UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> look at my sh-tty wrestling

7/15/11 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/11 11:24 AM
Fighters Only Magazine

i'm the guy in the snazzy vest/headguard combo

at this point ive had a proper wrestling coach for four weeks i think, but obviously i have been involved in mma for ages so i am not a complete noob or anything.

This was last two rounds of the hour so i am fuckin knackered but nonetheless its a fair representation of my cruddy wrestling.

I like the bit where i shoot and then ball up into a turtle and stay there. What the fuck am i supposed to do there? BJJ/MMA i would roll through to guard but i gather that is not the done thing in the manly art of wrestling. Ive tried this sitout thingy but i keep getting my back taken.

oh and enjoy the music. Its called dubstep, all the rage over here at the minute but i am guessing it will go down like a turdbomb with you lot :D
7/15/11 12:43 PM
BshMstr
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, i'm not much of a wrestler myself, but a while back i spent a lot of time working on my grappling, and my wrestling in particular.

my warmup involved shrimps/hip escapes, etc, but also sitouts for the entire length of the mat, 5x week. my partner noticed my sitout improved dramatical, i've i'm still quite a bit more comfortable with it.

7/15/11 12:51 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine
^ interesting, cheers

is the sitout considered a high-percentage move?
7/15/11 12:55 PM
BshMstr
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think sitting out is one of those things that is great for a scramble....if you're good at it, you can turn the tables. if you're not, then people can take your back easier.

an add-on drill i did with that, was the forward roll to the opposite ankle (roll forward on right shoulder towards left ankle, alterante and repeat. and get dizzy)... this worked well if someone got my back, and i'd roll under them before they get hooks in.

i worked on these two a lot, because i tend to give up my back, though....
7/15/11 1:28 PM
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/11 1:30 PM
I like the bit where i shoot and then ball up into a turtle and stay there. What the fuck am i supposed to do there? BJJ/MMA i would roll through to guard but i gather that is not the done thing in the manly art of wrestling. Ive tried this sitout thingy but i keep getting my back taken.

Theres some options in that video.  If you can find the DVD "John Smith's scoring from bad positions" it covers your topic in detail. 
7/16/11 6:17 PM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice arm drag in the beginning, obviously you need to work alot on takedown offense and defense.
If you shoot and the guy sprawls on top of you, make a habit out of going for one of his legs and "cutting the corner"/getting a angle to continue driving him to the mat.
7/17/11 5:25 AM
john joe

Fighters Only Magazine
thanks fellas, some good advice so far, cheers
7/31/11 11:37 AM
WRESTLENOW
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first thing, work on your stance bend at the knees not so much at the waist

get lower bend your knees alot more, keep your posture strong, don't bend your waist with your head down so much you aren't trying to headbutt the guy.
keep your elbows in and hands up.

keep it in your mind to hold your head up more and keep your back straight and your posture upright when you wrestle.
7/31/11 11:38 AM
WRESTLENOW

edit-*i meant to say headbutt the guy in the crotch*
7/31/11 7:20 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
the crotch-butt is my key weapon :/
8/3/11 5:04 PM
LMFAO

well to be fair your wrestling is absolutly appauling..and you have a proper wrestling coach? Daaayum if any of my lads wrestled like that after there 1st session id certainly be a tad annoyed..never mind after 4 weeks...someone in this thread has given the best possible advice you could ever be given but you simply seem oblivious to it..im 100 percent certain that within a one 2 hour wreslting session at my gym you would be a giant percentage better at wreslting offence..defence,you current training partners would score on you ALOT less youd score on them ALOT more....
8/3/11 5:58 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
LMFAO - well to be fair your wrestling is absolutly appauling..and you have a proper wrestling coach? Daaayum if any of my lads wrestled like that after there 1st session id certainly be a tad annoyed..never mind after 4 weeks...someone in this thread has given the best possible advice you could ever be given but you simply seem oblivious to it..im 100 percent certain that within a one 2 hour wreslting session at my gym you would be a giant percentage better at wreslting offence..defence,you current training partners would score on you ALOT less youd score on them ALOT more....

this has to be a troll post

i seem oblivious to what? apart from my OP, my only posts are to ask one question about sitouts and to say thanks for the advice

my wrestling coach is probably going to be on the Olympic team for Great Britain for the 2012 games; my failings are mine not his.

finally, you come off like a dick, the first person in the thread to do so. Please feel free to offer critique or even post your own videos up, but keep a civil tongue in your head. Just because the internet empowers you to speak to people like they are dickheads doesnt mean that you should; its juvenile.
8/4/11 3:29 AM
SFC_Fighter

your stance is way too upright

you change levels by bending at the waist or falling down on your hands and knees.. you should use your legs to squat down or step to change levels

your elbows are flared out and your arms are too loose and extended

you seem to like doing arm drags and set ups without following through with an attack

stop fiddling with that goofy headgear
8/4/11 12:01 PM
LMFAO

a troll post because??i think your wreslting is appauling?? i do actually think its appauling...and bragging that your coach is representing britain at wrestling is like bragging youve gota german friend in the world comedy awards...any decent wrelsting coach within 5 seconds of looking at you wrestling would tell you your stance is appauling...so yes its certainly your coaches failings that he hasnt corrected you in several weeks of training...wresltenow gave you excellent advice but it went straight over your head...
8/4/11 12:27 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
LMFAO - a troll post because??i think your wreslting is appauling?? i do actually think its appauling...and bragging that your coach is representing britain at wrestling is like bragging youve gota german friend in the world comedy awards...any decent wrelsting coach within 5 seconds of looking at you wrestling would tell you your stance is appauling...so yes its certainly your coaches failings that he hasnt corrected you in several weeks of training...wresltenow gave you excellent advice but it went straight over your head...

'a troll post' because you just came off so abrasive;

you can criticise my wrestling, i dont give a fuck - the thread is called 'look at my shitty wrestling' anyway - but dont 'go off', theres no need

i have literally no idea why you keep saying someones advice went over my head - how would you know whether or not i have implemented anyones advice?

and you surely dont think my jokey response to wrestlenow ('the crotch butt is my secret weapon') was me dismissing his advice or something?

all your points are valid, i know my wrestling is appalling/shitty, i dont disagree. But me asking for critique was not an invitation for you to get on a soapbox and crow about being wonderful.

have a great day sir.
8/4/11 3:23 PM
LMFAO

right so...ur getting offended because i agree that your statement is correct...i used less abrasive term than "shitty" "appauling" is certainly not as bad as "shitty" so your getting offended that i agree with you with a less severe term that shitty??so really this sounds to me that you want people to say your wreslting isnt that bad...well i agree with your statement its not very good....and lets be honest if your wreslting coach hasnt picked up on your stance in 4 weeks..its not like your going to is it??seein as your coach is "a british olympic wreslter"....ive never once said i was wonderful i actually said i could help your wrestling..i pointed out your stance was poor aswell and ealrier pointed out wresltenow said your stance was poor which seemed to go over your head..my opinion your could get the best takedowns in the world to go with yuor "shitty" stance and yuo still wouldnt be any good at wrestling...as your stance is the reason why your wreslting is "shitty"........stance..motion...3 lines of defence...head..hands...hips..stick with that and your wreslting ill improve leaps n bounds...thank me later
8/4/11 5:45 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
^ dude, i'm not looking for compliments, i called the fuckin thread 'my shitty wrestling' for gods sake

i dont know why you keep telling me people's advice is going over my head, ive tried to implement everything ive been told on this thread - including your advice

my coach does get on my case about my stance; its my fault i stand upright not his

i dont mind getting pulled to bits, not at all, and i am not getting offended, but you're like a bull in china shop

your advice is solid though and actually i was at practice tonight and doing better just by getting low, staying low, keeping my elbows in etc, so thanks to you and everyone else who offered advice
8/4/11 11:20 PM
WRESTLENOW

there is alot of great stuff on youtube for free, just make sure the guy your watching is legit.
8/5/11 12:31 PM
LMFAO

john joe - ^ dude, i'm not looking for compliments, i called the fuckin thread 'my shitty wrestling' for gods sake

i dont know why you keep telling me people's advice is going over my head, ive tried to implement everything ive been told on this thread - including your advice

my coach does get on my case about my stance; its my fault i stand upright not his

i dont mind getting pulled to bits, not at all, and i am not getting offended, but you're like a bull in china shop

your advice is solid though and actually i was at practice tonight and doing better just by getting low, staying low, keeping my elbows in etc, so thanks to you and everyone else who offered advice

see heres where you start contradicting yourself earlier you bragged about your coaches credentials said "my failings are my coaches failings" or words to that effect...now your saying your failings are not your coaches failings and hes always getting onto you about yuor stance...see now this is where i actually think your lying..if it was JUST your poor stance that was the problem then fine..but EVERYBODY in your video has appauling stances.

So it looks to me like your coach isnt doing his job correctly and isnt a very good coach,just because someone wresltes on a team for there country doesnt make them a good coach...either that or after many weeks of coaching no1 in the class is complient to his instructions...as its plain to see everyone in the video has horrific stance issues...and again sounds like hes a poor coach. Either that or he knows nothing about stance. Do you know why yuor wreslting is "shitty" its because your stance is "shitty" .

Now its took for you to come onto mma.tv to get the advices from others because either your a bad student and have a class full of bad students..or have an awful coach who knows squat diddly about wreslting stance..or if he does hes certainly not sharing the info and teachings..despite me being a bull in a china shop you can pretty much gaurantee everything i said is "shitty" "bull in a china shop" but is certainly correct unlike your wreslting stance....thank you sir
8/5/11 3:16 PM
john joe

Edited: 08/05/11 3:24 PM
Fighters Only
^ dude, at the time of the video the guy had been there four weeks. I would like to see you turn a load of kickboxers into wrestlers in four weeks;

whatever anyway, thanks for your advice; you've been a great help
8/5/11 3:34 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
LMFAO - see heres where you start contradicting yourself earlier you bragged about your coaches credentials

LMFAO - see now this is where i actually think your lying..

unbelievable

1 - mentioning my coaches credentials is not 'bragging'

2 - i dont know what you think is going on here, but its not an investigation or something.

Going on like you're trying to catch me out, are you right in the head? I made this thread to ask for some advice, not read this kind of silly bullshit, who the hell do you think you are? Talking about 'bragging' and 'lying' like you're someone i have to justify or explain myself to.

You dont need to reply to me again; you're either trolling me or extremely socially retarded. Lets leave it there; thanks
8/5/11 6:13 PM
LMFAO

john joe - ^ dude, at the time of the video the guy had been there four weeks. I would like to see you turn a load of kickboxers into wrestlers in four weeks;

whatever anyway, thanks for your advice; you've been a great help

your right...i could do it in 4days...and they would look alot..and i mean ALOT better
8/5/11 6:14 PM
LMFAO

john joe - 
LMFAO - see heres where you start contradicting yourself earlier you bragged about your coaches credentials

unbelievable

2 - i dont know what you think is going on here, but its not an investigation or something.

Going on like you're trying to catch me out, are you right in the head? I made this thread to ask for some advice, not read this kind of silly bullshit, who the hell do you think you are? Talking about 'bragging' and 'lying' like you're someone i have to justify or explain myself to.

You dont need to reply to me again; you're either trolling me or extremely socially retarded. Lets leave it there; thanks

i just find you to be disingenuine and full of crap is all...
8/5/11 6:17 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
LMFAO - 
john joe - 

unbelievable

i just find you to be disingenuine and full of crap is all...

you're a fucking idiot; is all

in over ten years of using forums i have put one person ever on ignore. You are now number two; farewell
8/5/11 6:18 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
Posted: 3 minutes ago

You have ignored this user.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.