UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> look at my sh-tty wrestling

8/9/11 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
godwillingbro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO is a giant tool..the dude is new to wrestling. Relax cool guy.
8/12/11 12:27 PM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChipW - 

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/id9meRHeFFo?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-35139990-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-35139990");
I like the bit where i shoot and then ball up into a turtle and stay there. What the fuck am i supposed to do there? BJJ/MMA i would roll through to guard but i gather that is not the done thing in the manly art of wrestling. Ive tried this sitout thingy but i keep getting my back taken.

Theres some options in that video.  If you can find the DVD "John Smith's scoring from bad positions" it covers your topic in detail. 
Great vid, thanks.

LMFAO, you're from the North East aren't you? Where do you coach/train?

8/12/11 4:24 PM
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only
^ oh is he? i thought he was from the US

keep me posted
8/12/11 5:16 PM
WRESTLENOW

i don't see much point in harping on saying your wrestling is bad. It is bad, but you are obviously working on it and have your ego in check enough to put yourself out there to criticism and ask for advice on what you can do to improve.

also for four weeks of training i would expect a little more out of my guys but you may not be training as many times per week, i would like to see you post some more videos of you wrestling, it would be interesting to see the progression of a newcomer from month to month.
8/13/11 10:45 AM
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only
^ two hours a week i'm training, sessions are only an hour tues and thurs (after one hours jits and hour boxing btw; i wish wrestling wasnt 8-9pm but it is :/)

i've taken things from this thread already and implemented them and whilst i wont be troubling the upper reaches of the NCAA any time soon i am getting a bit better i think

I will get another vid up soon and see if u can see any difference;
8/17/11 3:23 AM
uglee
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well I'm going to assume your talking about from the front headlock postion. You have sevrail options here one as others have suggested snatch a leg and try to cut a corner and finish with a single. 2 yes you can sit through although this takes a lot of time to perfect and is riskey cause you can get thrown to your back. 3. get hand control post that hand to the mat and work back to your feet a lot of times arm drags become avaiable off this.4. also at one point the guys comes to your side and hangs his arm he is begging to get grambyed by doing that. 5 sucker drags are also very effective from this postion
as for your stance do a lot of shadow wrestling get in a good stance and just move like you would in a match cutting angles and such practice a good penitration step and bending at the knees.
8/17/11 3:38 PM
john joe

Fighters Only
^ good stuff, cheers!
12/23/11 11:09 AM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish the videos were still up, but I'm stealing tips just from the comments.

John Joe, I was just thinking about this the other day, you sound like you're in the same boat I'm in. I was watching a converted wrestling doing some shadowboxing and thought "WTF is that guy even doing?" But then I realized wrestlers would say the same watching me drill takedowns and such.

I'll try to get some video up for you guys to critique soon, I could certainly use it.
12/27/11 2:31 PM
GBDazzler

LMFAO - bragging that your coach is representing britain at wrestling is like bragging youve gota german friend in the world comedy awards...

A guy at the olympic academy, Myroslav Dykun, medalled at the yarygin(considered the toughest comp in the world), barely any americans ever medal at this competition, so get some info before you go all keyboard warrior on everyone.
12/27/11 2:33 PM
GBDazzler

where are the vids i can't see anything.
12/28/11 8:39 AM
john joe

ive no idea where those videos have gone, ive not deleted them or anything! Ive just checked my youtube channel and they have gone but i cant see how, as theres only me that has access. Very odd; maybe someone flagged them as offensive, they couldnt bear to watch any more haha
1/6/12 3:25 PM
LMFAO

GBDazzler - 
LMFAO - bragging that your coach is representing britain at wrestling is like bragging youve gota german friend in the world comedy awards...

A guy at the olympic academy, Myroslav Dykun, medalled at the yarygin(considered the toughest comp in the world), barely any americans ever medal at this competition, so get some info before you go all keyboard warrior on everyone.

Even better,so u have a guy who ISNT BRITISH representing britain in the olympics...snortle chuckle chuckle
1/6/12 9:18 PM
GBDazzler

LMFAO - 
GBDazzler - 

Even better,so u have a guy who ISNT BRITISH representing britain in the olympics...snortle chuckle chuckle

So the fact the isn't born in the uk makes him non-existant? And no-one can train with him and learn from him? Good logic buddy.
I train in the uk one of my coaches was a junior asian cup champ and yarygin 5th place taker in satiev's division, another wrestler that trains at the academy got 5th at worlds in 09, another was on the Iranian national squad.
So yeah seems like a place were jokers would train no one would ever get any good training with those guys...

Obviously Britain isn't a wrestling nation, Iran and Russia are the best to learn from and train with, russia for clinch and iran for leg attack, but that doesn't mean wrestling doesn't exist there, and the guys that train there are a joke, your comments are that of an uneducated, ignorant bafoon.
1/7/12 1:24 PM
LMFAO

i said british...Shhhh
1/7/12 5:43 PM
john joe

Fighters Only, web monkey
LMFAO - You have ignored this user.

^ cock faggot

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.