UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Yoshihiro Akiyama: It's life or death vs. Belfort

7/20/11 5:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Yoshihiro Akiyama fights Vitor Belfort at UFC 133 on Aug. 6 in Philadelphia

7/20/11 5:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belfort is bigger, quicker, and has one punch KO power. Sexiyama might have a chance if he can control Belfort with throws and takedowns and gas him, but he's as likely to gas himself as Belfort that way. So Belfort's an easy pick for this win.
7/20/11 5:51 PM
Kakkarotto_san

It is possible that Akiyama could beat Belfort the same way Henderson did - by outgrappling him, but it's gonna be a really tough fight.
7/20/11 6:01 PM
brahmabull81
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he does enough grappling he'll also have success on the feet, somewhat. Hendo also managed to nearly land all the good (but few) standing strikes because of how he threatened with the tds.
7/20/11 6:09 PM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get why is Akyiama getting to fight Belfort, the last guy who fought for the MW title...
7/20/11 6:12 PM
Winnson

Akiyama should KICK HIM IN THE FACE!
7/20/11 6:18 PM
KPR10

Can't see Akiyama winning this, Belfort will likely win by KO. Even if Akiyama can take Vitor down, he gasses by the end of the 1st round and Vitor will be all over him.
7/20/11 6:55 PM
teke213
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hasn't he won fight of the night in every fight he's been in? those guys don't get cut.  look at lytle, tyson griffin, bonus winners get more chances. i've enjoyed each ufc fight involving akiyama so far.
7/20/11 7:51 PM
K-Dub-"T"

This fool shoulda been at 170 years ago. WTF is his problem?
7/20/11 8:02 PM
K-Dub-"T"

Edited: 07/20/11 8:19 PM
 Why would that hit close to home?
I would like him to cut because he is an exciting fighter who's getting owned by larger fighters.
Even a dumb retard would understand that from my post....
... hit a little close to home?

(edit) I did paraphrase with the "dumb retard" part.
7/20/11 8:16 PM
slamming

RyannVonDoom - 
edokaz818 - 
Godmode - I don't get why is Akyiama getting to fight Belfort, the last guy who fought for the MW title...

UFC wants to cut him. They gave him Nate before Belfort and before that it was another top MW.

The guy is 1-2 and i think he would be a good draw for Japan when they go there.

Zuffa wants him gone. He's one of the faces of Japanese MMA.. they want to humiliate him.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense since they announced they are going to hold a event in Japan.

They should hire you as head of marketing. Not only because you have such vision, but also because it would take you off the unemployment line.

7/20/11 8:18 PM
MMALOGIC

Akiyama has a significant contract... that's why he has to earn his wins. No lay up's being served for him.
7/20/11 8:22 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death.
7/20/11 8:30 PM
Deaf Forever

FFS Akiyama go to 170!

The UFC wanted him cut so they matched him up with Sonnen then when that fell through they tried Nate and now Vitor.
7/20/11 8:58 PM
jcblass

Why does Akiyama have to fight the toughest guys every single event. Why don't they match him up with some can's like they do with most of the other superstars.
7/20/11 9:30 PM
reyrey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn it I like both of these guys. Might have to pull for Akiyama in this one so he can stay in the UFC.
7/20/11 9:53 PM
46and2
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BELFORT

He might never be able to beat Anderson, but I sure as hell would like to see him try again.
7/21/11 10:55 AM
Allyooken

NarlyPersianDude - so Michael Bisping beats B level fighters and keeps getting more and more b level fighters, Akiyama loses to A level fighters, and keeps getting more and more A level fights.

Bisping beats Akiyama, then gets Dan Miller Jorge Rivera and now Mayhem,

Akiyama loses to Bisping, loses to Leben, then gets put up to fight Chael, falls through, then Nate, gets scrapped, then Vitor.

Utterly nonsensical matchmaking, Joe Silva, what in the name of God are you doing?

Akiyama should not get a shit fighter, but he should get a step down in comp, not a step up. Belfort will be the best guy he has fought in the ufc, maybe best guy in his career.

Facepalm and confusion

Agreed man, but...

Its because MW is the bummiest division. Chael almost beats Anderson, yes he got subbed by Maia. Maia loses to Mark Munoz, and now he is fighting Leben. Leben beat Vanderlie, but got KTFO by Brian Stann. Now Stann is fighting Chael.

And the bum merrygoround starts all over again. Meanwhile the Champ of MW is the most talentted and technical fighter on the planet!

And yet they want Anderson to fight the WW champ who decisions everytime!?

FACE PALM!!!!
7/21/11 11:25 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
edokaz818 - 
Godmode - I don't get why is Akyiama getting to fight Belfort, the last guy who fought for the MW title...

UFC wants to cut him. They gave him Nate before Belfort and before that it was another top MW.

The guy is 1-2 and i think he would be a good draw for Japan when they go there.

Zuffa wants him gone. He's one of the faces of Japanese MMA.. they want to humiliate him.

Humiliate him by giving him fights he should win based on his reputation?

If he cant win these kind of fights (Leben, Bisping especially!) then maybe he doesnt deserve to be in the UFC.
7/21/11 11:29 AM
disbeliever
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
edokaz818 - 

Brilliant considering they are going back to Japan soon
7/21/11 11:31 AM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Akiyama is getting older and quite clearly isn't as motivated as he was when he first came to ufc. The lack of trainig is showing off, so I think UFC just wants to get rid of him since they're paying him quite the amount of money.
7/21/11 11:38 AM
Bixby

Yoshihiro Akiyama at 3.570
Vitor Belfort at 1.344

Who thinks Akiyama has a chance to catch Vitor?

We didnt see Vitor pass round 2 in the UFC yet since his return.
I have my eyes on a KO in round 2 for Vitor.

Who ya got?
7/21/11 11:49 AM
bjjboxer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor by KO !!!!
7/22/11 5:31 AM
The Samurai

Good attitude. The matchup is great.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.