4:55 PM
Frobenius

Edited: 07/15/11 4:55 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Stefan Struve fail

http://i46.tinypic.com/seyn1y.gif

7/15/11 5:27 PM
ReX13

the backflipping fail is Dokonjonosuke Mishima, after his win over Imanari.  He was excited.
7/15/11 5:28 PM
ReX13

the fat guy rolling for the kneebar (twice, from a mile away) is Jonathan Ivey.
7/15/11 5:29 PM
ReX13

Whoa, thanks for bluing me up, person who made me blue.
7/15/11 6:44 PM
per
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who were the UFC fighters who simultaneously went unconscious and tapped out? Somehow that has avoided my eyes before seeing it here.
7/15/11 6:47 PM
epwar
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

per - Who were the UFC fighters who simultaneously went unconscious and tapped out? Somehow that has avoided my eyes before seeing it here.
Gray Maynard and Rob Emerson.

7/15/11 6:48 PM
blushgirl412
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4L
7/15/11 8:44 PM
Uncle Justice
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice work Rexy. This gif was a custom request of my favorite Datsik fail. It's called the flying 3-piece combo of DOOM.
7/15/11 9:42 PM
ReX13

If you think i won't use that GIF in the future and claim to have filmed it myself, you've grossly overestimated my integrity.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.